• Show
Clear All

min, i LOVE your sigpic!!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

ahem, ok, so how come no one has sent me one single vote for the best sam eps of s6???????

not one. nothing today, i'm feeling neglected
      i did! the day the lovely pictures were online for the ep choosing.

maybe you need to check your mail, because i've also sent you 2 personal ones that you haven't replied to...

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
        If Sam wore all she deserved she'd look like a blinkin christmas tree.
        make a smiley for that!

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          i did! the day the lovely pictures were online for the ep choosing.

maybe you need to check your mail, because i've also sent you 2 personal ones that you haven't replied to...

sally
          i've replied to all i've gotten.

maybe they got eaten
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            Didn't someone here once say that officers could buy their own fruit-salad of the fake variety, too and that it looked the same so a lot did it? If that's the case, can they buy their own fake CMOHs too?
            doing that is illegal. the cmoh anyway.

federal offense i believe

sigpic

Comment

doing that is illegal. the cmoh anyway.

federal offense i believe
              So Cam may well be arrested then, I take it?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

i've replied to all i've gotten.

maybe they got eaten

i just saw one of them replied to.

so you didn't get my vote for my fave sam s6 ep?

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

So Cam may well be arrested then, I take it?
                  That could be fun. Spoilers for Season 10.
                  Spoiler:
                  Vala works at a coffee shop
                  and Cam gets arrested. Sounds like an episode of "The Real World"
                  Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
                    That could be fun. Spoilers for Season 10.
                    Spoiler:
                    Vala works at a coffee shop
                    and Cam gets arrested. Sounds like an episode of "The Real World"
                    Or that Barista series of fanfiction.

Comment

That is gorgeous. Love the look on her face! "Do not mess with me: you will not win!"

Have you ever read SGCBearcub's work? You can find it at fanfiction.net - she loves tough-Sam, but still has a very feminine side to her stories.

If you like Sam/Jack then it's a bonus, several of her stories feature a very direct S/J theme, others are just like the show, friendship.

But I love the way she writes Sam - her stuff is also slightly psych-technical, which I really enjoy.

Sel.

Comment

Originally posted by seldear
                        That is gorgeous. Love the look on her face! "Do not mess with me: you will not win!"

Have you ever read SGCBearcub's work? You can find it at fanfiction.net - she loves tough-Sam, but still has a very feminine side to her stories.

If you like Sam/Jack then it's a bonus, several of her stories feature a very direct S/J theme, others are just like the show, friendship.

But I love the way she writes Sam - her stuff is also slightly psych-technical, which I really enjoy.

Sel.
                        Thanks! That's so nice of you to say. It's really only about a quarter done, I still have to colorize it and work on the details but now that I've scanned it in, I'll do the rest with my tablet on the computer.

SGCBearcub is a favorite author of mine, too. She's fantastic. I love toughSam, and she has to have a feminine side as well, because Sam Carter is anything but a cast-iron(____). She's an extremely deep, extremely caring personality, who also happens to be a soldier and that's one of the things that's always made me such a fan of the character. There's nothing two-dimensional about her. And though she may not always have the (written) material to depict that, Amanda certainly has always lent that quality to her through action and emotive expression, if not words.

Gosh I could keep gushing but ... nah.

Comment

i'm pretty sure i got your vote.

i don't keep track of who i get it from, i just tally and delete and move on

sigpic

Comment

Thanks! That's so nice of you to say. It's really only about a quarter done, I still have to colorize it and work on the details but now that I've scanned it in, I'll do the rest with my tablet on the computer.
                            The foreshortening is impressive. I like the perspective.

(That was what I wanted to say the first time, but couldn't think of the words.)

Sel.

Comment

Originally posted by seldear
                              The foreshortening is impressive. I like the perspective.

(That was what I wanted to say the first time, but couldn't think of the words.)

Sel.
                              Gosh, I haven't heard that word since I was in school! LOL

Thanks again. My other sketch that I posted a while back, she was more passive and it was based on an earlier model of Sam. I've noticed last two years or so that Amanda (who always looks incredible) has looked different, too, so I wanted to try something more "up to date" so to speak.

Comment

oh yean. and somethng so easily corrected. bet it'd take the military advisor - if they ever let her out of that closet they locked her in - fifteen minutes to give htem a list of the awards sam should have

have we seen cam in his dress unies???? is cam's fruit salad bigger than sam's?
                                My recollection of one of the spoiler shots where Mitchell is petting the gate at the beginning of the Season - my recollection is that Mitchell's fruit salad rivalled Jacks (and left Sam's looking like she was 4 grades lower than Cam).
                                Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                I love that your post is Post 38,500 in Samanda and that the topic just nails one of the plots that would have been a winner for AT's brief maternity leave!

Many of us were hoping for something heroic like this to occur ... Sam Carter seriously wounded in the line of duty. Golly, what I would have given to see her (honoring many of today's real-life women warriors) coming back and going through a tough recovery period and showing true Carter grit - one episode in S9, early. It would have worked well considering she herself as a new momma was showing some fatigue onscreen anyhow. The big boys blew it! We would have had excellent acting, angst, courage, team involvement, new guy going out on missions until she was fit for duty again but still some terrific scenes in a hospital room ... er, I GOT IT ... Sam's lying in bed and Cam comes in to award her the CMOH ... yeah, actually ... forget Cam ... Jack O'Neill flies in from Wash DC and, along with SG1, enters the room and awards Carter her medal.
                                Woot! Love your ideas, Chopingal!
                                Originally posted by ReganX
                                I've only been able to identify six out of nine.

(Top Row)
                                - Airman's Medal
                                - Meritiorious Service Medal
                                - Air Force Commendation Medal

(Middle Row)
                                - Don't know
                                - Organizational Excellence Award
                                - Don't know

(Bottom Row)
                                - Don't know
                                - Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
                                - Air Force Training Ribbon

It seems as though Sam doesn't wear her Air Medal ribbon.
                                I wonder what 'Organization Excellence Award' is for...? Being a neat freak?
                                Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                I love a good cause! Sam Power!!
                                And... how about slipping in a ribbon for Level 10 'Blue Jello'... or something along the Blue Jello lines?
                                I love toughSam, and she has to have a feminine side as well, because Sam Carter is anything but a cast-iron(____). She's an extremely deep, extremely caring personality, who also happens to be a soldier and that's one of the things that's always made me such a fan of the character. There's nothing two-dimensional about her. And though she may not always have the (written) material to depict that, Amanda certainly has always lent that quality to her through action and emotive expression, if not words.
                                Well said, minigeek!

Comment

Working...
                                X