Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post

I'm thinking that, by now, Amanda is really missing Olivia and home and hearth. She's a real trooper for sticking it out for the two weekends of appearances. It's a big transition for her personally as a still-new momma, first lengthy separation. She said that she was crying on the plane ride over as she thumbed through her brag book ... the steward asked what was wrong ... she ordered wine.
    LOL
    "No, god, put that dinky little cup away. Just give me the bottle, dammit!"

I met another lady at AT2 from eastern europe who was on her first "big away" too (Scari's great term for it ... "first big away".....i love the term ). She said she was going up on breaks between sessions to call her husband and talk to her daughter several times every day. And to think, in a way, both she and Amanda were on their first "big away" to see each other (in a way!). Karma, I tell ya.

Kat's adorable little one is the reason we actually got to see that brag book during the cocktail party. She (Kat) and Amanda shared a very sweet mommy-moment since Kat was wearing a couple of photos on her con-badge ..... and suddenly Julia was called over with Amanda's purse and "the brag book". To see all of those pictures of Olivia was very special, because it was something personal Amanda did not have to share with us, but she chose to anyway. I really felt touched by that.

mg
    Last edited by minigeek; 22 November 2006, 01:47 PM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I think Sam did get out and desperately shouted "Jack, don't leave me" for sure but then Jolinar saw that he wouldn't even let himself be moved by this plea and she resumed control and wondered "what will it take" to convince the humans to allow her through the Gate ...
      I think that now too. For a while I thought, "That's not Sam, she wouldn't call him 'Jack'", but having watched it a few more times I think it's Sam - from the way her break-out starts. And I want it to be Sam. I love that angst. Then Jolinar takes control again with the "What will it take?"

I'm thinking that, by now, Amanda is really missing Olivia and home and hearth. She's a real trooper for sticking it out for the two weekends of appearances. It's a big transition for her personally as a still-new momma, first lengthy separation. She said that she was crying on the plane ride over as she thumbed through her brag book ... the steward asked what was wrong ... she ordered wine.
      Oh lord yes - it's her first Big Away. The first Big Away hurts But when you go home and see the little one, it's like having them all over again .... (but without the pain and swearing ).

Go AT!
      Last edited by scarimor; 22 November 2006, 01:48 PM.
      scarimor

Comment

Sam/Jack droolz, Sam/Janet rulez

btw, did anyone ask about any Sam/Vala interaction?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
          Sam/Jack droolz, Sam/Janet rulez

btw, did anyone ask about any Sam/Vala interaction?
          Huh?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
            But see, like I said before, I think Sam desperately fought Jolinar not knowing she was an ally...and Jolinar wasn't able to access all that she needed to know about the SGC. I think had she been able to, she would have trusted the others more readily and known they were friends and allies against the Goa'uld. And like I said, she also didn't fully understand the relationship between Jack and Sam and didn't consider the fact that Sam would not have addressed him by his first name like that.
            Can she? I don't recall anyoen ever managing to stop a Goa'uld from doing/ knowing aything. Motivate, yes. Challenge, definitely. But nto stop. Even Skaara's affect of Klorel was temporary, and Klorel might not have been completely covering up his incompetence when he said it might have somethig to do with him being recently deceased....

Other than that, gerat post. I also have to agre witht eh point in earlier post- I think it was Jolinar, not Sam, who called out for Jack. Another sign for me is that that specific "Jack", rather than "Colonel" she uses - it sounds a bit manipulative, doesn't it? Soemthing Jolinar would do to try and appeal more to Jack, rather than teh way Sam woudl actually behave, even in such circumstances.
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

OH MAN!

Someone has to ask her at Avalon what this was about:

!!!
              IIRC...they were shooting a scene from 200th and she was making fun of one of the guys...they way he was running...I'm pretty sure I saw that in an interview or something a while back...
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                I think that now too. For a while I thought, "That's not Sam, she wouldn't call him 'Jack'", but having watched it a few more times I think it's Sam - from the way her break-out starts. And I want it to be Sam. I love that angst. Then Jolinar takes control again with the "What will it take?"
                Yep! Sounds right to me.

Comment

I think Sam did get out and desperately shouted "Jack, don't leave me" for sure but then Jolinar saw that he wouldn't even let himself be moved by this plea and she resumed control and wondered "what will it take" to convince the humans to allow her through the Gate ... it's the facial change of emotion that leads me to that conclusion. If Sam were still in control, I think the look and tone of her saying "what will it take" would have been more desperate, more vulnerable.

