No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Madness poster is one I did months ago - it was just a repost - I have been sitting on jury duty for the last week and a half - no details other than to say it is gang related so the madness poster tonight - the defense starts tomorrow

So here is a new poster for every one here - with a special nod to sky

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Great poster tsaxlady! That last pic just cracks me up
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hello Everyone!

I was browsing the web tonight and just happened to run across this on the RDAnderson.com board.

A fan was at the FMA event in Vancouver on Saturday and has posted a few photos of RDA and Amanda, as well as a short video of the event.

Here is the link to the website:

http://timsmith.free.fr/Vancouver.htm

Don't they both look lovely? (I personally love the long hair on Amanda)

Comment

Originally posted by Melora
          Hello Everyone!

I was browsing the web tonight and just happened to run across this on the RDAnderson.com board.

A fan was at the FMA event in Vancouver on Saturday and has posted a few photos of RDA and Amanda, as well as a short video of the event.

They look ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! Gah! And it does things to my shippy heart even though I know it's RL and not SG related!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
            The Madness poster is one I did months ago - it was just a repost - I have been sitting on jury duty for the last week and a half - no details other than to say it is gang related so the madness poster tonight - the defense starts tomorrow

Tsax this is one of my favorite scenes!
            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
            Hic Comitas Regit
            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Hello Everyone!

thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!

not only pics, but a vid too!

and YES, amanda and rick look FANTASTIC!!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                i'm skeered

no, really, i'm scared

oh wait, mandy's a canuck???

bwahahahaha. What's she gonna do? syrup me to death
                OMG...you guys are great...this is just so funny on oh so many ways...I should be out doing things but this is way...cooler!!!
                Maybe we should all adopt the aussie language...it's not that hard or confusing...at least there's no umlauts!!!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  Well Sky, I didn't want it to come down to this but you left me no choice
                  I've had to call out our national secret weapon

warning not for the faint hearted

Spoiler:
                  LOL...I want one of those...brilliant!!!
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                    ok, the other stuff i get, but c'mon! you guys don't have kettles over there? (*sgb walks off grumbling maniacly about stupid backwards countries with no kettles*)

ssooo, um. i know that a jumper is some kind of skirt or somethin' over there, but what's the deal with the kettle thing?
                    Yeah...I mean a kettle is a kettle right?? Or do you call it a jug or a pot??? Or is it just a bit weird that Daniels putting the kettle on??
                    As for the others...a jumper is a sweater...a tannoy is a speaker...a trolley is a shopping cart...it's not that hard to understand...or is it???
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      a kettle is....well, we have kettle corn, which is popcorn made when a HUGE cauldron is heated

and some may have a tea kettle - we did when i was younger

but in the day and age of the coffee maker - which will also heat water in minutes as opposed to 10-20 minutes on the stove, not many folks use a kettle anymore

and a jumper is basically a pinafore, but wiht a back and front on the top...imagine a vest and skirt as one piece, meant to be worn with a shirt underrneath
                      Wow...a pinafore is a dress here...it's a skirt with a bib on the top half...and we have electric kettles that boil water within a few minutes...we don't use the old kettle that goes on the stove top...i mean you can still get them but the process is so much slower...not everyone drinks coffee so the kettle accomodates both tea and coffee drinkers at the same time...can your coffee maker do that???
                      We had a coffee machine on the houseboat and it was fantastic...but we still had to put the kettle on for the tea drinkers so we used twice the amount of energy than if we just used the kettle.

Back on topic...Amanda is awesome and Sam Carter is brilliant...and that's thanks to Amanda...who is totally awesome!!!
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                        But, why would Jack be putting on a jumper
                        Coz he's cold!!! In winter it gets cold...so you put on a jumper...or a sweater if you like!!!
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          no. link please!

sally
                          I don't know how to do link but it's in ff.net...sorry sally!

EDIT: Thanks LAD for posting a link...if you can can you post a link to Gen Varel's fan fiction coz there are sequels to that story that I'm sure sally will want to read...thanks again!!
                          Last edited by Chelle DB; 02 October 2006, 09:25 PM.
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                            I don't know how to do link but it's in ff.net...sorry sally!

EDIT: Thanks LAD for posting a link...if you can can you post a link to Gen Varel's fan fiction coz there are sequels to that story that I'm sure sally will want to read...thanks again!!
                            Here is the author's page.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

That's just great tsax. Thank you so much for sharing it and I hope people rep you to the point that greenage is spilling out of your ears because of it.

I have a real softspot for Sam/Teal'c friendshippy moments. I think it's unrealized gold...rarely touched upon officially. I think we can thank Amanda and Chris for most of the moments we have with them because I'll bet they personally inject them into the scenes.

I'm glad they (the actors, not TPTB) understand that we the fans appreciate and CRAVE character beats. The amazing chemistry the cast shares IMHO is WHY SG-1 lasted so long...so I'm glad they know that we need to have them and are willing to give them to us.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hello Everyone!

Thank you (gawd, those RDA fans are such gigglers! )

Yes, AT looks lovely. And RDA looks younger in those shots than he does in episode 200.
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X