Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
    Oh heck, even with high speed access a lunch hour goes by way too quick, so this'll have to be my last post... Ah well after tomorrow night I can come play again!!!

I volunteered to drop out of the autograph line Saturday evening to allow Saturday-only attendees to get their autos (Amanda'd already been signing for 2.5 hours at that point and there was still a ton of people in line....) and what they did was to let those of us who did that get in line first on Sunday. Think I was like 7th or 8th or something. They brought up the woman who had bought the panda and were putting her in line a few people behind me, but I insisted she come up in front of me. Was a cute panda and the 'adoption certificate' was even cuter (she was having Amanda auto it too).

It was very sweet to hear the new Panda Mom complimenting Amanda for her matching donation, Amanda telling her no, it was really her who rocked, and then them both agreeing it was the 2nd runner up who matched their bids who *really* rocked! So $3K was raised for the charity which grants $1K grants to children who need help with medical bills they can't afford. So Shore Leavers (and AT fans!) will have helped 3 children in need!

I had to leave around 7 p.m. Sunday, and the auto line was going strong, but to show you how gracious and wonderful Amanda was, she told the con organizers that she didn't have to leave until Monday and that she would stay until every last person got their autos.

Very cool. ((((((Amanda))))))))
    Just when I thought I couldn't be more impressed by AT, there she goes and does something else wonderful. I've heard her say she likes conventions for the chance to give back to fans. Well here she's certainly proving she means it. All the while *we* are (me, virtually since I wasn't there ) trying to show her how much we support *her*.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
      Just when I thought I couldn't be more impressed by AT, there she goes and does something else wonderful. I've heard her say she likes conventions for the chance to give back to fans. Well here she's certainly proving she means it. All the while *we* are (me, virtually since I wasn't there ) trying to show her how much we support *her*.
      It's like that movie 'Pay It Forward', i swear, if the whole world were Amanda Tapping fans the world would be a much nicer place to live in... spread the love, everyone!
      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        Thus my previous statement.

I seriously, SERIOUSLY adore her.

What. A. Jewel.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Ok, here's a few more photos of Carmen and Amanda at today's Q&A.

More Shore Leave Photos

Sorry I can't post more, but I'm off to meet everyone for a farewell party.

I'll post more when I get home tomorrow.

Kat
          Thanks so much Kat. Amanda looks spectacular and Carmen is so cute!
          sigpic

Comment

I get the feeling that most of you shippers in here are for Jack/Sam, so I'll put this pic under a spoiler button. It's a between frames shot from Smoke and Mirrors, Sam and Jonas. If anyone ships those two, I thought you might like this.

Spoiler:

Comment

He probably was wondering how the beautiful woman on the TV suddenly appeared in front of him!
              I bet! That pic was so sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
                I get the feeling that most of you shippers in here are for Jack/Sam, so I'll put this pic under a spoiler button. It's a between frames shot from Smoke and Mirrors, Sam and Jonas. If anyone ships those two, I thought you might like this.

Spoiler:
                ROFL! Then you thought wrong! There's a huge mix of ship preference in here. Sam/Jack, Sam/Teal'c, Sam/Janet, Sam/Vala, Sam/Daniel.... so no need to hide your lovely screen cap! Thank you for sharing
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I had to leave around 7 p.m. Sunday, and the auto line was going strong, but to show you how gracious and wonderful Amanda was, she told the con organizers that she didn't have to leave until Monday and that she would stay until every last person got their autos.
                  Wow. The woman never ceases to amaze me. (((Amanda)))

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    ROFL! Then you thought wrong! There's a huge mix of ship preference in here. Sam/Jack, Sam/Teal'c, Sam/Janet, Sam/Vala, Sam/Daniel.... so no need to hide your lovely screen cap! Thank you for sharing
                    Thanks for clarifying! I don't have the time to keep up with all the ins and outs of the different threads.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying! I don't have the time to keep up with all the ins and outs of the different threads.
                      You're welcome. And it's IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with the ship ettiquette of every thread *sigh* Anyway, general rule is, if it's Sam/Amanda, then it's all good, regardless of ship etc.
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Hiya All.... I just wanted to share my "I've been TAPPED" experience although there are rumors that Sam Carter want's to kill me

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Comment

Spoiler:
                            wow, thats really just a cap from the episode? well done its really tough to get a cap so smooth like that. it looks like a photoshopped manip of two shots put together.

personally i wasn't a sam/jonas shipper, but i saw potential for it if they wanted to develop it. (i'm glad they didn't though. too many ships spoils the, um, well not broth... show. there we go!) loved the friendship they had on the show though. they were very cute. i miss that friendship. (or ship if you see it that way).

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                              wow, thats really just a cap from the episode? well done its really tough to get a cap so smooth like that. it looks like a photoshopped manip of two shots put together.

personally i wasn't a sam/jonas shipper, but i saw potential for it if they wanted to develop it. (i'm glad they didn't though. too many ships spoils the, um, well not broth... show. there we go!) loved the friendship they had on the show though. they were very cute. i miss that friendship. (or ship if you see it that way).
                              Yep. That was a fluke between frames. Sometimes when I hit the button, I catch them. Here's one from Descent with Sam and Paul.

It was much grainier than the Sam and Jonas one, but once I reduced the size, it was much clearer, although not as good.

Comment

Uh, excuse me for being dense but why does Sam have a black Navy JAG class A uniform on? Did she switch armed forces and not tell anyone?
                                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Working...
                                X