My tuppance. Or tuppence. Or tupperware or whatever. Lordy, I went back to work today ... what a downer after such a weekend high. Miss all you guys already!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY TURKEY DAY TOMORROW TO THOSE WHO CELEBRATE ...
                  LOL...the cure for all that ails you...wine...and lots of it!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Jack: "I don't care where they're from ... no one should have given them access to the Gate room."
                    Sam: "Sir, with all due respect, they're from Samanda and some of the friendliest folks I've ever met."
                    Daniel: "Well, we've never had such a send-off before ...."
                    Teal'c: "Indeed. 'Tis a shame that they cannot venture forth with us."

Jack: "FCOL, someone's got to keep the home fires burning."
                    Sam: "Rumor has it they lit up London last weekend."
                    Last edited by ChopinGal; 22 November 2006, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                      Can she? I don't recall anyoen ever managing to stop a Goa'uld from doing/ knowing aything. Motivate, yes. Challenge, definitely. But nto stop. Even Skaara's affect of Klorel was temporary, and Klorel might not have been completely covering up his incompetence when he said it might have somethig to do with him being recently deceased....

Other than that, gerat post. I also have to agre witht eh point in earlier post- I think it was Jolinar, not Sam, who called out for Jack. Another sign for me is that that specific "Jack", rather than "Colonel" she uses - it sounds a bit manipulative, doesn't it? Soemthing Jolinar would do to try and appeal more to Jack, rather than teh way Sam woudl actually behave, even in such circumstances.
                      See I'm not sure about what a host can do. She couldn't stop Jolinar from doing/saying things otherwise she wouldn't have threatened to kill Cassie...but then the fact that Jolinar DID threaten to kill Cassie, or the fact that she went to see Cassie AT ALL suggests that Sam did keep information from her somehow. Why? Because Jolinar would not have come within a country mile of Cassie had she been aware that she had naqadah in her system because she KNEW that would blow her cover. And yet she did.

Then we get to the whole "threatening to kill her" thing. If she really knew Cassie from Sam's memories, she would know that this was unnecessary.

If she knew everything Sam knew, she would have trusted Hammond and her team more readily, knowing they were potential allies with a common cause.
                      Last edited by Uber; 22 November 2006, 02:20 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

happy turkey day
                        sigpic
                        Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                          Oh lord yes - it's her first Big Away. The first Big Away hurts But when you go home and see the little one, it's like having them all over again .... (but without the pain and swearing ).

Go AT!
                          Yep, that's about right! Hurts like crazy then great to see them again!

Happy Birthday Poz!
                          Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate!
                          Loved the great posts here this week! This has been a wonderful place to be! Thanks again Gabiteers!

Comment

happy bday poz
                            sigpic
                            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                              LOL
                              "No, god, put that dinky little cup away. Just give me the bottle, dammit!"

I met another lady at AT2 from eastern europe who was on her first "big away" too (Scari's great term for it ... "first big away".....i love the term ). She said she was going up on breaks between sessions to call her husband and talk to her daughter several times every day. And to think, in a way, both she and Amanda were on their first "big away" to see each other (in a way!). Karma, I tell ya.

Kat's adorable little one is the reason we actually got to see that brag book during the cocktail party. She (Kat) and Amanda shared a very sweet mommy-moment since Kat was wearing a couple of photos on her con-badge ..... and suddenly Julia was called over with Amanda's purse and "the brag book". To see all of those pictures of Olivia was very special, because it was something personal Amanda did not have to share with us, but she chose to anyway. I really felt touched by that.

mg

Which just goes to show again how real and genuine Amanda is. Nothing pretentious. She stays in the moment with each and every fan and makes them feel so special. A rare gift. Sharing the brag book with your table was such a generous thing to do! She let you in, gave you a glimpse of her personal life. Lovely!

Comment

OH MAN!

Someone has to ask her at Avalon what this was about:

!!!

Rarely do I squee...but when I received that lovely little animation from OOOOOOOoooooobbbber many moons ago...I do believe a tiny squee issued forth before I was LMAO!

That thing always makes me smile.

Ok...you all will think I'm crazy (well those of you who don't already think that) but recently I've been catching the show "Reba" on Lifetime (patience, this does tie into what this thread is about) and it's hit me repeatedly...

Reba and Amanda have very similar qualities and they're both unafraid to be goofy!
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X