Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Woo! Me too! Sweet! What sessions are your tickets for? You can PM me or post on the Avalon thread if you'd like.
    Friday morning, which was my first choice. CONGRATS, Kat!!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
      I can't believe I left out Chimera. That episode was... Come on, Sam! The guy stalked you! That's just freaky. I hate to think she was THAT desperate. She should have dumped him! Not only did he put his own life in danger, Pete risked ruining the entire stakeout and getting more people hurt. As a cop, he should have known better. And Sam...maybe she still hadn't fully recovered from the Prometheus incident. Her judgment must have been clouded.
      my first problem with him was the way he treated her the morning after they slept together. first he tried demeaning her about the importance of her job versus the importance of his, then he just stormed off like a spoiled child who didn't get his own way. and to top it all off he won't take or return her calls, follows her, and she just takes him back no questions asked. its the worst writing i've seen in the first eight years of stargate. i know that sam has some personal issues and isn't all that great in dealing with her personal life and all that, but do the writers really want us to believe that she has so many issues and is so insecure that she would just accept this from a guy? nope, they actually didn't see anything wrong with what pete did. huh, turns out is still makes me a little angry today. and i haven't even watched the episode in full for probably a couple of years.

gggrrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        Thanks Tracy! I've never been so happy to charge $500 to my credit card, LOL (d'oh!)
        I bet There's no way on Earth I could have afforded it. Not at the moment, but I'll be seeing Amanda once anyway at Gabit, and she's far more important than seeing RDA, in my book. I'll happily let the RDA fans get their chance to meet him. Hopefully I'll be too busy in November to be going to that many conventions anyway Let's see how this application pans out, eh?

But Kat and Mini, you are going to have so much fun!!!
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
          my first problem with him was the way he treated her the morning after they slept together. first he tried demeaning her about the importance of her job versus the importance of his, then he just stormed off like a spoiled child who didn't get his own way. and to top it all off he won't take or return her calls, follows her, and she just takes him back no questions asked.
          I felt the same way, SB. That scene really bothered me (for all the reasons you just outlined). I found it OOC for Sam and I didn't think the Pete character was a strong enough or endearing enough character to get away with that kind of attitude. What it seemed to indicate was that Sam was so desperate for a relationship that worked, she sacrificed her pride and her integrity on the alter of hope for 'normalcy'. I didn't hate every scene with Pete, but that one probably 'broke' him (for me) in terms of his viability and believability as a real love interest for Sam Carter.

Comment

Friday morning, which was my first choice. CONGRATS, Kat!!
            Hey! AmberMoon and I got tickets to Fri Morning as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              I bet There's no way on Earth I could have afforded it. Not at the moment, but I'll be seeing Amanda once anyway at Gabit, and she's far more important than seeing RDA, in my book. I'll happily let the RDA fans get their chance to meet him. Hopefully I'll be too busy in November to be going to that many conventions anyway !
              I almost didn't go for the same reasons, Tracy (Re: RDA). He's great and all, but I'm far more a fan of Amanda's. At work, they're not *thrilled* with the idea, either, but I told them I'd never been to the UK before and it was something I was just going to do, so they acquiesced. I think it'll be neat to see the sights, too. That's another part of it, coming from all the way over here. But it's a busy time of year, November. We always have a lot of post projects on the go that time of year.

Comment

Hey! AmberMoon and I got tickets to Fri Morning as well!
                COOL! Maybe we can all somehow sit near one another.

Comment

I felt the same way, SB. That scene really bothered me (for all the reasons you just outlined). I found it OOC for Sam and I didn't think the Pete character was a strong enough or endearing enough character to get away with that kind of attitude. What it seemed to indicate was that Sam was so desperate for a relationship that worked, she sacrificed her pride and her integrity on the alter of hope for 'normalcy'. I didn't hate every scene with Pete, but that one probably 'broke' him (for me) in terms of his viability and believability as a real love interest for Sam Carter.

