No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just dropping by to let those of you who may be interested know about this upcoming event...

The Sam/Jack Ship Family Discussion Thread will celebrate both Shipmas and A Shippy New Year!

By popular demand, we'll celebrate:

Shipmas: Sunday, December 17th
    A Shippy New Year: Saturday, December 30th

(Holiday pic by the very talented and generous zuz)

The events will take place in the S/J Ship Family thread. I'll open the celebrations at 12-midnight Eastern Standard (U.S.) Time, and they will run for 24 hours.

So prepare your shippy stories, vids, poems, pics and anything else that expresses the love we know that Sam and Jack share. If you don't think you're creative, then just come prepared to talk about your favorite episodes and moments.

Are there S/J Ship fic authors or other artists you'd like to invite to be there on these special days? E-mail or PM them.

All S/J Shippers, past and present, invited!

This is a free-for-all celebration of Sam & Jack!
    Prepare to have fun!

Comment

Sam: Sorry sir, but the Samandans want you as their cabana boy, and what my citizens want, my citizens get.
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
        I know...I know...

It hurt to learn I didn't make the top 10...but it was a bit more upsetting I didn't rate the top THIRTY.

I'll live. I'm just not used to placing so low when I compete.

Hey...maybe it's a character building experience...thing. It'll help me grow...help me mature. Help me become the type of person that I want to be. Maybe it's a good thing after all!!!!

Nah...I prefer winning.

((((((((((OOOOOOooooober)))))))))))

Sweetie, you were ROBBED! ROBBED I say! I know I've told you a couple of times how much I LOVE your vid. It's subtle and to the point. It shows all the GOOD stuff we all love about SG1 and that it's all about the TEAM!

Personally, I think you should have won...but then I wasn't in charge. <weg>
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Thank you and congrats to you to making it to the top 10! Way cool and you did a great job!

I also saw a username "shimmeringstar" in the mix. Would that be our shimmeringstar praytell???

What other Samandan made a video for the contest?
          Another SS out there??? Say it ain't so! LOL!

'Twasn't me unfortunately. I'd love to make videos (I like drawing, painting, photography, for years was the family videographer, taught myself PS...), but *coughs hard* I know if I started making vids you'd not be able to tear me away from the PC and that'd not be a good thing.... (kinda need to go to work to have the $ to pay for the 'Net connection, PC, electricity, etc. etc. etc.)

I take my proverbial hat off to all those who do - it takes a good eye, a good ear for music, a good sense of timing, good technical skills, and a heck a lot of time. I've watched one of our GW mods try her hand at vid making (for the BSG fandom) and it's been a wonderful experience to watch her vids and her growth as she learns and tries out new things.
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
            Good eye, Deej! That's Tim Guinee, aka Tomin.
            Thank you thank you thank you, a million times thank you! It was driving me mad!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
              Can we please have those recently unemployed Stargate men for our cabana boys? Dibs on RDA for my personal cabana boy, but you gals can share the others.

O.K., a quick story but it relates back to Sam. My daughter was working on her math this morning, and the three year old that spends her days with us was watching intently. My daughter puts her pencil in her hair then pushes her hair back with her fingers and sighes, and the little one asks her why she is doing it. Cedera replies, "I'm gonna be a scientist like Sam, so I have to practice running my fingers through my hair when I'm thinking." Now, I consider myself a pretty big Sam fan and I've never really paid much attention to that little detail. Does Sam run her fingers through her hair when she is thinking? If so, how pathetic is it that my eight year old noticed and I didn't?
              no, she doesn't.

IMHO, the main reason??? it's 'bad' for actresses to mess up thier hair during taping, it's gotta be fixed, so that's a very human reaction that's usually quashed, although i have her do it all the time in fic
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

just a random...

i wish amanda had a blog. either at gateworld or her website. i'd love to hear her random thoughts/feelings on things; like what she made for dinner for olivia or how hard is it to shop when you're recognizable.

it would need to be moderated so it wouldn't become what joe mallozzi's did , but i think it would be FAB to read the weekly 'amanda's coffee corner' blog.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

I made myself a new sig...and I wanted to share it with you all...

So what do you think?!?

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                    I made myself a new sig...and I wanted to share it with you all...
                    http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/2...tappingxm9.jpg

So what do you think?!?
                    Ooooh, Nice
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

He hugged me in mine!

Hey is it weird that we were in the old Safeway store I used to work at a decade plus ago?

It is?

K...just checkin.' Thank you. My depth (or lack thereof) has been covered by many a Samandan. Must I truly add my tuppence??!??

Oooober, anything is weird in an old Safeway store. I worked in one too (OMG 21 years ago ) and used to scan things in my dreams.

I'd much rather hug RDA in them instead.
                      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

i once answered the phone at home 'welcome to mcdonalds, can i take your order please'

sigpic

Comment

Just knew MGM was up to something. Way to go GW for being the first to break the official news about a third series. Who's taking bets about casting for the "lead" male hero?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

no bets

not to mention

obligatory sexy female alien
                            big muscled dude who's a softy inside
                            obnoxious scientist

oh, and everyone must be the best and brightest and most super duper special folks....but are all jus a hair over 25 cause, you know, that youth market must be catered to

sigpic

Comment

oh yes and stunt casting. must have the stunt casting. they don't need to hire talented actors, they need to hire actors with groupies

sigpic

Comment

Well I know what I won't be watching
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X