Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
    Amanda's new project ... just a thought ...

She said that she is growing her hair long for the part and it would be a lead in a sci-fi production, her production. All well and good but we know that long hair, modern era, military regs would probably prohibit that format. I started thinking more about how long hair is often seen as "old fashioned" or "turn of the century" and then came up with some options. AT has mentioned that she would consider doing a period piece/something historical. What if the long hair has to do with a character from the 19th century, maybe Victorian era? Women in science? There was a woman astronomer whom my daughter researched for a play - can't remember her name right now. Seemed that she did discover a planet or distant sun or something ... I'm drifting. Maybe Amanda is going to portray some female pioneer or maybe it will be a time-travel story and she steps out of that era into the future?

Okay, that's my tuppence! I have another great Sam Carter serendipity tale to tell from today's events but exhausted and will post later this weekend. Snow has finally made its official arrival in the Berkshires.

'Night all and play carefully ... Princess Amy may be lurking!
    I was thinking about the hair and the show too. Maybe she plays a Queen or planetary leader. That would fit with her not necessarily appearing in every episode. Don't I remember the report being that she'd appear in "some" of the episodes?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      I was thinking about the hair and the show too.
      This has nothing to do with anything, but I noticed at AT2 that she had some striking copper lowlights in her hair too, and they were verra purdy.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Wow our whole city got a SNOW DAY!!!!

I guess that leaves everyone stuck at home a chance to watch their SG1 tapes/DVD's
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          Wow our whole city got a SNOW DAY!!!!

I guess that leaves everyone stuck at home a chance to watch their SG1 tapes/DVD's
          Lucky you! We're all still at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
            Oh my gosh... that reminds me of this blurb I read on the Quantum Leap Wikipedia entry:
            "The Sci-Fi Channel was projected to begin airing a sequel, supposedly called A Bold Leap Forward, sometime in 2006. However, the project appears to have suffered various setbacks, and it currently remains in development. When asked by fans in a Q&A interview with the BBC in September 2006 if there were any plans to resurrect the show in the form of a new series or movie, series star Scott Bakula replied "None that I know of."

Makes you wonder about Amanda's secret project, though, doesn't it?
            Oh, I love it! I can see the credits now.

A Bold Leap Forward
            Starring Amanda Tapping
            Teryl Rothery
            Insert Unknown Actor Here
            And Special Guest Star Scott Bakula
            Written by Christopher Judge
            Directed by Amanda Tapping
            Executive Producer Amanda Tapping

[/size]

Hey, a girl can dream right? Just a thought, but wouldn't it be fun to see Amanda and Scott in a scene together? I think they would play off of each other very well.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
              Lucky you! We're all still at work.
              LOL it's funny becuase the news said that even if you made it into work there would be no place to park! 2 feet fell, but the accumulation on the ground was more Just think how can you drive when the snow is upto your bumper
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I was on IMDB (internet movie database) this morning and I popped over to Amanda's record to check a link. Just for curiosity I went to the bottom of the page where people can "post" things and there's one called "Amanda = My Love" (so I laughed) and read it. And in that thread, there's a few people mentioning how they're hoping to see more of her acting on other series(es), but there's also some numpty going off about how much he hates "her character" (whatever that means - I'll assume he means Sam Carter). And all I can think is... How deprived of a life personal happiness does a person have to BE before they start trolling the internet looking for new and as-yet untarnished places in to spew their bile? Good lord. There are days I really have to sit back and remind myself what a beautiful thing Freedom of Speech can be when weilded with intelligence, because otherwise I'd have to agree with G. B. Shaw - some people out there really should have to stand up in front of a panel and justify their existence every few years on pain of liquidation.
                Last edited by minigeek; 08 December 2006, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Anyway, on a more positive note. Captionary anyone?

Comment

Jack: Come on Thor, I know you can do it.
                    Thor: I don't think I can O'Neill.
                    Sam: Come on Sir, don't you think it's asking too much, to have Thor name the next Asgrard ship the Enterprise.
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

This has nothing to do with anything, but I noticed at AT2 that she had some striking copper lowlights in her hair too, and they were verra purdy.
                      Indeed. Here's another picture from Avalon...

click for bigger
                      sigpic

Comment

Sam: I dunno sir, i'm not seeing the resemblance
                        Jack: You might be right Carter. Thor, who IS your daddy????
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Midway through the first rehersal of the SGC's annual Nativity play, Jack began to doubt whether Thor was really the best choice to play Baby Jesus.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                            Midway through the first rehersal of the SGC's annual Nativity play, Jack began to doubt whether Thor was really the best choice to play Baby Jesus.
                            ROTFL.

It looks a bit like Thor's had a nasty sledding accident.

Comment

and maybe a wee bit of frost bite
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sam: I'm sorry sir, I didn't quite catch what he said before he passed out.

O'Neill: I could have sworn I heard him say 'O-neill. I. am. YOUR. fa-ther.'

Comment

Working...
                                X