Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    Gee, that was hard to read
    from what I've gathered reading the posts, we want fanfic, Icons and banners. Anything else?

Maybe favorite emoticon?

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      Sorry. Did someone say something? *looks around innocently*

Ok, Ooobs, you win. I think the usual stuff; pics, interview transcripts, fanart section, fanfic. In terms of stuff you don't see on every website? Maybe a ficrec section where fics are recommended by a chosen panellist every month?

I think maybe Tracy wants a turn with that wet noodle
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        here's a crazy idea of fixing the probs for us. and 'us' being the original team fans and sam fans.

remember, this is basically crazy...

while on a mission, they come across a device. upon investigation (which means sam tinkering with it ), it's found out that it's a type of time travel device. and upon further tinkering, sam realizes that it's close to the quantum mirror, in that it can distinguish between realities. and then sam realizes that...

the reality they're presently living through is wrong. that the events in 'moebius' didn't fix the time line properly.

so sam and co decide to set things straight again.

OR.

they find a device that'll let them erase the last few months, so that they never meet the ori. or at least sends them back in time so that when the ori meeting would have taken place, it doesn't this time. so sam, daniel, and teal'c make sure this time not to disband sg1. vala still shows up, but daniel immediately explains what would have happened and makes sure it doesn't this time. and mitchell is given another team to command, which vala wants to join so she can try a relationship with daniel. (daniel says nope ).

*i* want to erase season 9 (and 10), so i'm trying to find a way of doing it.

sally
        I posted this on the Anti-Season Ten thread. This scenario would suit me.

A time travel episode could work - and even if it didn't, I'd forgive them the cheesiness if it meant that things would be improved afterwards - and "Moebius, Part 2" provided them with an opportunity.

Perhaps the Ori could overwhelm Earth and one of the Ancients (I know Oma's busy but any Ancient Would do) could appear to SG-1 (or even just one member of the team) and tell them that this wasn't the way it was supposed to happen. The timeline was screwed up. Vala and Daniel were never supposed to encounter the Ori and lead them to this galaxy. In the original timeline, the Ori were to go to a different galaxy where they would encounter an extremely advanced race who would wipe the floor with them. The Ancients can't/won't interfere with the fight with the Ori but as the problem with the timeline was caused by an Ancient device and a descendant of the Ancients, they can exploit a loophole in their rules and offer SG-1 the chance to hit the reset button.

There's a catch, though - isn't there always? While hitting the reset button will prevent the Ori posing a threat to Earth, the Ancients can't guarantee what will happen in the reset timeline, to SG-1 or to anyone else. It is possible that a new, worse enemy could do even more damage to the galaxy than the Ori would have. SG-1 (or one character) have to make the decision on behalf of the whole galaxy.

Given that the Ori are inches away from wiping out Earth, SG-1 agrees to the reset. Next thing they know, they're sitting in the briefing room with Landry (or Jack if RDA can be brought back) who tells Sam that her team is cleared to travel to P9E-222 or wherever at 0900 the next day. SG-1 look a bit disoriented for a second but they recover quickly and continue as though nothing out of the ordinary has happened - they no longer remember a thing about the Ori, or the past couple of years, their memories are of what should have happened.

As they are leaving, Landry/Jack wishes "Major Mitchell" the best of luck on his first mission.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Huh. Okay. Y'all are suspiciously quiet. I shall try again and this time, I won't be as subtle.

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE IN A SAMANDAN WEBSITE??!??

