• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    /me slaps minigeek around with a large salmon
    Ow...

Ooo, Salmon Jack! I like that Salmon!

Ok, fine, I'll sign up for the d*mn fic-a-thon, twist my (admittedly rubber) arm. At least this way, my first foray into stargate fanfic will have some much needed direction - assuming they're daft enough to LET me write something. Which remains to be seen.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      I believe that's been done.
      Spoiler:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2501971/1/

Rather hilariously, I might add.
      What else then? Hmm...

Spoiler:
      Werewolves?

Oh, hi everyone!
      Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
      Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Ow...

Ooo, Salmon Jack! I like that Salmon!

Ok, fine, I'll sign up for the d*mn fic-a-thon, twist my (admittedly rubber) arm. At least this way, my first foray into stargate fanfic will have some much needed direction - assuming they're daft enough to LET me write something. Which remains to be seen.
        Psst mini, remember there are no fish in Jack's pond, so I am wondering where that salmon came from
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
          Psst mini, remember there are no fish in Jack's pond, so I am wondering where that salmon came from
          Hey, did you not see MOEBIUS? That there at the end was a FISH. Oh yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            Psst, Mandy, remember that post-Moebius there are fish in Jack's pond.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

You got there first, huh?
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                You got there first, huh?
                It was a photo finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                  Psst, Mandy, remember that post-Moebius there are fish in Jack's pond.
                  Well maybe a bass, but not a Salmon
                  (hmm? has Thor been doing Jack some favours?)
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Lol go Mini

Is it gen fic if she's in a relationship with me??

But... if Sam's not in a romantic relationship, then, what is there to write about?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                      Lol go Mini

Is it gen fic if she's in a relationship with me??

Only if your name is gen. Otherwise, I fear you're SOL, darlin'

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                        Here's a passage from a fic that seems to handle the team dynamic appropriately, respects the main characters and catches just the right tone and wording with the humor (it would all play well in a real episode) There's also a scene later on in the chapter which does a great job at capturing Jack, the leader, making the proper decisions (he makes a decision that gives both Mitchell and Lam a bit of what they each want... and yet neither of them gets everything they want).

A Pond With No Fish
                        That sounds like such a cool fic, can't wait to read it. The dialogue you posted is awesome. Is it a WIP, do you know?

mg
                        Yes, it's still WIP - I'll let folks know when it's complete

Comment

Hehe, I noticed the 'Stargate Novus' fic series got updated recently

Basically, its an AU where women are the dominant gender rather than men (actually, I think the idea for the fic came from the comment Amanda Tapping made about how she'd like to go to planet where women were exactly that). In addition, various character from other fandoms have been fused into the Stargate universe. General Kathryn Janeway is in command of the SGC. Colonel O'Neill is still in command of SG1 (succeeding in a womans world, in contrast to Sam succeeding in mans world ), Major Carter is second in command, Dr Lara Croft is the team's archeological/linguist expert and Xen'a is the former first prime to Apophis. There's a whole heap of other characters in the story too (Major Aeryn Sun, President Laura Roslin, Willow Rosenburg, Dr Kerry Weaver to name a few. There's a full 'cast list' at the link above). It's really quite an amusing read, if slightly cracked (in a good way ).
                          Now, its also femslash (Sam/Janet mainly but theres a few other crossover pairings), but its not explicit at all. It is mainly an action/adventure series

Comment

Oh! A Sam-fic-a-thon? Sounds interesting.

Yesterday, I asked my little brother who he thought should lead SG-1. He quickly replied Sam. I was SO proud! Maybe with his sister's influence, he won't grow up to be a male chau-okay I sense hope for him.

Apparently Mitchell doesn't exude any leadership qualities(big surprise), because I don't even think he was aware Sam wasn't leading SG-1, at least not officially.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                              Oh! A Sam-fic-a-thon? Sounds interesting.

Yesterday, I asked my little brother who he thought should lead SG-1. He quickly replied Sam. I was SO proud! Maybe with his sister's influence, he won't grow up to be a male chau-okay I sense hope for him.

Apparently Mitchell doesn't exude any leadership qualities(big surprise), because I don't even think he was aware Sam wasn't leading SG-1, at least not officially.
                              Sounds like your little brother is pretty smart.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                                Sounds like your little brother is pretty smart.
                                Smarter than he looks! I accidently got him hooked to the show...whoops!

Comment

Working...
                                X