No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this does go ahead...the Samanda website...I only ask that it is easy to navigate...I'm not computer savvy...I find it hard to navigate at other SG sites...GW is the best so far!!
    Well..I just thought I'd ask is all!!
    Gotta go....work beckons...DoH...and I'm gonna have a house full of visitors tonight and the place looks like a tornado just tore thru it!
    Back later!! Have a great day/night all!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      The web design is already SET.

I'm talking more along the lines of format.

Round Robin's.

A review section.

Comment

The web design is already SET.

I'm talking more along the lines of format.
        What's the difference between web design/layout and format?

I'm being serious, too. And I'm not trying to be difficult either; I'm just looking to edumacate myself further in this very quagmire-ous area of expertise.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

I'm being serious, too. And I'm not trying to be difficult either; I'm just looking to edumacate myself further in this very quagmire-ous area of expertise.

I second that!

Your not alone Spaz and thanks for asking the question.
          sigpic

Comment

And do my eyes deceive me or did no one thunk at my Amanda + bullwhip question?

Wow. You guys are slipping.
            Sam? Bullwhip? THUNK!!!

Sorry, I'm a bit behind...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Gee, that was hard to read
              from what I've gathered reading the posts, we want fanfic, Icons and banners. Anything else?
              Links to fic, or an actual fic archive.

My LJ

Comment

My top 5 Sci Fi Women sam, Sam is definately number one. Though for a time Dax was close, until we learnt more and more about sam, now shes a definate number one

1. Sam Carter (SG1)
                2. Jadzia Dax (DS9)
                3. Kira (DS9)
                4. Janet Fraiser (SG1)
                5. Beverly Crusher (TNG)

I'm very sad to hear about SG1's cancellation, personally i still hope it will be renewed, the show is not what it once was but it is a large improvement over season 9, and still far better than pretty much anything else out there. I do realise there is a strong possibility it will continue in another way (which i have never doubted) whether its tv movies, a mini series or a feature film. I do believe they need more time then the 3 episodes they apparantly had left to write when they heard about SG1's cancellation, they deserve so much more than to be left hanging. I do strongly believe they will be back in some way, and i also think there will be another spin-off series, which i would be really happy with. I would love for sam, daniel and teal'c to remain on my screen somehow.

I also thought the timing of when they told them there not coming back next year sucks. Sci FI: "quick lets shoot them in the back while there celebrating, they will never think we could be that cruel/stupid". The thing that annoys me the most about this is that SG1 does SO MUCH better outside the U.S then it does there that it's cancelled for the whole world because of some idiotic channel. i think MGM know this and its why there trying to save it so much.

i have heard that they are thinking about having SG1 castmembers crossover permanately to atlantis, i think sam and daniel would be the only ones that would be logical and realistic, but i would be worried about the other characters in atlantis, i would hate for them to disappear for sg1 to go there permanately, as much as i love SG1, not full time characters, reccurring yes, Sam commanding the Odessy or the daedulus, or helping out Mckay a few times, daniel popping in to have a look around again or to help out, but not anything more, it may hamper atlantis not help, its been great so far this season, definately a big step up from the first two, and better than SG1 too, which i would never thought i would hear myself say.

I LOVED 200, it was as good as i was hoping for, and definately the funniest episode ever, great to see RDA again, and i loved all the spoofs on other shows. It was the best episode since Season 8.

And i have been reading the sam ficathon like crazy, i love it, and Montezuma's revenge was awesome - some said that earlier.

bye bye

Comment

No problemo.

It's one thing to say that you want a fic section. Well this much is understood and is figured into laying out the basic navigation and design.

But how do you want that fic section to be layed out? I've seen suggestions already here...plot bunny adoption, ficathon, WIP adoption, contests, random focuses on fics, etc. This is the more specific stuff I'm talking about.

You want a fan art section? Sweet. Now what are you expecting to see? A place for work to be rated?

Get what I'm saying? Beyond the general "fic section" or "fan art" section is how can it best be laid out to include the features that Samanda is interested in.

And that's what I'm interested in. SPECIFIC FEATURES. This is not to say that we'll be able to impliment it all or that what we'll implement will be done all at once...but it helps us lay it out better.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

No problemo.

It's one thing to say that you want a fic section. Well this much is understood and is figured into laying out the basic navigation and design.

But how do you want that fic section to be layed out? I've seen suggestions already here...plot bunny adoption, ficathon, WIP adoption, contests, random focuses on fics, etc. This is the more specific stuff I'm talking about.

You want a fan art section? Sweet. Now what are you expecting to see? A place for work to be rated?

Get what I'm saying? Beyond the general "fic section" or "fan art" section is how can it best be laid out to include the features that Samanda is interested in.

And that's what I'm interested in. SPECIFIC FEATURES. This is not to say that we'll be able to impliment it all or that what we'll implement will be done all at once...but it helps us lay it out better.

Ah! I see! Specific Features...

OK, cool. Thanks for the explanation!

If you decide to go with a forum, would you name it "Samanda" or would it be a special section of the forum (like "Gen Dis" is here)?

ETA: In answer to your questions about the fic and the fan art, I'd greedily choose all of the above, but I specifically like the plot bunny adoption, since I haven't really seen that anywhere else besides the recent ficathon.

And, when it comes to fan art, are you talking about sigs, vids, avatars, etc. all being submitted for public use w/permission? Or would the vid section have a whole bunch of links to YouTube vids and vids on other sites?

Comment

There are less than seven hours to go for this months celeeb poll. Amanda is in the lead, but that lead is falling fast.

I know the new system is a pain but any votes would be a lot of help.

http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Ah! I see! Specific Features...

OK, cool. Thanks for the explanation!

If you decide to go with a forum, would you name it "Samanda" or would it be a special section of the forum (like "Gen Dis" is here)?

ETA: In answer to your questions about the fic and the fan art, I'd greedily choose all of the above, but I specifically like the plot bunny adoption, since I haven't really seen that anywhere else besides the recent ficathon.

And, when it comes to fan art, are you talking about sigs, vids, avatars, etc. all being submitted for public use w/permission? Or would the vid section have a whole bunch of links to YouTube vids and vids on other sites?
                        Maybe both or maybe something different. This is stuff we're trying to sort out.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Maybe both or maybe something different. This is stuff we're trying to sort out.
                          So... were those considered "specific feature topics" or "spazzy's annoying questions?"

*waits for someone to inevitably pick the latter as an option*

Comment

So... were those considered "specific feature topics" or "spazzy's annoying questions?"

*waits for someone to inevitably pick the latter as an option*
                            *sigh*

Sometimes you make it tooooo easy on me Spazo.

Comment

NC

Comment

how about folks say 'i'd like the graphics to be like this site.....but with this, this and this tweaked'

give examples
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X