X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEM
    Ha! Was
    Spoiler:
    CARTER in this ep? Did she have laryngitis the first several acts, or what? Pathetic.
    hey, sam is nothing compared to Teal'c

did he say anything more than 'colonel carter'?

i swear he had ONE WHOLE LINE in the whole story
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
      That was exactly what I thought! Couldn't they get
      Spoiler:
      another house to use? Did they think we wouldn't notice?
      I also had to wonder if Peter DeLuise was directing because shouldn't Sam
      Spoiler:
      have been wearing her AF hat since she was outside when she arrived at Mrs. Miller's house? I know he hates having the characters wear their hats/caps. But it wasn't him.
      Better Sam moments in Atlantis than SG1 this week.
      yes, sam did better in M&MM than she did in MM

and hey, if sam shouda been wearing her hat in M&MM it's cause
      Spoiler:
      the fake sam and co were wearing their covers INSIDE the police station, which is a huge no-no. maybe they only have one hat and have to share it?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        hey, sam is nothing compared to Teal'c

did he say anything more than 'colonel carter'?

i swear he had ONE WHOLE LINE in the whole story
        One line? One measly line?

Granted, I would consider one line from Teal'c better than a hundred from certain other characters, but that's ridiculous!

At least CJ must have had an easy time learning his part of the script.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
          All right, I don't feel like reading the entirety of the McKay & Mrs Miller thread (sue me), so I'll ask here.
          Spoiler:
          Wasn't Jeannie's house Carter's house?! When Sam showed up -- o irony!
          Whoo Hoo! I thought I was going crazy becaue no one else had mentioned it. It was just too weird to see Carter knocking on her own front door. Was finding another house that difficult?

Comment

I also had to wonder if Peter DeLuise was directing because shouldn't Sam
            Spoiler:
            have been wearing her AF hat since she was outside when she arrived at Mrs. Miller's house? I know he hates having the characters wear their hats/caps. But it wasn't him.
            Yup, she shoulda been. Eaves don't constitute indoors.

Originally posted by Skydiver
            Spoiler:
            maybe they only have one hat and have to share it?
            BWAH! Good call.
            Spoiler:
            'cept Carter could have worn her flight cap instead.

Originally posted by jckfan
            Better Sam moments in Atlantis than SG1 this week.
            In addition to the fact that she actually spoke, there was the Martin Wood factor.
            AT + MW = Magic!

ETA: It was pretty sad when (Memento Mori):
            Spoiler:
            I had a Pavlovian reaction to the detective mentioning Carter's name. I figured there'd be NO way she couldn't speak when she showed up at the station. Silly me: The writers almost managed to pull off a no-line trick anyway! Frickin unbelievable.
            Last edited by DEM; 09 September 2006, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
              One line? One measly line?

Granted, I would consider one line from Teal'c better than a hundred from certain other characters, but that's ridiculous!

At least CJ must have had an easy time learning his part of the script.
              though I don't think that's something he necessarily likes. He seemed pleased with the number of lines he had in S8 & commented once about not needing to read the scripts very closely in S1 b/c all he did was stand around and say Indeed.

I noticed the
              Spoiler:
              indoor hat wearing fake AF officers too
              , Sky. Must have learned something from reading Major Clanger's posts.
              I do love seeing Sam all professional in her blues.

Comment

The AF Advisor must have still been tied up in the broom closet that day.
                Originally posted by ReganX
                I thought he lived there now.
                He got a nice visit from CJ, who must have been locked in there with him during the filming of MM
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I missed the beginning of M&MM does anyone know of any screencaps?
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                    I missed the beginning of M&MM
                    Wow. You are SOOO hurting.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                      Whoo Hoo! I thought I was going crazy becaue no one else had mentioned it. It was just too weird to see Carter knocking on her own front door. Was finding another house that difficult?
                      The strange thing is the house really isn't Sam's house. Jeanie's house is actually a different house on the inside and the outside, but for some reason they chose to use a night shot of Sam's house. If you look at the scene when Jeanie opens the door, the porch is completely different from Sam's. Sam's house has a retangular pillar sitting on top of a stone base on both sides of the entrance way whereas when we see Sam outside of Jeanie's house there are two pillars on top of a wooden base.

The layout of the inside of the house is quite different as well. In Sam's house there is a room to the right of the entryway door, but in Jeanie's house there is a room to the left of the entryway door. So unless they filmed in multiple houses, I have a feeling they just used a stock shot of Sam's house for the outside scene which seems really strange to me.

