Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suse View Post
    Wow Mandy! You have 2.5 inches on me! You are tall(er) too!!

My housemate is 5'10" . Neither one of us can find pantstrousers that fit properly. Every once in a while I'm thinking, "Geez, she's tall!"

Suse
    I'm 5' 0''. I think I'm going to have to wear heels to Avalon or I'll look like a hobbit next to the Elf King and Queen in the pictures...
    sigpic
    Women of the Gate LJ Community.
    My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      i was at work and thinking about sam. then this question(s) came to mind...

a - what character traits do i/you share with sam?

b - what character traits do you 'wish' you shared with sam?

answering a-
      i think sam has a bit of a need-to-please factor going on with her, which is something i can relate to. i especially feel this with ppl of authority. sam also is a dove and hawk, when it comes to seeing things through a pov. i feel i do this too. i'm also very loyal to family/friends.

answering b-
      i wish i were that smart. and that goal orientated. i mostly wish, though... that i looked like her.

what about you guys?

sally
      Wow...that's tuff...had to think for a bit...strained the old brain...let me see...

Traits I share with Sam...we're both loyal and dedicated to our family and friends...both committed to our jobs...both enjoy our jobs...we both like motorbikes and we both want to go into space (even though Sam's already been there, done that! D'oH)!

Traits I wish to share with Sam...definitely her smarts...she's a genius FCOL...I would love to be that smart...and as strong as she is too! And her confidence (I'm working on it!!)!!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        Geez, you guys are terrible, Sam is 5'9'', I'm 5'1'' now do the math
        SHEESH
        And everyone picks on me for being a shorty...I'm 5'3" and a bit...nearly 5'4"...but I'm not short...everyone else is just too tall!!!
        I like my height just the way it is!!
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Night all...take care and be safe...have a great weekend!!
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
            And everyone picks on me for being a shorty...I'm 5'3" and a bit...nearly 5'4"...but I'm not short...everyone else is just too tall!!!
            I like my height just the way it is!!
            The average American woman is 5'4". 5'3" is not short. *repeats to self...I am not short!* The ironic thing is that if I buy petite length trousers, the legs are too long. *I am not short!*

I loved the mid-calf capri-length pants that were in this past summer. I bought two pairs of pants that I didn't have to have hemmed.

Did anyone else appreciate how in Mandy's Hathor picture, Sam is literally a head taller than the other three women? I had a friend in high school who couldn't join the Air Force because she was only 4'11". Bah!

*mutters to self...I am not short. I am not short. I am not short....*
            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
              I had a friend in high school who couldn't join the Air Force because she was only 4'11". Bah!
              She couldn't join the Air Force period or she couldn't become a pilot? You need to be within a certain hight range to be a pilot, otherwise you're gonna be in some trouble in the cockpit , but I wouldn't have thought they'd be turning away recruits for other duties because they're too short...

Comment

Well I am one of those short people then eh... I am only 5'4"

Ok Sally I gave your questions a thought...I slept on it a bit lol

1)What do I have in common with Sam
                *I love to learn...I think that is one of the best things there is in life...to learn new things...and I think we all keep learning...
                *I also explain a lot to other people...if you ever talk to me in RL you will notice that...I explain how things happens and why things doesn't happen...
                *I tend to fall in love with the wrong guys...and be honest so does Sam eh I maen remember Jonas Hanson, Pete,... I also am afraid of ending up alone...So I tend to bind myself with people I actually doesn't really love...but mostly like...never worked out of course...
                *I love being on myself...just doing the things I love...and IMO Sam aslo does that...She will rather work on something like a Naquadah reactor than going fishing with Jack...Same here...not the naquadah reactor of course

2)What do I want in common with Sam...
                *Ok what a question is that?!? I mean everything lol
                *I wished I was that smart as her
                *I wished I dared as much as she does...ok she is also afraid of thing but she does a lot more thing than I dare...
                *I wished I looked as good as her and as tall as her
                *I wished I had the friends she has...I mean who doesn't want Janet, Jack, Teal'c, Daniel, Jonas, Hammond,... as friends...I know I do
                *I wished I could make a souflee (sp?)
                *I wished I was as diplomatic as her...I tend to say first, think later...bad habbit of me...

