No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if Amanda mentioned this, but she has a connection to Paul Haggis, he created, wrote (not sure if her produced) Due South which Amanda guest starred in

oh and he's from my home town
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
      Just on the question about "Karmaglue". It made me smile a lot. The Camargue (in French it is pronounced with a short 'a' like the one in Kat) is a region in the South of France. It is famous for its flamingos, bulls and white horses. How do I know? I used to live twenty minutes north of the region and often went down to ride the horses (and once even the bulls!).

And yes, Amanda did really take to Kat and also to ChopinGal.
      Laugh, it amazes me that so many people seem to think Amanda's taken a liking to me or even remembers who I am. Seriously, with as many people as she meets during the weekend, I'm sure there are many people there who were far more interesting than I. Personally, I just think she was
      really missing Olivia and I was just lucky enough to have mentioned Kallesta with her.

But let's just say by some infinitesimally small chance you are all correct, I'd just like to say "Amanda anytime you feel like chatting about children, gymboree, homeschooling or gardening, my MSN is always open and my name is the same as on here or you can just send me an email and we'll do lunch."

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        Hey, leave poor Strix alone, can't you see she's having a hard time

*uses a fan to cool off strix*

Here Strix, this should help

Spoiler:
        Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
        *dies in gutter*
        Originally posted by scarimor View Post
        *scari succumbs... *

Oh what have I done *uses sky's dramatic hand to forehead pose*

Samandans are dropping left and right

I think I better try to remedy the situation, here try this
        Spoiler:
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
          that's ok. as the token canadian in our group there, my ACCENT got poked fun at, too. Of course I also did some poking (fun, you gutter dwellers, fun!), I think I ribbed TJ and Ambermoon a good bit. And maybe Scari also, I can't recall. And Spazzy had the good grace to point out every single bloody time I said EH, eh?

There was actually a lovely young lady from Belgium (I think?) that I met on the last morning, whose accent was closer to mine than Ambermoon's! (Oh and Mandy, Spazzy thought FRENCH was the primary language in Canada. I'm dead serious. ).
          Laugh, I seem to recall Mini asking Amanda if she could guess where she was from by her accent and Amanda got a strange look on her face and then preceeded to make multiple guesses. I think my whispering out the side of my mouth might have helped to clue her into the answer. hehe

Obviously MG accent had been bas@rdized by hanging out with so many Yanks all weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
            Laugh, I seem to recall Mini asking Amanda if she could guess where she was from by her accent and Amanda got a strange look on her face and then preceeded to make multiple guesses. I think my whispering out the side of my mouth might have helped to clue her into the answer. hehe

Obviously MG accent had been bas@rdized by hanging out with so many Yanks all weekend.
            Yes! But I think the last couple of guesses were just to tease me. I don't think she really meant OH-HIII-OHHH. I grew up in west Toronto, and she grew up in east Toronto, apparently, but that was funny. So was having the entire table (including Amanda) disagree (LOUDLY!) with me that Roger Moore was a better Bond than Sean Connery. I do adore Sean Connery but I still enjoyed Moore better as Bond!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post

Well if Mini had used the word Scarberia, Amanda would have known right off the bat
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Well if Mini had used the word Scarberia, Amanda would have known right off the bat
                Hi, I'm from Scarlem. ( 2 ) And you are?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Oh what have I done *uses sky's dramatic hand to forehead pose*

Samandans are dropping left and right

I think I better try to remedy the situation, here try this
                  Spoiler:
                  Wow that pic, I think I need to join the gutter again *move over Scari*
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                    Hi, I'm from Scarlem. ( 2 ) And you are?
                    It may be Scarlem now, but it used to be Scarberia
                    (I believe Mike Myers was from Scarberia )
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
                      Oh, too bad she didn't. We discussed that film for one of our office's 'Diversity bookclub' meetings. There was much debate about whether the sexism in characterisation was intentional (like, ironic) or accidental (and, thus, a fascinating contrast to the handling of the topic of racism).
                      Oh! Hmmm. That's definitely something to think about.

Crash stuff...
                      Spoiler:
                      Are you talking about Sandra Bullock, Thandie Newton and Jennifer Esposito's character, as well as the character who was Brendan Fraser's aide?

I'd never thought of that element before. I'd hope it was intentional, because I think you should be able to address one without completely ignoring (or in this case, perpetuating) the other. There's been too much of that in history already.

ETA: BTW, I wonder if she might've stopped herself out of respect for people who don't really dig the overtly "political" or even philosophical discussions. It's obviously a touchy subject.

Comment

hey, i knew as an american, some would 'hate' me as soon as i opened my mouth since i know americans are not popular round the world.

then i sucked it up and figured they could get over it

now if you want blank stares, wait until i break into my harsh kansas twang.

it's so thick that i was getting the oddest noncomprehensive looks from folks
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'd love to see Amanda on E.R.!!!! I do agree that besides Sam Carter, Abbie is the strongest female character on t.v. Seeing them together would be very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                            I'd love to see Amanda on E.R.!!!! I do agree that besides Sam Carter, Abbie is the strongest female character on t.v. Seeing them together would be very cool.
                            Abby's just so spunky!

We did a sort of TV wishlist here before, but I think it was before so many people joined us. I think ER, CSI, L&O: SVU, LOST and a few others made the cut. What else could you see her in?

I could see her in something by Tina Fey. She writes some really smart, understated (and underrated) comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                              Crash stuff...
                              Spoiler:
                              Are you talking about Sandra Bullock, Thandie Newton and Jennifer Esposito's characters, as well as the character who was Brendan Fraser's aide?
                              Yup, the whole lot of them. Nona Gaye's and William Fichtner's characters were the ones who touched things off.
                              Spoiler:
                              Come to find out, Nona Gaye's Karen originally was supposed to do the "affirmative action" scene with Don Cheadle's character. Instead, she ended up standing around ... looking pretty, I guess.

I'd never thought of that element before. I'd hope it was intentional, because I think you should be able to address one without completely ignoring (or in this case, perpetuating) the other. There's been too much of that in history already.
                              Ayuh.

Comment

i'm not sure if this has been posted, but...

http://gabitevents.co.uk/galleryAT2.html

i had to refresh the page a few times before the pictures showed up, (and some still aren't, but I'm sure they will soon), but they've got more pics of Amanda with the hearing dogs! They're so cute!

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
                                My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
                                My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
                                My Stargate Videos
                                It's meant to be!

Comment

Working...
                                X