Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    I don't think she gave up too soon. Hadn't she seen 2 guys die horribly by the time of the head on shoulder scene? I think she was very weakened by that time. But even though she knew she was dying, she was still thinking and pitching in with ideas.
    I agree with ya jckfan.

*salutes*

Sam had already seen what the end result of Nirti's device was...twice. Plus she felt it. She knew something was wrong. Her body was starting to literally deconstruct and she knew there was no way to stop it from happening.

And had Jack not been able to get through to TweedleDee and TweedleDum, we would have been left with a big splashy puddle where a brilliant astrophysicist/kickbutt soldier once lay.

It's important to note that Sam is one of the few that almost always gives up last. She continues fighting no matter the odds. In Last Stand, she kept moving forward...kept pulling the boulders away because that's what she does. She keeps fighting until she can't fight anymore.

So the fact that she acknowledged her fate in Metamorphosis...in essence, gave up hope that she'd make it out of that situation...is very telling as to how bad her condition really was.
    Originally posted by suse
    One Last Snark Title

Camelot - Let's not go there, 'tis a very silly place.

Suse
    One LAST?!??

We've barely touched some of the other seasons. Snark away, my friends...SNARK AWAY!

One of my favorite Snark Titles was for Metamorphosis.

Metamorphosis...or...Clean Up on Aisle Six.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      I agree with ya jckfan.

*salutes*

Sam had already seen what the end result of Nirti's device was...twice. Plus she felt it. She knew something was wrong. Her body was starting to literally deconstruct and she knew there was no way to stop it from happening.

And had Jack not been able to get through to TweedleDee and TweedleDum, we would have been left with a big splashy puddle where a brilliant astrophysicist/kickbutt soldier once lay.

It's important to note that Sam is one of the few that almost always gives up last. She continues fighting no matter the odds. In Last Stand, she kept moving forward...kept pulling the boulders away because that's what she does. She keeps fighting until she can't fight anymore.

So the fact that she acknowledged her fate in Metamorphosis...in essence, gave up hope that she'd make it out of that situation...is very telling as to how bad her condition really was.
      Good point and I also agree. As for Sam not giving up easily, it's yet another thing that I admire about her.

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      One LAST?!??

We've barely touched some of the other seasons. Snark away, my friends...SNARK AWAY!

One of my favorite Snark Titles was for Metamorphosis.

Metamorphosis...or...Clean Up on Aisle Six.

I have a dumb question. What does Snark mean?
      Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
      Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
        I'm sorry to be a pain in the mikta, but can someone please tell me if there is a thread out there for Amanda Tapping - like the RDA appreciation thread. Is this the only thread remotely close to that? I happen to think that Sam is a great character but I want to discuss Amanda more so than Sam. So, once again, I'm sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but is there an Amanda Tapping appreciation thread out there that I have somehow missed?! Thanks everyone for your patience.
        everything's pretty much in one thread. there were a couple of amanda threads a few months ago, but they just petered out and folks came in here.

we certainly allow squeeage about amanda in here,but if you want a pure 'wow' or 'thunk' thread, then you may want to start one.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carson's girl
          I have a dumb question. What does Snark mean?
          slang for sarcastic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            well
            Spoiler:
            they had naked secks in bed...a few times

so, definitely some ship resolution there
            Hmmm....sounds promising.....but that first happened a couple of weeks ago. Have they
            Spoiler:
            made any decision about whether they'll stay together long-term?

Comment

In my sig, Sam is shown with long hair. Is this just a wig?
              sigpic
              She enjoys fresh decrepit-pegasus patties. 99% Lean pegasus burgers.

I have been reincarnated as Teyla's Gymnastic Dance Sticks! Whoot!

When I quote you, I will post my opinion in bold inside of the quote box. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                Hmmm....sounds promising.....but that first happened a couple of weeks ago. Have they
                Spoiler:
                made any decision about whether they'll stay together long-term?
                probably not until this week, it's the series finale

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alterans
                  In my sig, Sam is shown with long hair. Is this just a wig?
                  it's a wig

sigpic

Comment

it's a wig
                    the best of the three, in fact

Comment

I wish it was real. AT with curly long hair... whew... if she curled it
                      sigpic
                      She enjoys fresh decrepit-pegasus patties. 99% Lean pegasus burgers.

I have been reincarnated as Teyla's Gymnastic Dance Sticks! Whoot!

When I quote you, I will post my opinion in bold inside of the quote box. Deal with it.

Comment

probably not until this week, it's the series finale
                        Where have I heard that before????? Oh yes, SG-1.

It's been oooober quiet here today. What has everyone been doing?

Studying up on how to defeat the Ori?

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          Where have I heard that before????? Oh yes, SG-1.

[B][CENTER]It's been oooober quiet here today. What has everyone been doing?
                          Well, suffering GW withdrawal symptoms. From what I understand, the server was trying to download the php script instead of run it, so the forums weren't working all day.

I read a bit, got some work done and generally moaned about my lack of GW. So a pretty normal day.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Shooting up a few bad guys?

Comment

Letting your little light shine?

Which wouldn't be difficult with this talented group!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                                Well, suffering GW withdrawal symptoms. From what I understand, the server was trying to download the php script instead of run it, so the forums weren't working all day.

I read a bit, got some work done and generally moaned about my lack of GW. So a pretty normal day.
                                Ah.....that explains why we've only moved two pages today. Thanks, TJ!
                                Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 10 May 2006, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X