No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks so much for posting this article, tsax!

As for what MS said, I'm really hoping that AT or one of the producers confirms or denies how much of a role Carter will have on Atlantis...

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
      Thanks so much for posting this article, tsax!

As for what MS said, I'm really hoping that AT or one of the producers confirms or denies how much of a role Carter will have on Atlantis...
      Do you know when they start filming?
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        You know what? I have no idea... If the first film starts shooting in April, it's anyone's guess. I always had a problem with Atlantis following the same schedule, because that would mean that the season finale for S3 would end, and that the S4 premiere would follow shortly after that. Some "finale", eh?

Comment

According to MS (in this interview), the first movie is scheduled to begin shooting on April 15th, with the second to follow on or about June 1st. That's five or six weeks for principal photography, which is far longer than I expected them to take. I'm actually a little hopeful that the extra time will translate well onto the screen. Heretofore, a typical two-part episode would shoot in roughly ten to twelve days. I'm also thrilled to hear that Martin Wood is probably going to be directing the second movie. Now if I could just hear something concrete about the actors involved, I'd be all set.

Comment

Stargate Atlantis 3x15 'The Game' spoilers:

Spoiler:
            Hahaha, yet more Sam references here. The gist of the episode goes that Sheppard and McKay have found an Atlantis 'game' (it's actually a social experiment) which involved them taking control of a country and influencing it's development. Sorta like the Civilisation computer games if you've played them.

Anyway, McKay mentions how you can change the 'womens hair styles'...

McKay: Why hello there...

Sheppard and McKay have both have avatars, which act as the leader of the respective countries. McKay's is a blonde haired, blued woman named Nola...

who likes to eat blue jello...

(you can't actually see the jello, but that's whats in the bowl).
            Resemblance much?

Plus the fact that most of the women (and men too) in McKay's country seem to be of the blonde haired, blue eyed variety

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
              Stargate Atlantis 3x15 'The Game' spoilers:

Spoiler:
              Hahaha, yet more Sam references here. The gist of the episode goes that Sheppard and McKay have found an Atlantis 'game' (it's actually a social experiment) which involved them taking control of a country and influencing it's development. Sorta like the Civilisation computer games if you've played them.

Anyway, McKay mentions how you can change the 'womens hair styles'...

McKay: Why hello there...

Sheppard and McKay have both have avatars, which act as the leader of the respective countries. McKay's is a blonde haired, blued woman named Nola...

who likes to eat blue jello...

(you can't actually see the jello, but that's whats in the bowl).
              Resemblance much?

Plus the fact that most of the women (and men too) in McKay's country seem to be of the blonde haired, blue eyed variety
              I just hope some of the Atlantis fans aren't going to be complaining about Sam being in this episode
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                You are not immaterial to this conversation. It is again one of the promblems with printed interviews you never know for sure exactly what was said and how was it said.

Okay I'm going to go a bit OT for a moment - I just read the news that Joe Barbera died - Joe was half of the Hanna-Barbera animation team - he was responsible for one of my favorites as a kid

OH NO Yogi and Boo Boo were my favorites hence one of my favorite quotes..<<<<<Exit..Stage Left..... A very sad day indeed.

I just sent my Christmas greeting to Kamil for Amanda. I think there's 3 more days left with the 21st the dead line..just to remind. Send them to: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                  Hey everyone

Just popping to say good luck to the Samandas who are heading in to hospital, hoping everything goes ok. (((((hugs)))))

And night night everyone

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  Thank you and everyone else for the luck and good wishes. Sun's is tomorrow with mine following Thursday at 3pm EST. Hopefully we'll both come out of them saying "Piece of Cake!"

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                    That I'd love to see - especially if she didn't bother asking Landry first.
                    I would love to see this in fanfiction . . . Anyone up to writing it?

Comment

Atlantis last I heard would start filming in March

the SG-1 movies April 15th (1st movie) and June (2nd movie)
                      Last edited by tsaxlady; 19 December 2006, 06:38 PM. Reason: Spelling which I can't do tonight
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

so, i'm GUESSING, basically the stargate crew is likely just doing 2 movies instead of 20 eps
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

here's an excerpt from ms's new interview - SPOILERS

Spoiler:
                          IGN TV: Before the movies happen, we've still got the rest of season 10 to look forward to. (snip)

Shanks: (snip) We dally in some different parts of standalone episodes with um…with uh…what the hell is her name…Carter (laughs) that I wasn't around and don't appear because I took two episodes off in the summer time to spend it with my family and so Daniel had to disappear for some time, and he comes back and is kind of a villain, so we'll see how that fleshes out, and Carter I think has some perspective reality standalone episode and some more Ori stories and then we wrap it up with this really neat possible future episode at the end of the season.

the part i highlighted; is that supposed to be a funny?

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

humor is subjective and tone of voice is often lost in print
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                              Most of season nine works that way for me.

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                              It's all very odd, how TPTB have let things happen:

AT & MS both asked to direct in s2 or s3 - I only know that it was at the same time. They eventually said yes to him, and gave him an episode named 'Prodigy' which had no Daniel. Then switched at the last minute to give him 'Double Jeopardy' with its masses of complex SFX. AT quite reasonably expected that since MS's turn had come in s4 hers would be in early s5. From what I gather, it wasn't lack of enthusiasm on her part that made it take an extra three years...

And what's with giving her a script from a first time writer anyway?
                              My understanding is they assign a time to direct. Then the eps get assigned to times. She kept getting assigned to very Sam-heavy eps and they kept pushing her time back until they could push no farther. And she still got a rather Sam-heavy ep. <sigh> I think she said she had around 4 days to prep. They usually get weeks.

Good thing she had the crew behind her. And Greenberg.

::trying madly to catch up with these really wonderful posts recently::

Suse

ETA: How the heck did minigeeks post get on this reply? All I did was hit quote. :CONFUSED:
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                humor is subjective and tone of voice is often lost in print
                                Yep - again one of the reasons I like it when GW has either video or audio with interviews

OT: Is it just me or is GW running at a snails pace tonight?
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X