For someone as special as Sam, he didn't strike me as remarkable enough to be a real love interest for her-or someone that could hold her interest. He was normal! He also hadn't done anything to gain Sam's trust and make her want him back after the crud he pulled. Not only was he not good enough for Sam(IMO), he was sneaky and underhanded! I have nothing against DDL-the writers just wrote his role poorly.

Comment

oh i actually liked pete for the first 20 minutes. then i just felt that he started to show a controlling nature. i actually feel that sam felt pressured into inviting him into her house in the first place, that she wasn't ready to take that step but he was pushing her a little so she thought why not. she has a problem with failing, and to fail at a relationship because she wasn't ready to take it further or because she and/or he felt she couldn't commit or whatever might have been a factor in her not wanting to reject him again even though she didn't seem quite ready for that next step. and that again seems a little out of character for sam. i wouldn't like to think she'd give in to that kind of pressure so quickly.

this to me was the first real sign of the writers (or maybe one writer) making sam into what they want her to be. it seems to me that certain writers feel that its ok to treat women this way, to demean and weaken them and that its ok and its how women either are or should be. and i never had this kind of problem with stargate until season 7. and even then it was just occasional until season 9.

i'll shut up now, because i can psychoanalyse chimera to death!

Comment

Sam: ...bless Cassie and Mark and his family. Oh and if you're not too busy, could you say hello to Janet and my mom and dad. Let them know that I love and miss them all very much. And please keep an extra eye on George and Jack. I know they are both very capable men, but I really do worry about them now that they don't have SG-1 watching their backs. Oh and one last thing...please please please give Daniel, Teal'c and I the strength to deal with Mitchell and Vala's shenanigans. We really are doing our best, but we may need a little extra help if you know what I mean. Amen.

adding on, by sally--> Oh, one more thing... if you want to give Mitchell and Vala their own team, I wouldn't object one bit. I know it's a bit of a farout idea, which I'm sure didn't escape you... hey, let their team be called Farscape 1!'

hope you didn't mind the add-on?

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Sweet news. Just got my AVALON registration confirmation email and sent it back, now all that's left is to PAY (once they tell me how!) Yay - London marathon in November, it is!

-
                        that means you're going to 'avalon'?

YAAAAAAY!!!

super hugs

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          that means you're going to 'avalon'?

YAAAAAAY!!!

super hugs

sally
                          Yep it sure does! Well, I have to pay first - but that's a technicality.

Thanks for the hugs, Sal **hugs back**

geeek (My dog just came by and gave me a big sloppy kiss on the arm - guess that means he wants to go too... heh )

Comment

I really loved the idea that sam was having a boyfriend cause she is just a normal person... and as much as I wanted that she was going with Jack that wasn't possible at that time
                            But pete??? really?? I mean I didn't like him at all. He was a stalker not more not less.
                            He was trying to be funny, at the begining when they are having coffee togheter. But he wasn't that funny at all... why did she laughs with him is still strange. I mean if he isn't funny you don't laugh.
                            then going to the movie the only thing he think about is going to bed and action... there is so much more but no he doesn't see that...and that doesn't bothers sam??? Come on...
                            Ok Pete was really nice to take her to that party... was really romantic but what happened after it... I mean they didn't date that long but still...
                            And then the stalking begin... oh and than I really started to hate him. How can you like someone who follows you and ask friends for who you are... I mean she can have so much better. she is beautiful, smart, funny, caring,...
                            But the main problem of sam is that she has not the time for dating so that is why she ended with Pete (it was a friend of her brother and well it was a setup... with someone who likes nice but isn't)

Sam should be with Jack ( I know some of you don't like that idea but he is really the one for her)

Comment

Woo! Me too! Sweet! What sessions are your tickets? You can PM me or post on the Avalon thread if you'd like.
                              i'm trying not to spam this thread with OT, but i just wanted to say congratz!!

and thank you, la doyle, for the luv.

yes, i couldn't green either one of you.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                i'm trying not to spam this thread with OT, but i just wanted to say congratz!!

and thank you, la doyle, for the luv.

yes, i couldn't green either one of you.

sally

Here, Sal, some Season 10 LUV instead of the green it won't let me give ya either...

Spoiler:

-

Comment

Working...
                                X