Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
    I should clarify...I am anti-Sam with...
    Hammond/Landry/Maybourne/Vidrine/Lt. Elliot...
    I could think of more if I try. For me, part of the issue is the chain of command. I don't see Sam screwing around with that. *shrugs*

I'm not too keen on Sam/Cam, but that's a hazy area since they are equal rank...if they were to be on different teams then maybe...or something that happened earlier in their careers before he came to the SGC...maybe a little Hurt/Comfort when he was recovering from the crash. *shrugs*
    Me neither. I cannot see Sam breaking regulations for a selfish reason (if you know what I mean). I'm not that kinda shipper, either. But I do infer that Jack and Sam are no longer in the same direct chain of command right now, so I think it's okay for them to "play", finally. Amanda mentions that also in one of her Sci-Fi promo spots, that now the two of them are no longer in the same chain of command, maybe they can "have some fun". I really believe that the military barrier (in so far as regulations are concerned) no longer exists between them. I'm sure there are those who can and will happily rationalize and argue otherwise, but I disagree. So in my mind, there's no law against it anymore... (I think TPTB rationalize similarily) and I say therefore... bring it!

mini(the shameless shipper)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      Me neither. I cannot see Sam breaking regulations in a physical way (if you know what I mean). I'm not that kinda shipper, either. But I do infer that Jack and Sam are no longer in the same direct chain of command right now, so I think it's okay for them to "play", finally. Amanda mentions that also in one of her Sci-Fi promo spots, that now the two of them are no longer in the same chain of command, maybe they can "have some fun". I really believe that the military barrier (in so far as regulations are concerned) no longer exists between them. I'm sure there are those who can and will happily rationalize and argue otherwise, but I disagree. So in my mind, there's no law against it anymore... and I say therefore... bring it!

mini(the shameless shipper)geek
      Depends on Jack's oversight. If the International Committee has basically taken over the job that Hammond used to do from Homeland Security then, yes, I would agree that Jack and Sam can play, however...you knew it was coming...I don't see him able to make the full committment that she will want. So, the best case scenario I see for Jack/Sam ship is that they get together once the regs allow, but one day Sam gets fed up because Jack won't marry her.

Comment

Really? I see the opposite. I'd think Jack would get fed up first because Sam won't marry him. I think after everything she's been through, marriage right now would not necessarily be something she's yearning for. If anything, I'd think Jack would be the one to start balking the status quo there, getting out of the military all together, etc. Sam would be the one who'd be knee-deep in her work. If ya ask me.
        That's plausible. I'm thinking in terms of she would have to give up her career to be with him, but if all you see for ship is horseplay, well, sure. I can see that if the regs aren't in the way, but when I think of ship, I go long term. To me, pairings and ship are different creatures. Like Jack/Daniel...very popular...I see the pairing, but for longterm ship...they'd probably end up killing each other.

But I digress....

My fave Sam pairing that I actually wrote was Sam/Paul. Of course, they were under the influence of an alien device to start out, but all it did was enhance the attraction already there. I even gave Jack/Sam a bit of action since he was infected too. A nice lusty triangle..complete with Jack punching Paul in the nose.

Comment

So, the best case scenario I see for Jack/Sam ship is that they get together once the regs allow, but one day Sam gets fed up because Jack won't marry her.
          Really? I see the opposite. I'd think Jack would get fed up first because Sam won't marry him. I think after everything she's been through, marriage right now would not necessarily be something she's yearning for. If all Sam wanted was to get married, she'd have married Pete. See, it was a lot more than Jack that caused Sam to reconsider the whole "Pete" scenario, if you ask me. The entire scenario spooked her way out. On a number of levels. I think Sam still has issues she needs to resolve (unrelated to Jack or Pete or anyone else). If anything, I'd think Jack would be the one to start balking the status quo and trying to barter for a wedding, he'd be the one talking about getting out of the military all together, etc. Sam would be the one who'd be knee-deep in her work. Therein would lie the potential for a whole slew of problems. Which isn't to say they'd be insurmountable. But it'd make for some damn good character conflict, that's for sure. I don't think Sam can marry *anybody* until she sorts out those issues she's got. And we ain't seen nuthin' yet ... imho.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            And what exactly did you think Samanda is?

