Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    Ah yes, I can see it now, Vala doing the technobabble for Ripple Effect.

in spoilers in case it's too naughty

Spoiler:
    Vala: You see everyone,it's like this, there is this round hole in space, and with everything that keeps squeezing through it, it just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Now what we need is a big rod to fit in the round hole, that will expand to fill the hole and oh what's that phrase I'm looking for...oh yea...In flagrante delicto, there problem is solved.

Daniel, Cam and Landry look at each other, eyes wide with shock and faces red. While Teal'c just raises an eyebrow.

Landry: Dr. Jackson, as our linguist, I leave it up to you to explain to Vala, why she will no longer be giving technical reports, or anyother reports at briefings.
    *chokes back laughter....tries to hold it in....fails miserably*

BAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*takes gasping breath*

AHAAHAAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHAAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      b - she was injured and 'had' to be taken off the duty roster.

sam returns (if 'b' was used) and has to still be on the disabled list. that all in itself would have been a really interesting story to go through with sam. *sighs* so many, MANY missed opportunities....

sally
      the one good thing about B would be that folks have a lack of confidence and insecurity in their abilities after an injury, especially had it been in the line of duty

so there's sam, the boss, taken off duty cause she was hurt, her team carries on without her, with a new boss. she comes back, resumes her rightful place and had to deal with not only her own issues, but cam's issues at being 'demoted' - ie from leader to 2ic, was he right? was he wrong? he did a great job....etc, etc, etc

it would have been a great conflict between them, between all of them really
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

I will admit, had sam had more than a background role, there was probably more of s9 that i'd have enjoyed. but the whole fate of the show doesnt' rest on her shoulders. it's a combo of weak stories, weak characters and weak storytelling, all of which have combined to make a weak show
        i just try to black out the whole of season 9. the only ep i'd watch again is 'the scourge', and that's because a - sam had a good part in it, and b - it's the kind of sam that i enjoy (kick butt and leaderish).

season 9 was one ep for me.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
          Spoiler:

Sam: (pulling Vala to the side) My quarters tonight. We can conduct some expirements on this problem.

Vala: I love scientists
          gives empirical evidence a whole new meaning
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

To explain Sam's absences ... I think I would have her on an undercover op as Head of R&D at Area 51. SHe would be Commanding 100 scientist (that's basically all they employee there) while trying to figure out who is stealing technology, where it's going, and why. THis could lead to Ba'al, the Trust, Kinsey, another Goa'uld ... options are open.

Hammond discovered the discrepancies in the reports filed from Area 51, since they answer to him as well. He sends Sam there to find their mole. Only he disappears, shortly after she takes the assignment. Jack is aware of Carter's assignment, although he is having trouble getting in touch with her. Once Hammond disappears JAck is forced to take the job in WAshington, so he can keep an eye on Area 51 and the SGC.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post

Amanda. Hot.

when isn't she?

and, dem, i LOVE your avatar! junkie sam!

will Stuck ever come out!?!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

good point, and yes, when rda took time off, they explained it. (heck, it even became part of the jack storyline - frozen/kanan issues)

ms took time off and they explained him being gone. and that was for just 2 eps this season, 2 more to come

they KNEW at the end of s8 that AT was going to miss the beginning of s9. heck, she was visibly preggers at the end of the season, so they had ample time to think up a good reason for her to be gone.

but they didn't do that. they didn't even TRY to come up wiht a rational explanation. they just pushed her to the side and turned the whole of thier attention towards vala and cam and their bright shiny 'it'ssoooo cool' storyline

I look at other actresses/actors and thier life issues and the show. Look at how CB's pregnancy changed the show, or how gillian anderson's pregnancy changed the whole show. Nana visitor's pregnancy fired off a whole are for her character and Keiko and O'Brian

AT's pregnancy absence is another tick in the 'wasted opportunities' column for coop and the boys. They had the opportunity to make some lemonade from the 'lemon' of at's/sam's absence...but instead of taking advantage of it - and doing a little creative thinking/plotting - they instead took the easy way out and likely said 'eh, everyone will be so inlove with vala that they'll never even notice that she's gone' and didn't bother to take advantage of the golden opportunity they had.

the cynic in me has to wonder how much of a coincidence it is that when the BOYS take time off, coop comes up with an explanation, but when it's the girls they don't even bother
                Let's not forget how they not only gave a poor excuse for Sam's absence, they totally ditched Jack. No mention in 9 at all as to where he was!

