Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    Back on the medals thing. Here is what real life astronaut Air Force Colonel Eileen Collins earned:
    SPECIAL HONORS: Defense Superior Service Medal, Distinguished Flying Cross, Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster, Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal for service in Grenada (Operation Urgent Fury, October 1983), French Legion of Honor, NASA Outstanding Leadership Medal, NASA Space Flight Medals.

(source:NASA (http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/Bios/htmlbios/collins.html)
    so sam SERIOUSLY needs more fruit salad on her dress uni
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It doesn't make sense that she wouldn't have a great big plaque full of that stuff by now. Very definitely a prop issue - probably they just don't care enough about it to pay attention to that detail.

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

You know how I have this thing about Sam's absence at the beginning of S9 should have been due to heroic wounds? In reviewing season 6, in Memento I was half expecting her to take a bullet for the alien leader (Robert Foxworth). Picture an alternative version of the ending: they're so impressed that this alien woman (Sam) would protect one of their own that they're ashamed of themselves and resolve the situation peacefully.
        Instead TPRTS took the easy (read "lazy") way out and wrote a slip-shod, illogical, unbelievable pile of horse-sh__ to explain away her absence and take away her command in favor of an immature, irresponsible, flyboy, who doesn't have one tenth the ability or experience to command the elilte SGC team that Carter has. Why should I have expected more from cooper and his merry men after the sorry way they portrayed Carter since mid S7 (IMO). They are too busy writing the "funny" stuff and trying to write, direct and produce 40 shows a year - and doing a lousy job at it.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          It doesn't make sense that she wouldn't have a great big plaque full of that stuff by now. Very definitely a prop issue - probably they just don't care enough about it to pay attention to that detail.

mg
          oh yean. and somethng so easily corrected. bet it'd take the military advisor - if they ever let her out of that closet they locked her in - fifteen minutes to give htem a list of the awards sam should have

have we seen cam in his dress unies???? is cam's fruit salad bigger than sam's?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            Oh, I guarantee it will be.
            Last edited by Strix varia; 11 May 2006, 11:59 AM.

My LJ

Comment

that'd be funny...but knowing sam, she'd just pull a few strings and get chloe on the ship too
              I'm sure she'd be willing to offer Teal'c a place on her crew too. Daniel's wanted to go to Atlantis for ages, and I'm sure he'd find a niche there.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

You know how I have this thing about Sam's absence at the beginning of S9 should have been due to heroic wounds? In reviewing season 6, in Memento I was half expecting her to take a bullet for the alien leader (Robert Foxworth). Picture an alternative version of the ending: they're so impressed that this alien woman (Sam) would protect one of their own that they're ashamed of themselves and resolve the situation peacefully.
                I love that your post is Post 38,500 in Samanda and that the topic just nails one of the plots that would have been a winner for AT's brief maternity leave!

Many of us were hoping for something heroic like this to occur ... Sam Carter seriously wounded in the line of duty. Golly, what I would have given to see her (honoring many of today's real-life women warriors) coming back and going through a tough recovery period and showing true Carter grit - one episode in S9, early. It would have worked well considering she herself as a new momma was showing some fatigue onscreen anyhow. The big boys blew it! We would have had excellent acting, angst, courage, team involvement, new guy going out on missions until she was fit for duty again but still some terrific scenes in a hospital room ... er, I GOT IT ... Sam's lying in bed and Cam comes in to award her the CMOH ... yeah, actually ... forget Cam ... Jack O'Neill flies in from Wash DC and, along with SG1, enters the room and awards Carter her medal.
                Last edited by ChopinGal; 11 May 2006, 11:53 AM.

Comment

I'd say that would be a pretty safe bet. He also has his chocolate CMOH.

Comment

Ah, but you see the problem with that scenario is that not only does it provide no opening, however small or senseless, for Mitchell to take command and keep it after Sam's return, it would also involve making somebody who isn't Mitchell the hero for a few minutes.

Your storyline is far better than anything TPTB tried to feed us. I could definitely see Sam taking a bullet for an alien leader and impressing him and his people. She could have been in hospital (with Daniel and Teal'c's halves of phone calls being shown) for the first few episodes, then brought back when she recovered.

Comment

Cam is in his dress blues in the first episode of season 9. He was fondling the gate...
                      sigpic

Comment

ah yes, molesting the gate. how soon i forget.

and y'all are right. cam can and WILL be the hewo while sam will continue to be underappreciated....just like it is in real life.

gender bias is real,and alive and kicking on the show.

ahem, ok, so how come no one has sent me one single vote for the best sam eps of s6???????

not one. nothing today, i'm feeling neglected

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                          Cam is in his dress blues in the first episode of season 9. He was fondling the gate...
                          But I bet he'll have a bunch more medals next time they show him again. Nothing wrong with that, really, except that Sam hasn't added too many over the years.

I did always think it was odd that Jacob had so few as a general. So you have to wonder how much attention they pay to such things.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                            But I bet he'll have a bunch more medals next time they show him again. Nothing wrong with that, really, except that Sam hasn't added too many over the years.

I did always think it was odd that Jacob had so few as a general. So you have to wonder how much attention they pay to such things.
                            Hey as long as the lead male looks good, no one else matters
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia

I always thought of Jacob as more of being in an administrative capacity. It was still odd about being the rank of Major General and having only 9 ribbons.
                              sigpic

Comment

If we could figure out how to put together the proper fruid-salad for Sam, how much would it cost us to do it? Anyone know?

geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X