Hopefully that got someone's attention there.
          For the record I'm willing to put energy in it but anyway.... what do I want? Anthing remotely connected to Amanda and Sam in the art domain. Like fics, icons, wall, banners, music vids, poems, drawnings...
          Everything that's possible to put on.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500
            I have to admit that in a list of all time favourite women characters in Sci-fi, Sam Carter would top my list. Others...hmmm. My Top 5 in order I think it would be:

Sam Carter
            Dr Crusher (Trek)
            Kathryn Janeway (Trek)
            Scully
            Jadzia Dax (Trek)

Yep, definitely showing my Trek roots...
            i'll take troi over crusher, and then throw in major kira (trek ds9).

i've always enjoyed smart and strong female characters, but no more than the wonderful sam carter. flaws and quirks, amanda gave her a heart and soul to love forever.

sall
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
              ok it is the 1st of September well here it is anyway so:
              HAPPY 36th BIRTHDAY CHELLE DB
              Oh wow..cool...thanks RCtje...the kids bought me breakfast in bed...muffins and juice...it's gonna be a great day...even if I have to go to work...but then again...everyday is great!!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Anyway, good news is that Asda have slashed the price on season eight to £26.97 (including delivery). The link is here.

As I say, dunno if it's useful or not, but I certainly thought it was
                Go grab your commission from Asda, TJ. I just ordered. Thank you

edit: Amazon are selling it for 39.99 but that's still more than I'm prepared to pay.
                scarimor

Comment

Okay see I'm getting generalities.

What I want more is specifics. A fic section is a given. How do you want it set up?

I read mention of how people would like to see ficathons and other contests set up. Expand on that.

Pictures are a given...how do you envision setting that up?

That kind of thing.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

What I want more is specifics. A fic section is a given. How do you want it set up?

I read mention of how people would like to see ficathons and other contests set up. Expand on that.

That kind of thing.
                    Please define "set up".

Do you mean layout? Color schemes? I figured the web designer does all of that stuff, and the content is pretty general with ficathons and pictures and vids... I'm wondering how it gets more detailed than that.

:: ponders own stupidity ignorance ::

Comment

That kind of thing.
                      I'd like to see a fic challenge section, somewhere people could post challenges and plot bunnies (Sam-centered, obviously, but maybe with areas for team and for pairings) for adoption.

Comment

That kind of thing.
                        Hmmmm, the fic section would ideally be something we could go back and edit afterwards, in case we see a typo or something. I also like the extensive search features of GW. As I said before, I'd really like to see a kind of "Fic of the Week" type feature which has a panellist (perhaps it could be done on rotation?) recommending a couple of choice fics, a little like a book review in a magazine.

I think there are mixed pros and cons with a gallery. I like the idea of members being to upload pics, but at the same time, that can mean things get messy and out of control and hard to navigate. Perhaps there could be an easy submission form to submit your own pics? Then the gallery keeper could keep tabs on what goes where.
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                          I'd like to see a fic challenge section, somewhere people could post challenges and plot bunnies (Sam-centered, obviously, but maybe with areas for team and for pairings) for adoption.
                          Oh, that would DEFINITELY be a good idea. Often we have great ideas but just don't know how to realise them, and someone else can. Also, it'd be a great place to scour for inspiration.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Oh, that would DEFINITELY be a good idea. Often we have great ideas but just don't know how to realise them, and someone else can. Also, it'd be a great place to scour for inspiration.
                            I know of another site where people could put WIPs, stories that they had started but hit writers block with a few chapters in, up for adoption, either fully or just for a chapter or two to get some help back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                              Please define "set up".

Do you mean layout? Color schemes? I figured the web designer does all of that stuff, and the content is pretty general with ficathons and pictures and vids... I'm wondering how it gets more detailed than that.

:: ponders own stupidity ignorance ::
                              The web design is already SET.

I'm talking more along the lines of format.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Huh. Okay. Y'all are suspiciously quiet. I shall try again and this time, I won't be as subtle.

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE IN A SAMANDAN WEBSITE??!??

Hopefully that got someone's attention there.
                                Sam! Sam! Sam! Sam! Sam! Sam! Sam!

I don't know what I could do to help, but I'd definitely be a frequent visitor! I'd like fic, vids, graphics- you know, the works! All SC/AT all the time!

Comment

Working...
                                X