I think that is it for now...although I could probably come up with more lol

Comment

nice post repli...will make one too, but for now something quick:

just - finally - found a vid with BJ music in the background! I'll Be There For You!! WOHOO! http://stargatesg1.com/MediaPlayer.a...ntItemID=39097

Does anyone know a vid using Always from BJ (means Bon Jovi und 'fanshortforms')?

Mick.

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

Been a-iconing again, mostly from Off the Grid and Ripple Effect:

(I've diligently placed the Sam/Cams in that thread because, well, I don't want to make anyone here cry )

all free for Sam-lovers to snag or snurch
                    Last edited by scarimor; 21 October 2006, 11:59 PM.
                    scarimor

Comment

::waves::

Work has been extremely busy, and I had a rocking case of bronchitus so I've been very scarce for a few weeks.

There's no way I'm going to catch up with posts, so I'm not even going to try. If there is anything earth-shattering I should know, someone PM me, please?

Comment

College has been consuming my life yet again... I'm barely keeping up with my stargatesg1.com page...

But... *drum roll*

I'm going to AT2!!!!!!!!

I met a girl on my college course who also likes Stargate and we're going together for the Saturday! I'm so impossibly excited, this is the best thing that has happened to me in FOREVER!

*bounces*

Anyway, I know that I don't know many of you very well, but if you're going and we've spoken once or twice, drop me a PM so I'll know to look out for you there

*bounces away happily*

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          ya know what i really wanna do???? find out if they will EVER communicate with those that subbed to them. Cause it's going on two years now and some folks haven't heard a word on whether their stories will ever be accepted or if they're rejected
                          Maybe now that the show has been cancelled and there is little chance of any of the plots conflicting with a future episode or matching it too closely, they'll be able to make up their minds about which stories they'll be publishing.

I could see why, if TPTB were considering having an episode about the return of the Tok'ra, for example, they wouldn't want to publish a book dealing with more or less the same thing.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                            The average American woman is 5'4". 5'3" is not short. *repeats to self...I am not short!* The ironic thing is that if I buy petite length trousers, the legs are too long. *I am not short!*

I loved the mid-calf capri-length pants that were in this past summer. I bought two pairs of pants that I didn't have to have hemmed.

Did anyone else appreciate how in Mandy's Hathor picture, Sam is literally a head taller than the other three women? I had a friend in high school who couldn't join the Air Force because she was only 4'11". Bah!

*mutters to self...I am not short. I am not short. I am not short....*
                            Well if you're not short, than neither am I Those capri pants were not made for ah...petite people like us (I can actually get the right length pants from the kids department and becuase it's kids there's no tax on it ) Just stay away from those large flower prints

Now I'm sure Amanda would look great in capri's
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Alfa66 View Post
                              What's tall. I'm 5.9 and i'm 40. In my time it was a normal height. If i hear you people talk about tall with 5.9 i feel a giant just now On the other hand, people who are smaller are midgets )

P.s. Replicarter, great vid and great music.
                              I suppose it would depend on if you are male or female. 5'9"/5'10" is rather tall for a woman. I think the average height for a woman is like 5'5", but for a man 5'9" is considered average, whereas 6'1"/6'2" is considered tall.

It's all good though. There are positives and negatives for being small and tall. Granted being 5'9" helps out a great deal when I'm trying to get something off the top shelves at the grocery store. I've often had smaller people ask me to get items for them, but at the same time I often wish I were as small as my husband( 5'3" ) when we are flying because he never has problems with his legs cramping up in the small space. In fact, he normally just curls up in his seat and goes to sleep. If only.
                              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 21 October 2006, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                                Maybe now that the show has been cancelled and there is little chance of any of the plots conflicting with a future episode or matching it too closely, they'll be able to make up their minds about which stories they'll be publishing.

I could see why, if TPTB were considering having an episode about the return of the Tok'ra, for example, they wouldn't want to publish a book dealing with more or less the same thing.
                                the thing is, two years ago, three in my part since i had my sub written in feb to have to sit on it until november when the subs opened, there may have been pltos that would have worked. but as they've sat and sat and sat there they get more and more out of date

if they don't want to accept them and stick with their close knit little group of mostly brits, fine. that's their right. but i think those of us still waiting for word deserve the courtesy of a reply.

refuse my story for pete's sake so that i can put out my own zine
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X