ETA: Actually the porch that Amanda filmed her scene with Jeannie on isn't the same porch that Hewlett filmed on. They are two different backgrounds from the same door and neither of them are the same as Sam's house. Odd.
                      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 09 September 2006, 03:32 PM.

Comment

for anyone who's interested, i finally updated Where in the World is George Hammond with the kids' travels this summer

http://witwigh.sesaworuban.net/

sigpic

Comment

Memento Mori
                          Spoiler:

Meh.

Pretty darned cliché. And thusly, rather dull.

And I have come to the conclusion that I really, really never want to see Peter DeLuise direct ever again.

His 'humor' is just far too low-brow for my tastes. (And, I would think, that of anyone outside the set of 12-15 year old boys.) Someone is always being made a buffoon for PDL. Perhaps it's projection-he feels he's a buffoon, so tries to make the 'cool' characters farsical too?

I just HATED the scene where the team comes into the hotel room to rescue Cam. It made Cam look like a complete loser. I didn't mind the handcuffed naked to the bed-and even the 'This isn't what it looks like' joke was fine, even witty in another context. But having him cuffed there, not only NOT trying to escape, but stuffing his face with junk food so voraciously that he wasn't even bothering to wipe the creame off his face? I've made it clear that I'm not a Cam fan-but that was SO beneath him that I cringed for the character. Are we really meant to accept Cam lying there gluttonous and slovenly instead of trying to find some way to escape, and thus help a team-mate? I don't even LIKE Cam and I found that ridiculous and demeaning to him.

And then to go from that image to Mr. Hero in the wharehouse was dizzying. The writing of Cam gives me whiplash, it does.

I don't see what Vala did that was so spectacular? She reverted to form, trying to steal a meal, then trying to charm her way out of things she was caught. Prevacating with the cop, instead of being honest with him from the get-go. Heck, she could have called Sal to have him verify she was telling the truth-but telling the truth seems to be an last desperate act for her.

I guess just being kidnapped and surviving gets you on the team, then.

And I hated the "let's have a joke at Daniel's expense AGAIN" ending of it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                            Wow. You are SOOO hurting.

Well I couldn't help it I knew I wasn't going to waste use up a vhs tape on MM, so I didn't have it set up to tape M&MM

boy that's a lot of M's
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              He got a nice visit from CJ, who must have been locked in there with him during the filming of MM
                              I don't suppose there's any chance that CJ and the Air Force advisor could join forces, overpower their captors and escape?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                                Memento Mori
                                Spoiler:

Meh.

Pretty darned cliché. And thusly, rather dull.

And I have come to the conclusion that I really, really never want to see Peter DeLuise direct ever again.

His 'humor' is just far too low-brow for my tastes. (And, I would think, that of anyone outside the set of 12-15 year old boys.) Someone is always being made a buffoon for PDL. Perhaps it's projection-he feels he's a buffoon, so tries to make the 'cool' characters farsical too?

I just HATED the scene where the team comes into the hotel room to rescue Cam. It made Cam look like a complete loser. I didn't mind the handcuffed naked to the bed-and even the 'This isn't what it looks like' joke was fine, even witty in another context. But having him cuffed there, not only NOT trying to escape, but stuffing his face with junk food so voraciously that he wasn't even bothering to wipe the creame off his face? I've made it clear that I'm not a Cam fan-but that was SO beneath him that I cringed for the character. Are we really meant to accept Cam lying there gluttonous and slovenly instead of trying to find some way to escape, and thus help a team-mate? I don't even LIKE Cam and I found that ridiculous and demeaning to him.

And then to go from that image to Mr. Hero in the wharehouse was dizzying. The writing of Cam gives me whiplash, it does.

I don't see what Vala did that was so spectacular? She reverted to form, trying to steal a meal, then trying to charm her way out of things she was caught. Prevacating with the cop, instead of being honest with him from the get-go. Heck, she could have called Sal to have him verify she was telling the truth-but telling the truth seems to be an last desperate act for her.

I guess just being kidnapped and surviving gets you on the team, then.

And I hated the "let's have a joke at Daniel's expense AGAIN" ending of it as well.
                                I tell ya, I had a better time last evening taking my nephew to the childrens ER for one of his notorious migraines (being sick included) than I did watching MM I guess I should have asked him if he had seen a preview of the show, which set off his migraine?
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X