*smacks vice president*
            oh, i remembered, i just liked reading/hearing it.

~and remember, i'm the vice president... i'm supposed to be half brained. ~

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

That's plausible. I'm thinking in terms of she would have to give up her career to be with him, but if all you see for ship is horseplay, well, sure. I can see that if the regs aren't in the way,
              No, I don't see that at all. I see Sam and Jack as a flawed, potentially volitile and difficult pairing. Which is why I like it so much. There's so much potential for angst, it has to flow both ways. I think (at the end of the day when the sun sets and everyone rides off into it with a smile), Sam and Jack could definitely be married and end up happy together, but I think the journey there would be long and fraught with conflict. Both of those characters thrive on conflict. They're not stimulated with "easy" or "normal". They need angst - which makes them both sort of messed up, but that again is very apt, if you're looking for a great dramatic "pairing". I don't see anything easy about Sam and Jack, initially, (and like Sam Carter, I'm a sucker for that lunatic fringe...lol), so I like to see it in my story-book romances too. All that UST has to go someplace, after all....

Comment

Congrats on 1,900 posts!

Just for you...

caption -

sam: 'jack, don't you think this is the wrong time to try to cop a feel?!?'

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

More S10 episode photos have been released, these from Insiders (10x04)

http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/sgs1004.html

Some good ones with Sam!!!
                  Spoiler:
                  ZOMG, SAM/VALA INTERROGATION!

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
                    Dude, emu's are scary scary things... not at all cuddly... nope. Scary, evil emu's!

Umm, Panda's so much cuter, less evil - more fur. All's good.
                    Hey, don't dis the emu. He's a leader in the Royal Aviary. And if he thinks he's cuddly... But it is true, usually we sic the emu on any threats to the kingdom.

Comment

No, I don't see that at all. I see Sam and Jack as a flawed, potentially volitile and difficult pairing. Which is why I like it so much. There's so much potential for angst, it has to flow both ways. I think (at the end of the day when the sun sets and everyone rides off into it with a smile), Sam and Jack could definitely be married and end up happy together, but I think the journey there would be long and fraught with conflict. Both of those characters thrive on conflict. They're not stimulated with "easy" or "normal". They need angst - which makes them both sort of messed up, but that again is very apt, if you're looking for a great dramatic "pairing". I don't see anything easy about Sam and Jack, initially, (and like Sam Carter, I'm a sucker for that lunatic fringe...lol), so I like to see it in my story-book romances too. All that UST has to go someplace, after all....
                      Fair enough. Like I said, I'm neutral. Under the right circumstances, I can entertain a variety of scenarios. And, personally, I think to go 'anti-ship' on any pairing is to miss out on the fun. I don't read a lot of Jack/Daniel since it's so over done, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy that pairing on occassion. I think I'm starting to ramble...and I must leave soon, but I have enjoyed this chat very much. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        Hey, don't dis the emu. He's a leader in the Royal Aviary. And if he thinks he's cuddly... But it is true, usually we sic the emu on any threats to the kingdom.
                        I have you know I am a threat to no kingdom, and they like to sic me .

Evil creatures. Not cute. Evil and calulating. They are going to take over the world you know. We should be thankful they don't have access to the Stargate, they'd give the Ori a run for their money (okay, a rat could too... but rats not so scary as Emu).
                        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark

Spoiler:
                          also for some reason this made me laugh
                          Spoiler:
                          vala doesn't tuck the bottom of her bdu trousers into her boots

not really worth the spoiler tags, was it?

but i can see what amanda was talking about when she spoke of
                          Spoiler:
                          her reaction to vala and how she doesn't exactly do things according to standard operations and regulations and whatnot. i'm curious to see how they play this stuff out. so that caught my attention.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            caption -

sam: 'jack, don't you think this is the wrong time to try to cop a feel?!?'

sally

Yeah...just where is his hand heading there?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark

Spoiler:
                              AT looks great! And I see Sam has her P90. Yay for Action Sam!

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Interesting to note that as of the 4th Episode, Vala is offworld with the team but not wearing an SG1 patch or even an SGC patch

Comment

Working...
                                X