Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
    Not that I don't love Daniel to pieces*Hugs Danny*, but I feel like talking about Sam from the early seasons. I just got season 3 for my birthday, and I have to say there are so many good eps in that season. I'm thinking about watching Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know, simply because AT does such amazing acting in that two parter.

Also, when I watch Learning Curve, I think that Sam's daughter would turn out something like Merrin. A little rocket scientist, just like mom!

Not that AT isn't pretty all the time, but in S3, she looks exceptionally beautiful, IMHO. *wishes she was as gorgeous as AT*
    You know at one point we were talking about (ok, *I* was talking about ) doing a "best AT acting" tournament by season once we finished the "best Sam episode" one. Anyone interested? Any volunteers to run it?

Comment

Did we ever even do "best S8 Sam ep"?
      sigpic

Comment

Here you go, made this this a.m. I have been a very neglectful Samanda fan, my bad. If you want to snurch, please ask.
        http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...quette/aw3.gif

Thanks Suekay for the sig!
        http://www.fanfiction.net/~gatergina71

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Actually the spoilers from The Shroud do come from casting sides.
          Ah, I stand corrected then. Perchance do the sides have the writer of the episode listed?

Please not Mallozzi, please not Mallozzi, please not Mallozzi..........

Comment

Sometimes spoilers give me such a headache!

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Ginalynn71
              Here you go, made this this a.m. I have been a very neglectful Samanda fan, my bad. If you want to snurch, please ask.
              http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...quette/aw3.gif
              Gina, very powerful and lovely words fitting for a great person as AT

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                Did we ever even do "best S8 Sam ep"?
                no, it kinda got lost.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  So historically speaking, do the SG-1 casting sides usually always end up the same once the show airs? I know for a lot of other shows, those kinds of sides can end up completely different and/or end up being scenes that are not even in the show by the time it airs.
                  i think it depends

for example, stargate sides are guest actor driven only. so unless a principal is ineracting with the guest, they're not in it.

the guest actor could also be part of a very minor plot point not the A story

i've never had access to them over a long enough period of time to adequately compare side to finished product. maybe others have
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Here's a passage from a fic that seems to handle the team dynamic appropriately, respects the main characters and catches just the right tone and wording with the humor (it would all play well in a real episode)
                    Originally posted by A Pond With No Fish, Ch 17 by Rachel500
                    ‘So, having a good first day, Mitchell?’ Jack asked dryly seeing the movement.

‘Well, I haven’t been taken over by an alien yet, sir,’ Mitchell replied, ‘but I have lost Colonel Carter.’

Jack saw the crushed look Mitchell was trying to hide and knew it was guilt that the Jaffa had gotten past him to Sam. His own anger at the other’s man failure to protect her briefly competed with his professionalism before the latter won out. He cleared his throat. ‘Yeah, I may have not mentioned the fifth rule; expect that you will lose Carter occasionally. When was the first time we lost her?’ He asked Daniel. ‘Third, fourth mission?’

‘Fourth.’ Daniel said.

‘There you go. Fourth mission.’ Jack said gesturing. ‘Some kid kidnapped and sold her that time.’

‘Sir…’ Mitchell appreciated what the general was trying to do but…

‘The sixth rule, Mitchell,’ Jack continued talking over him, ‘is always find Carter when you lose her.’ He held the other man’s gaze. ‘OK?’

‘OK, sir.’ Mitchell responded.

Jack saw the younger man relax a little. ‘And hey, on the upside, you haven’t been taken over by an alien.’

‘The day’s young.’ Mitchell quipped.
                    There's also a scene later on in the chapter which does a great job at capturing Jack, the leader, making the proper decisions (he makes a decision that gives both Mitchell and Lam a bit of what they each want... and yet neither of them gets everything they want).

A Pond With No Fish
                    Last edited by astrogeologist; 07 June 2006, 10:45 AM.

Comment

congrats tj on finishing your exams. cant wait to finish mine of saturday, unfor all my mates finished today and already out celebrating so im going to drag them out on saturday although im sure most of the wont refuse.

i was watching some of season 4 earlier and i still think that it is my fav season. sam's great in it (although thats true of all seasons- star that she is) but i also like the team as a whole and of course the jack/sam scenes help too

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                        So historically speaking, do the SG-1 casting sides usually always end up the same once the show airs? I know for a lot of other shows, those kinds of sides can end up completely different and/or end up being scenes that are not even in the show by the time it airs.
                        Are you asking if the placement of the sides that are released matches the placement of the episode broadcasts? <-- did that even make sense??

If you ARE asking that , I'm not sure. I'd imagine the stuff will get jumbled quite a bit. This is the first season where it seems that so many Average Joe Stargate fans go looking for sides at Showfax. I never even knew the site existed before a few months ago.

Comment

From experience, I know that sometimes, the casting sides don't always end up in the episode itself. Those scenes may end up modified and/or deleted from the final cut. I haven't followed any trends where Stargate is concerned, so I was wondering if anyone else here had, long term. For those who have followed the casting sides for SG-1 in the long-term, I was asking: how often do you read a side and then see it appear (as written) once the episode airs. Is it most of the time?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                            Are you asking if the placement of the sides that are released matches the placement of the episode broadcasts? <-- did that even make sense??
                            no.
                            mg: i haven't been following it closely, but i have heard numerous complaint/comments like the one sky brought up. 'course, one tends ONLY to hear the complaints, so i'm not sure. on another note: I HAVEN'T OPENED THE TAGS YET!!! yay!!! apparently i have the will of slightly harder cheese.
                            sigpic
                            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                            Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Fly by post...

This is a promo pic picture from the Mitchell thread I thought you would all like to see. Amanda looks lovely as always.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                                Ah, I stand corrected then. Perchance do the sides have the writer of the episode listed?

Please not Mallozzi, please not Mallozzi, please not Mallozzi..........
                                Nope, it doesn't say who the writer is. Normally they do, but this one doesn't have the normal Stargate information at the beginning of the script. It just says "Teaser" then the script dialogue and "End Teaser". We learn about
                                Spoiler:
                                Daniel becoming a Prior
                                at the very end of the teaser.

Comment

Working...
                                X