Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Yeah, this is the thing. Graphics take up a hell of a lot of space
    And making two separate spaces (graphs and fics) is not an option right?

    Comment


      woot! a graphicathon! (feels creativity level rising...)

      on topic...sam rules!!

      Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
      My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
      My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
      My Stargate Videos
      It's meant to be!

      Comment


        Originally posted by Lizlove
        And making two separate spaces (graphs and fics) is not an option right?
        Yes, it is an option, definitely. In fact, it could work out to be the more likely of the two. It's just finding somewhere with enough webspace to do it, that's all. But I'm sure someone will come up with something They always do
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

        Comment


          Whoot! Samanda LJ and/or Samanda Site! Sounds very cool! I vote for both, and Replicartertje's idea about vids, sigs, avatars, etc. sounds great too!

          Comment


            Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            Glad you had a good time.

            Wave one of the action figures included a couple of Jacks, Daniel and a serpent guard. Wave two will have Carter, Replicarter and Teal'c
            Dang, I'd better got back there and get the Carter one when it comes out then

            Comment


              You guys know when SciFi's press release said "215," and everyone was like... "Dude, can't they count?"

              What if it wasn't a mistake? What if they WILL have a 21st episode as part of the series finale?

              Comment


                PATIENCE MY SAMANDANS!!!!!!!!!!

                All this talk of a website. Geez.

                Now that there's all this talk of the website, perhaps you can share other cool features you'd like to see.

                ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                Comment


                  Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  You guys know when SciFi's press release said "215," and everyone was like... "Dude, can't they count?"

                  What if it wasn't a mistake? What if they WILL have a 21st episode as part of the series finale?
                  Let's hope so because fitting in a credible end to the Season with only the epis they have left would be difficult...BW has said it will be a satisfying ending but then I find my definition of satisfying and his sometimes belong in different dictionaries. It will also be interesting to see what they do with the characters, and obviously Sam , at the end.
                  sigpic
                  Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                  My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

                  Comment


                    Happy Birthday SamFan31!!!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                      Yes, it is an option, definitely. In fact, it could work out to be the more likely of the two. It's just finding somewhere with enough webspace to do it, that's all. But I'm sure someone will come up with something They always do
                      Hey! We could ask astro also. Maybe once the site is full or whatever we could keep the archives on a pdf file? Just an idea.

                      And having two sites would be easier. For the maintenance and such.

                      Comment


                        let's not panic on web space yet. i know a couple of people that MIGHT share thier space with us, but it would be subdomain on their site and the main reason i'm waiting it dragging a 'third party' into things

                        let's get a general feel about if enough folks will participate then go from there huh?
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?


                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Skydiver
                          let's not panic on web space yet. i know a couple of people that MIGHT share thier space with us, but it would be subdomain on their site and the main reason i'm waiting it dragging a 'third party' into things

                          let's get a general feel about if enough folks will participate then go from there huh?
                          No panicking. My point is that it's currently in the works.



                          My SECOND point was to ask what other features Samandans are interested in? Plus, for the fic section, how to set it up etc.

                          And do my eyes deceive me or did no one thunk at my Amanda + bullwhip question?

                          Wow. You guys are slipping.

                          ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            And do my eyes deceive me or did no one thunk at my Amanda + bullwhip question?

                            Wow. You guys are slipping.
                            We thunked! WE THUNKED! Didn'tcha see and hear me thunk!?!
                            scarimor

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by scarimor
                              We thunked! WE THUNKED! Didn'tcha see and hear me thunk!?!
                              LOL!

                              Musta missed it. Sorry.

                              As for site stuff, seriously...we're working on it but want all your input.

                              ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                Astrogeo says: FIVE STAR post, deepspace! (But then what else *would* a geologist think of such a cool geo-post? )

                                And my first impression was - a structural dome. I haven't read about this one in particular, but we have several striking ones in the US - in places where there is little vegetation covering the ground so these cool geologic features stand out. The rings are layers of rock tilted and sticking out of the ground. I wouldn't have thought volcanic crater or meteor crater - the rings of rock would not look like they do in your wonderful pics from either a meteor impact or a volcanic explosion.

                                Structural domes can be caused by compressional tectonics or by an uplift 'pressure' from below - usually a magma chamber (which would cool into a pluton or batholith) or a salt dome (coming upwards because of its light density). Salt domes are common in places like Texas. The Black Hills of South Dakota are an example of a stuctural dome with a pluton in the center.

                                At any rate... very, very cool pics, Deepspace!
                                Thanks so much for posting them...

                                ... to bring it to the Sam Topic of the thread... I like what someone else said along the lines of Sam would definitely find it intriguing if she saw such a structural feature in the offworld photographs from the UAV.

                                And this is another pic that would have been something cool (and real) to throw into one of those UAV pics in an episode:

                                http://heritage.stsci.edu/1998/39/ngc3132/hotspring.gif

                                (Warning, very large pic - full screen size)
                                Thankyou Astrogeo! It's so great to have some more info; and names and places to be able to explore even further, I might go trying to find some more uplift structures. What really fascinated me with this was not only how beautiful it was from space, but the forces that formed it, that it wasn't just your average meteorite crater.
                                PS. Love the hotspring pic, very very nice.

                                ...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

                                HIC COMITAS REGIT!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X