Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
    (best Ralph Wiggum voice)

Mommy, her spoon full of sugar tastes funny......
    Ralphie! So many good Simpsons characters.

"Me fail English? That's unpossible."

/Bites into Tomacco (Tomato/Tobacco hybrid)
    "Daddy, this tastes like Grandma."

And my favorite....
    "Pop music is hard work."

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
      As long as they don't roast any penguins!!

*small voice* Is there any chance of not roasting turkeys either?

Happy holidays everyone!
      And Happy Bappy Poz!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
        See I'm not sure about what a host can do. She couldn't stop Jolinar from doing/saying things otherwise she wouldn't have threatened to kill Cassie...but then the fact that Jolinar DID threaten to kill Cassie, or the fact that she went to see Cassie AT ALL suggests that Sam did keep information from her somehow. Why? Because Jolinar would not have come within a country mile of Cassie had she been aware that she had naqadah in her system because she KNEW that would blow her cover. And yet she did.

Then we get to the whole "threatening to kill her" thing. If she really knew Cassie from Sam's memories, she would know that this was unnecessary.

If she knew everything Sam knew, she would have trusted Hammond and her team more readily, knowing they were potential allies with a common cause.
        Sorry Oobs, but I totally disagree with you here because it was Jolinar dying that gave Sam the ability to sense a gou'ald. So how would she or Jolinar be able to know that Cassie could sense Jolinar? I don't think a Gou'ald or Tok'ra have immediate access to their hosts memories. I think it takes time to work their way through all the information and if the host is fighting them along the way then that would make things even more difficult.

One thing I've always wondered though was why Teal'c never seemed to sense Jolinar in the gateroom or the briefing room scene. I always thought Jaffa could senes a gou'ald, but maybe my memory is going faster than I thought.

Happy Birthday Poz and Happy T-Day to everyone in the states. Hopefully I'll get down to Bristol in time to have dinner with a few Gwer's tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
          Arses!
          I think I recognize some of those..... faces
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            I thought you would!

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy View Post
              Ralphie! So many good Simpsons characters.

"Me fail English? That's unpossible."

/Bites into Tomacco (Tomato/Tobacco hybrid)
              "Daddy, this tastes like Grandma."

And my favorite....
              "Pop music is hard work."
              LoL, Amanda talked about Ralphie at AT2...

The only two quotes I can remember are Meow and Tastes like burning..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaGFPdP0-ug

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post

Stay! If you weren't here, sally, who would have kicked me to write Baal & Sam-whump?
                oh, i'm staying. just like i stayed when the shipper thread became a chat room (one time).

i said this to a shipper yesterday, but i've actually thought about starting a sam appreciation thread for s/j shippers. there, i could squee about sam *and* sam in s/j, but not have to defend either one. but... i'm not going to.

i think my problem is that i actually see the sam/jack storyline as a love story. i don't think the ppl making the show do. it gets VERY frustrating, especially when i think about how much time and love i've put into this fictional relationship, only to end up... despondent. because they just won't take it to a normal and natural conclusion and let these two ppl get together. well, it's a normal and natural conclusion to *me*, but i'm seeing that love story thing.

as for sam on atlantis... while i think rob cooper dismantled sg1 when he took over, i think brad wright never constructed it properly to begin with. all i hear is mckay is the only one that gets time and storylines, and that the women are just 'there'.

regarding amanda's views on s/j ship... there's been times when i've been upset and discouraged by them, but i've *finally* come to terms with things and just decided to let things go. i might not like or agree with her views on ship, but she's allowed to have them and voice them like i'm allowed to. i also know that there's things i 'don't' know about (behind the scenes) that are prob influencing things even more. suffice it to say, i might not agree with everything my mom says and does, but i still love her and support her right to have her own mind and opinions. how could i ask anything less of another loved one (which amanda is to me)?

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey View Post
                  *small voice* Is there any chance of not roasting turkeys either?

