Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    that's just it. we live in teh day and age of 'best justice money can buy'...and 'best laws money can buy'

circumventing those laws are easy if you make sure that you get the 'right' peopel elected.

and the only people that can put safeguards on such tampering are hte very same folks that are profiting from it - the politicians/lawmakers

This is anotehr reason i had a HUGE issue with a plot device of s9 see, i can get it back on topic
    Spoiler:
    the transponders. where the teams can be tracked anywhere and everywhere....can we even begin to go into what a HUGE violation of privacy that is???? can you honestly see sam or any of the others likeing this?

or, if they were compelled, the scariness of a govt that does that?

It's 1984. Only a few years later.

Comment

we have those. on some intersections. and yes, monitor traffic flow

i figure it's just a matter of time before they're used to track down some bad guys, then - once we get front license plates - are used to ticket traffic infractions. probably 10 years or so (we're the midwest, we're behind everyone )
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
        AD, I know that you live in another country, but has your local government put camera's at/on stop lights? Have they told you it's to monitor traffic-flow?

In my opinion it's just another invasion of your rights to see what your doing while at those stop lights. Now I have no problem with cameras being used at ATM's, banks, airports, ...,etc. But I do with these.
        Uhh, to catch people running red lights?

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
          If big brother is watching, perhaps TPTB are too. So. These are my demands. I'd like Sam to be leader of SG-1. Give AT some meaty eps! Give me some closure in a mini-series or movie. And FCOL get Sam and Jack together already!
          Ooooh yeah...I second that!!
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

This is anotehr reason i had a HUGE issue with a plot device of s9 see, i can get it back on topic
            Spoiler:
            the transponders. where the teams can be tracked anywhere and everywhere....can we even begin to go into what a HUGE violation of privacy that is???? can you honestly see sam or any of the others likeing this?

Yeah, I didn't like that much when I heard that.
            Spoiler:
            It's good to beam them out in a jam, but it's too much of an invasion of privacy, IMO. And it hurts when they rip it out of you to keep others from finding you. (((Vala))) Oh geez...I never thought I'd hug Vala. Huh...oh well! (((Vala)))

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
              Well it's not an invasion of privacy if they've agreed to it. And considering they need the Asgard sensors to lock onto it?

Comment

our information is only as safe as the companies make it.

and how many of them give that contract to the lowest bidder

and you are right, my opinion may be the worst case scenario...but as long as the general public doesn't question and wonder and 'keep them honest' it'll get harder and harder to have any privacy.

every time 'we' hand over one of our privacy rights we have to look at the absolute worst case scenario. because if we don't, it's a matter of time before it happens.

why do you think HIPPA got passed? (health information privacy protection act)....because insurance companies were already violating peopels' medical privacy. they just got caught and then the law was passed to keep it from continuing to happen

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  Spoiler:
                  Well it's not an invasion of privacy if they've agreed to it. And considering they need the Asgard sensors to lock onto it?
                  but it is analogous to those 'lost pet' sensors. anyone watch 'the unit' last week?
                  Spoiler:
                  they were going to tag prisoners with tracking beacons so that they could be monitored 24/7. and the tech is already there to tag animals/pets with a subcutanous tag that can be read by a sensor. and they're already talking aboout doing it to humans for medical reasons

the technology is there, it's just how we use it

sigpic

Comment

Oh...come on AD...you and I both know it's not just for that...
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                      No, it's also to catch Sam speeding by on her Indian.

Comment

Agent Dark, I tend to get a little passionate about things like this. Please forgive me.

But back on topic. Sam is a great character, six months is a long time to wait to see what happens with her.
                        Last edited by LaCroix; 01 October 2006, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Yeah...but you gotta wonder how much of a choice they had in agreeing to it!
                          Congrats on your milestone AD!!
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Uhh, to catch people 'getting lucky' while at the stop light?

Comment

Yeah...but you gotta wonder how much of a choice they had in agreeing to it!
                              Congrats on your milestone AD!!
                              well, when it comes to the military...probably not much.

sigpic

Comment

Uhh, to catch people 'getting lucky' while at the stop light?
                                D'oH...how did...where did...D'oh...they caught me didn't they ??
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X