Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
    will you be breathing some summer air in Maryland this year???? Or are you taking a break since your 2006 AT World Tour?
    I think it was, what, 5 cons? Oh, that sounds like it was so much fun!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    As to being nervous....well, for the AT2 auction, amanda brought with her 3 paintings that she did while she was pregnant. Stuff she did, i guess, sitting at home and nesting. They were pretty little heart paintings...and she donated them to the auction and the three of them raised about 3000 pounds for the charity (ballpark figure)

so if she can take a work of art she made, schlep it across the atlantis, put it forth, risking rejecting in front of 300 people...well, i'm sure she was more nervous doing that then if she'd have tossed them up on ebay anonymously

Seriously though, no hard sell, no guilt trip. If folks aren't comfortable, that's perfectly fine. I apologize for putting anyone on the carpet.

Just please don't be afraid of us.
    It's not that I don't think I can do it. It's the nerves thing. So many great writers are contributing. But if Amanda can put herself out there like that... You people might convince me yet! I still must read the story. I'm such a procrastinator! That's another reason I don't do things like this. I'm a procrastinating chicken!

Comment

I feel sick just putting my name foward here, but if someone else who is kind of new to fanfic writing wants to pair up I would be happy to. I would love to contribute.
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

give it a read and see if it piques your muse
        Is that legal?!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
          Is that legal?!

Only in 40 states
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

so if (Amanda) can take a work of art she made,

schlep it across the atlantis
            Freudian slip, Sky?
            Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
            Quint Studer

Comment

i'll be happy to help out anyone that wants it.

something as simple as a quick beta job to someone that wants some plottage to someone that wants a little ghost writing.

There's now two of us on record that will help, and i know Julia will as well if folks would rather conspire with her. And i suspect a couple of our more experienced writers will as well.

1000 words really isn't all that much. about 2 pages or so, and you don't even have to hit the 'quota'. you can just write a couple hundred if that's how it works out.

As to being nervous....well, for the AT2 auction, amanda brought with her 3 paintings that she did while she was pregnant. Stuff she did, i guess, sitting at home and nesting. They were pretty little heart paintings...and she donated them to the auction and the three of them raised about 3000 pounds for the charity (ballpark figure)

so if she can take a work of art she made, schlep it across the atlantis, put it forth, risking rejecting in front of 300 people...well, i'm sure she was more nervous doing that then if she'd have tossed them up on ebay anonymously

Seriously though, no hard sell, no guilt trip. If folks aren't comfortable, that's perfectly fine. I apologize for putting anyone on the carpet.

Just please don't be afraid of us.

Yes. Seriously-getting help from others can make fic writing so much easier-and fun. Just ask Mandy how many times I IMed her with "does this work?" or "How am I going to get out of this place I've written myself?" among many others when I was writing my first Samfic. And she wasn't even my official beta!

It really is fun.

Speaking of the fun-I better catch up with the story so I can't be ready when it's my turn!

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                Freudian slip, Sky?
                Haha, I read Sky's post the first time as Atlantis. I thought, don't be silly you're reading what you want to read. Then I went back and read the sentence again, forcing myself to see the *correct* version. I thought nothing of it and moved on.

Shows how used to correcting myself I am.
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  Only in 40 states
                  I'm sure it's not in Oklahoma.

My LJ

Comment

i'm a bit late in this, but...

Happy New Year, Sam/Amanda Fans!

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      i'm a bit late in this, but...

Happy New Year, Sam/Amanda Fans!

sally
                      Hey Sally, Happy New Year

that must have been some party
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                        I'm sure it's not in Oklahoma.
                        It probably is in NZ, we can do anything.

Spiolers of OT adult references...

Spoiler:
                        we can legally get off our nut on absinthe (at the drinking age of 18), hire a hooker and then get married (well, get a civil union) to the hooker even if they turn out to be the same sex.

So I'm sure a little muse piquing would be fine
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          Hey Sally, Happy New Year

that must have been some party
                          That's funny. I was just thinking the same thing. Major Sal, or should I say Mrs. Anderson, did you have a good time? Me, I took two eight year olds to a heavy metal concert (don't be too hard on me it was a christian heavy metal band) and taught them how to head bang. Of course, my daughter has been complaining with a sore neck all day, so inretrospect maybe they are a bit young for a modge(?) pit....Seriously, I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year's Eve and I hope 2007 is a great one in Samanda!

Now, I was thinking about Cassie's comment at the end of 1969 earlier today. That was so early in the series, but so true. Their journeys had just begun, and it has been so much fun to watch (minus a certain season). All of the characters have grown and changed, but I don't think any have changed as much as Sam (Daniel would be the closest). Let's see how many Sam changes we can name.

I'll start. Season 1 Sam was out to prove herself, but season 10 Sam doesn't have anything to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                            LOL. Unfortunately, we are hoping to purchase a new house this spring so whether or not I make it to Maryland this year will depend on how good a deal we find. But just in case, I've already booked a room at the hotel. So there is a small chance I will be there. Though I may have to bring mini-me with me.
                            It would be great to met mini-K - I hope you do make it again this year - What about you SPAZ will you be satying up all night with me in Baltimore this summer
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Okay Sky - since it looks like everyone is joining in on the fic (which is great so far by the way) add me to the list but understand that if my turn comes up during either of the two honor events or jazz festivals I have the next month I will have to pass.
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

So do we know for sure that Amanda will be at Shore Leave this year? Has she committed to any conventions yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X