Happy holidays everyone!
                  Not on Sam's watch ...

"For godsake, Sam, stop shooting the turkeys!!"

Comment

ChopinGal, can't green you but I laughed. Watch out turkeys!
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                      LOL!

Happy Birthday
                      SG1POZ
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                        Sorry Oobs, but I totally disagree with you here because it was Jolinar dying that gave Sam the ability to sense a gou'ald. So how would she or Jolinar be able to know that Cassie could sense Jolinar? I don't think a Gou'ald or Tok'ra have immediate access to their hosts memories. I think it takes time to work their way through all the information and if the host is fighting them along the way then that would make things even more difficult.

One thing I've always wondered though was why Teal'c never seemed to sense Jolinar in the gateroom or the briefing room scene. I always thought Jaffa could senes a gou'ald, but maybe my memory is going faster than I thought.

Happy Birthday Poz and Happy T-Day to everyone in the states. Hopefully I'll get down to Bristol in time to have dinner with a few Gwer's tonight.
                        Because Sam knew that Cassie had naqadah in her system. Jolinar, being a symbiote, knows she can sense the presence of naqadah in others and would have known to avoid Cassie.

Sam acquired those abilities because of Jolinar dying and leaving the naqadah in her system...but Jolinar had those abilities already. Hence, if she had known Cassie had naqadah in her system, she would have avoided her. Why didn't she know about the naqadah since Sam knew?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Not on Sam's watch ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...aminAction.jpg

"For godsake, Sam, stop shooting the turkeys!!"
                          But we need to feed all those Samandans!
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Jack: "Do they know what they're doing?"
                            Teal'c: "It seems as if they have set up some type of command center."
                            Sam: "Sir, they are quite an advanced race."
                            Jack: "If that's so, how come the one in the back doesn't know how to keep track of her credit card?"
                            Sam: "With all due respect, she was spending money for some good causes, puppy dogs and whales."
                            Teal'c: "Indeed, but the replica of the bear adorned with an air-force uniform seemed a bit frivolous."
                            Jack: "Ya think?"
                            Sam: "Personally, I thought it was her best buy."

Last edited by TameFarrar; 22 November 2006, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                              I'm totally the same way. I've fought my fears of heights since I was a child and everyone's told me that if you face your fears they will eventually go away, but I have yet to have that happen. I was so freightened by heights, especially bridges, that I'd have panic attacks every time I went over one. I just remember crying uncontrollably and experiencing vertigo, like Amanda mentioned, every time I I went over one. I purposely chose a university in Salem, Oregon, because I knew it would require me to drive over the bridges in Portland nearly every weekend to visit my friends and family in Seattle. I had hoped it would help to lessen my phobias and while it did eventually get easier, they never completely went away. I know for me, just looking down at the Stargate was hard when I visited the set last March.

i knew i had probs with heights when i went to sixth grade camp and had to travel up to the mountains on a bus, but... it was years later, when my family and i were traveling up the california coast... there's a section of road that's 60 miles of on-the-side-of-the-cliff driving that's twisty turny and no guard rails and no lights at night and PANIC ATTACK HERE I COME!... suffice it to say, the first time i traveled the route, i was so stressed out that i started my period early. and had left permanent finger prints in the arm rests of the front passenger seat. i've even had vertigo probs for a short bit after these events (i've traveled that route more than once). and guess where we went? san francisco, bridge city of the usa! (the golden gate wasn't too bad, but the oakland bay bridge... *whimpers*)

okay, enough OT from me.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

It's going to take a while to get through these posts I've missed!

Thank all of you for the birthday wishes and green. Yesteray was last I could say I was 40 something! Ahh yet I'm still 30 something in my heart
                                Speaking of turkeys and birthdays, I am a turkey baby Born not only on Turkey day but unfortunately, JFK's assasination. Go Figure.

Off to try and catch up before the timer goes off for the pumpkin pies to be hopefully done!

Comment

Working...
                                X