No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the WSL thread should be closed but back out and everyone should have thier posts back

we really wanted to leave it open, but people just couldn't keep it on topic and they were just arguing in circles so it was pretty much a waste of time and electrons at the moment
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Congrats RoX on 1000 posts!!!!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Night all...off to watch Stargate s9...the only thing I look forward to watching every week...can't wait for season 10 to air here next year....desperately hanging out for spoilers for 200!!!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

this is what i did yesterday

http://www.jackfic.com/stuff/

the file called 'bridge go boom'

it was kinda cool, i was a whole 549 feet away
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carson's girl
            I do miss seeing Sam using the techno babble and being the only one who can figure out the advanced weapon, or what have you. We have seen a bit of that in the later seasons, but many times she also has help from either Daniel, or one of the other scientists. I don't feel like Sam has been dumbed down or anything like that, but it is true that that aspect of her character does not seem to be seen as often.
            really? i do. i can see the reasons for it, but she just doesn't seem as quick as she used to be. she's hesitating and not thinking as far ahead. i don't know whether this is a direct result of the predictability of the plotlines (i can guess 'em, but she's not allowed to), her utter lack of a story arc, a purposeful hit to sam, or TPTB just not caring about science as much. (Dr. Lee anyone? can i please get just ONE capable scientist? just one? they can be short.)
            Originally posted by Sky

and with sound it's got more character feeling than SG.
            sigpic
            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
            Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

Me just hopes Sky wasn't running around yelling "The Ori are invading, the Ori are ivading!"
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep

And I'm still watching and hoping, too. And I totally agree about Teal'c!
                And I'd love to see them write some good scenes with Sam and Teal'c. Let's capitalize on that great relationship. You want to know what to do with Sam and Teac'l, writers--go there. (but not shippy)

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                  Mine's about done, just needs betaing. I'm paranoid about something happening to delete it, so I've saved it to my computer at home, my university computer account, ff.net, my e-mail and two floppy disks.
                  LOL-I was thinking last night that I really need to email my drafts to one of my other email accounts so there is a cyberspace save of it, in case my computer crashes.

Ahem.

Pardon me while I go off to my email program now...

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                    LOL-I was thinking last night that I really need to email my drafts to one of my other email accounts so there is a cyberspace save of it, in case my computer crashes.

Ahem.

Pardon me while I go off to my email program now...
                    you're making me nervous now
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      you're making me nervous now
                      Don't be-you said it's with your beta. So they have a copy of it, you're good.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                        really? i do. i can see the reasons for it, but she just doesn't seem as quick as she used to be. she's hesitating and not thinking as far ahead. i don't know whether this is a direct result of the predictability of the plotlines (i can guess 'em, but she's not allowed to), her utter lack of a story arc, a purposeful hit to sam, or TPTB just not caring about science as much. (Dr. Lee anyone? can i please get just ONE capable scientist? just one? they can be short.)and with sound it's got more character feeling than SG.

Yes, TPTB don't seem to care as much as they used to about the scientific aspects of the show. I guess, as far as Sam, I have trouble seeing her as less intelligent, so I attribute her lack of thinking to other factors, such as mistakes others have made, or simply the absence of a good scientific dilemma written into the story, rather than Sam being slower or what have you. As for Dr. Lee, or practically any other secondary scientist at the SGC, I completely agree with you. I was talking to my sister about this recently. What the heck is up with these people making so many mistakes? I'd like to know, first of all, how they were able to get a job at the SGC in the first place, and secondly, why they haven't been fired. Well actually, Dr. Lee wasn't that bad in the beginning, but he's always been a bit bumbling if you will. Now he is mostly there for comedy relief, but it's ridiculous how incompetent TPTB have made him.

Ok, I'm done
                        Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                        Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                          Wow Ooooober, very deep, have we told you how deep you are?
                          *Sees LAD's post, oh I guess we have *

I felt that the minute Pete got out of bed, and whinged because she wouldn't reveal classified information, she should have said good riddence, because he obviously didn't trust her, and without trust what is there And the writers failed to show the strenght of Sam's character by having her fogive him
                          That was where everything went wrong for me too. Clearly she was working on something classified and he should have understood that she couldn't talk about it. I could see her hurt reaction as he left--I took "Pete, please" to mean, please listen to me. Ok. But once he walked out & not do mention did the background check & followed her to the stake out, IMHO, it should have been bye bye buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Carson's girl
                            Yes, TPTB don't seem to care as much as they used to about the scientific aspects of the show. I guess, as far as Sam, I have trouble seeing her as less intelligent, so I attribute her lack of thinking to other factors, such as mistakes others have made, or simply the absence of a good scientific dilemma written into the story, rather than Sam being slower or what have you. As for Dr. Lee, or practically any other secondary scientist at the SGC, I completely agree with you. I was talking to my sister about this recently. What the heck is up with these people making so many mistakes? I'd like to know, first of all, how they were able to get a job at the SGC in the first place, and secondly, why they haven't been fired. Well actually, Dr. Lee wasn't that bad in the beginning, but he's always been a bit bumbling if you will. Now he is mostly there for comedy relief, but it's ridiculous how incompetent TPTB have made him.

Ok, I'm done
                            Oh CG, haven't you heard? According to TPTB at the beginning of S9, they are just a bunch of screw-ups
                            Last edited by Mandysg1; 10 August 2006, 08:37 AM.
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                              Great post AD and congrats on 3000 posts!!!
                              Wow! 3000 posts! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                JUST watched Eureka??? They aired it again???

Well hopefully someone will post a clearer copy of the preview on youtube or some file downloading site.
                                Ummm. Eureka airs every Tuesday at nine. Oh wait I posted that on Wednesday didn't I. Sorry. I TIVO'd it. Went to bed early Tuesday.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X