Comment

gives empirical evidence a whole new meaning
                  hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                    Let's not forget how they not only gave a poor excuse for Sam's absence, they totally ditched Jack. No mention in 9 at all as to where he was!
                    EXACTLY!! Sam's lack of stories, taken command AWAY from her and never even mentioning JAck!!!! No goodbyes, no congratulations on a new assignment, nothing! Shhhh... wouldn't want fans to remember the last eight years of the series. Hmmm no wonder the show was cancelled. Sorry In bit of a mood tonight apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                      I agree with these 2 points you've made, but I have a question about e.

Do you mean that she should be a main character? Or a recurring character? Or kinda what they do with Atlantis, and have her come in every now and again, kinda as a liason, for Rodney, on Earth? Because I like the way she pops up every now and again in Atlantis, because each time there's a reason for her to be there. But then if she were to become a regular I don't think that'd work so much...
                      for the spin off, i'd like her to be a main character. i don't really want her to join atlantis because i don't watch atlantis and then would have to. from what i know about it, there's already too many ppl on that show.

but a completely separate show (spin off); i'd like sam to not only be a main character, but THE star.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Ah yes, I can see it now, Vala doing the technobabble for Ripple Effect.

in spoilers in case it's too naughty

Spoiler:
                        Vala: You see everyone,it's like this, there is this round hole in space, and with everything that keeps squeezing through it, it just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Now what we need is a big rod to fit in the round hole, that will expand to fill the hole and oh what's that phrase I'm looking for...oh yea...In flagrante delicto, there problem is solved.

Daniel, Cam and Landry look at each other, eyes wide with shock and faces red. While Teal'c just raises an eyebrow.

Landry: Dr. Jackson, as our linguist, I leave it up to you to explain to Vala, why she will no longer be giving technical reports, or anyother reports at briefings.
                        ROTFLMAO. Ouch! It hurts to laugh Ouch! Dang it Mandy! *still sore from surgery*

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                          ROTFLMAO. Ouch! It hurts to laugh Ouch! Dang it Mandy! *still sore from surgery*
                          Ooops Sorry Poz Hey good to see you on the board
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                            Congats chelle db on 3,000!!!

I hope you're surving the hot weather down there - it was our turn for 36C today

Here's the link to THE HAMSTER DANCE!!!!

I have been really busy the last couple of weeks and have hardly been online at all. I just heard that there will be 2 movies straight to DVD for Stargate - here's hoping we get lotsa action!Sam 'n Science!Sam 'n Soldier!Sam 'n even more Sam

That was to funny!!! Thanks for the link.

Comment

Ooops Sorry Poz Hey good to see you on the board
                              Thanks Ya, those pain meds made me even more incoherant then I usually am Glad to be off them...Until next time..but that's another story..

Amanda is an Amazing Lady!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                for the spin off, i'd like her to be a main character. i don't really want her to join atlantis because i don't watch atlantis and then would have to. from what i know about it, there's already too many ppl on that show.

but a completely separate show (spin off); i'd like sam to not only be a main character, but THE star.

sally
                                I would love to see Sam as the star, too. At this point, I'd rather see it as kind of a ST Voyager scenario. It would be interesting to see Sam commanding a ship that is far from home with no way to get back. No crossovers! We'd see her angst at not being able to get back to the one(s)(**JACK) she loves. She'd be frustrated with herself as a scientist for not being able to solve the problem, and she'd still be responsible for a hundered people under her command. We could meet new villians and watch Sam and her new gang kick their butts. It would be great if Cassie was ship doctor. (We could set it a few years into the future so that Cassie would have time to finish med school and Sam would be a full bird. The future setting would allow Sam to still make occasional crossovers to SGA, since SGA would be a few years behind.)

Of course, the series finale (7-10 years from now) would take her back to earth and the one she cares about would be waiting for her.

**Mentally place your choice here. MajorSal and I choose Jack, and we all know Agent Dark's choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X