No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are some slides I made for the S/J shippers I thought ya'll might like:

Comment

They are all awesome! Thanks for posting them! The "shades of Sam" or "Many faces of..." works very well, especially given Amanda's wide range of facial expressions. Not to mention the various characters: Captain Carter, Major Carter, Colonel Carter, Dr Carter, Fireman Sam, Replicarter, Geek!Sam, Black!Sam..... loads and loads I love playing with dress!up Sam: fuzzy hat sam and so on.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
        Hey Samandans...I know this may be off topic but I just wanted to let you know how my very first con went tonight...so I thought I'd just post what I had posted in S/J Ship thread if that's ok!!
        Spoiler:

Tony Amendola was lovely...very sweet...and funny...in one of the photos we had done with Tony I made a comment that the camera guy needed us to move more to the front and closer coz we...or rather I...was too short...so he got down on his knees and posed with us that way...it was so cool!!
        Then with Rachel Lutrell...she was so cute...she was quite quiet...she was not feeling the best but was an absolute trooper...none the less she was fun to be with...she and Niki hit it off...they talked about dancing...Niki and Rachel both dance ballet...so Niki was in seventh heaven...and Rachel and her little sister Erika sang a beautiful song for us...totally awesome!!
        David Nykl is an absolute cracker...and embarrassed me in front of everyone...I simply asked if he ever lurked in GW...and he came back with some question to me which had me blushing bright red...I can't remember exactly what he asked or said to me but it had everyone laughing...me included of course!!
        I couldn't believe how relaxed I was once I had met them...I mean I was asking questions and all without a care...it was so fantastic!!
        Then we all had dinner together...that was great...we were able to chat with all the guests freely...it was so relaxed and intimate...I can't wait for the next one...DSD comes out next April...I'm so there!!
        I could go on for ever talking about the con...but I only managed 3 hours sleep last night...so I'm gonna hit the hay...
        Oh yeah...all the other fans I met were absolutely great...and the event organisers were super...it's something I will never ever forget.!
        I can't wait to meet Amanda one day...I'm not so nervous anymore...feeling like I can do anything right now...it's very empowering!!
        Oh yeah...when we were chatting after dinner I got text message from one of my nuff nuff friends....so I called her to tell her I was having fun and then in the spur of the moment I handed my mobile phone to Rachel and she chatted to my buddy...it was so totally wicked!!

Well there you go folks...my first con and it was a hoot...I think I may be hooked now...and I can't tell you how many times I mentioned GW to the guests and everyone else there...I hope some of them come over to visit!
        Anyhoo...gotta go to bed...godd night everyone...take care and be safe!
        Sounds like you had a blast. Thanks for sharing your experience.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
          But if she had done that, it would be obvious that the piece had set out to bash Sam from Moment One and that the author had a clear bias against the character that bled into their work.

Using your work - shouldn't that be copyrighted to you, by the way? - allowed the author to hint to anyone in the fandom who knew of your work that Sam was such a horrible, self-absorbed character that even you, her fan, knew how nasty she was... deep, deep, deep, deep, deep down.

As a matter of curiousity, is the Sam-bashing in fic mostly from slash stories, or are there other categories?
          like she said when she contacted me, it's posted on the net. it's not private.

she was gonna use it with or without my permission

and no, not all the bashers are slashers. far from it.

some of the more vocal ones do also like slash, but that's the only connection
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm getting excited about GABIT and I'm not even going! You guys are all so generous with sharing reports and passing along the Samanda love that I feel kind of connected to the event too.

As for roles we'd like to see AT take. I'd be happy to see her as the lead in just about anything. I'd like to see her act with RDA b/c I think they play off of each other well. And it would be fun to see her in a project with Chris Judge too--where he plays something completely different from Teal'c. Maybe they could be cop partners in some kind of crime movie.
            Since a lot of the movies we get on Lifetime seem to be made in Vancouver, AT would do great in that Lifetime staple--the Amnesia Movie. I'm a sucker for those.

Comment

Amanda at the Geminis last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                i think that's the book that took one ofmy fic and twisted it a bit. IIRC, they held it up as an example of, oh i think sam being bad or weak or something. cant recall the details
                Well, yeah I'd say so. I think that one just showed her as human. As your fic tends to. With all the ones you've written showing Sam as a very strong person, they pick one where she's exhausted and feeling down as representative?

Comment

she chose it cause it could be tweaked to say what she wanted to say

I'd challenge her to do the same with the 300+ others
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                    Yowza.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      I'm getting excited about GABIT and I'm not even going! You guys are all so generous with sharing reports and passing along the Samanda love that I feel kind of connected to the event too.

As for roles we'd like to see AT take. I'd be happy to see her as the lead in just about anything. I'd like to see her act with RDA b/c I think they play off of each other well. And it would be fun to see her in a project with Chris Judge too--where he plays something completely different from Teal'c. Maybe they could be cop partners in some kind of crime movie.
                      Since a lot of the movies we get on Lifetime seem to be made in Vancouver, AT would do great in that Lifetime staple--the Amnesia Movie. I'm a sucker for those.
                      I too am excited about GABIT & Avalon and I'm not going either!! I was telling someone else I'll just have to live vicariously through all those lucky fans that are going and who are kind enough to report back.

I would also like to see AT and RDA in a movie together. I don't think RDA is completely retired. I could see him doing a few movies with AT. Also I think I woud like to CJ and AT working together in a comedy, both in leading roles.

Comment

AT is letting her hair grow out, she looks like she has a tan, and so skinny a year after giving birth to a 9lb baby through natural child birth (can you tell I'm still in aw over that bravery ). She looks great. With another project coming out next year hopefully details will come in February. She gets to spend time with her precious daughter. I would say life after Stargate is going well for AT! I am excited for AT and her family!

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                          Hey Samandans...I know this may be off topic but I just wanted to let you know how my very first con went tonight...so I thought I'd just post what I had posted in S/J Ship thread if that's ok!!
                          Spoiler:

Tony Amendola was lovely...very sweet...and funny...in one of the photos we had done with Tony I made a comment that the camera guy needed us to move more to the front and closer coz we...or rather I...was too short...so he got down on his knees and posed with us that way...it was so cool!!
                          Then with Rachel Lutrell...she was so cute...she was quite quiet...she was not feeling the best but was an absolute trooper...none the less she was fun to be with...she and Niki hit it off...they talked about dancing...Niki and Rachel both dance ballet...so Niki was in seventh heaven...and Rachel and her little sister Erika sang a beautiful song for us...totally awesome!!
                          David Nykl is an absolute cracker...and embarrassed me in front of everyone...I simply asked if he ever lurked in GW...and he came back with some question to me which had me blushing bright red...I can't remember exactly what he asked or said to me but it had everyone laughing...me included of course!!
                          I couldn't believe how relaxed I was once I had met them...I mean I was asking questions and all without a care...it was so fantastic!!
                          Then we all had dinner together...that was great...we were able to chat with all the guests freely...it was so relaxed and intimate...I can't wait for the next one...DSD comes out next April...I'm so there!!
                          I could go on for ever talking about the con...but I only managed 3 hours sleep last night...so I'm gonna hit the hay...
                          Oh yeah...all the other fans I met were absolutely great...and the event organisers were super...it's something I will never ever forget.!
                          I can't wait to meet Amanda one day...I'm not so nervous anymore...feeling like I can do anything right now...it's very empowering!!
                          Oh yeah...when we were chatting after dinner I got text message from one of my nuff nuff friends....so I called her to tell her I was having fun and then in the spur of the moment I handed my mobile phone to Rachel and she chatted to my buddy...it was so totally wicked!!

Well there you go folks...my first con and it was a hoot...I think I may be hooked now...and I can't tell you how many times I mentioned GW to the guests and everyone else there...I hope some of them come over to visit!
                          Anyhoo...gotta go to bed...godd night everyone...take care and be safe!

Wow! It sounds like you had a great time. So glad you had a great experience. THanks for sharing news about the con!!

Comment

I have a serious weak spot for LongHair!Amanda. Seriously, if she comes to Gabit with hair/tan/cheeky smile like that, I'm gonna need a volunteer for drool duty.
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                              Yowza.
                              Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                              I have a serious weak spot for LongHair!Amanda. Seriously, if she comes to Gabit with hair/tan/cheeky smile like that, I'm gonna need a volunteer for drool duty.
                              I so totally agree...she really looks gorgious with that hair... And the tan yeah awsome...and the dress...ok I really need something cause I am drooling over my keyboard here atm...
                              She really is awsome eh...Oh I am so in the right fandom
                              Not only does she looks great but she is also an awsome woman!!!

Comment

WOW, That picture of Amanda looks fantabo. ( A word I just made up. )

AT is glowing from the tan and her inner-beauty. I love the long hair and the dress. Classy and Classic.

Comment

Working...
                                X