Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack: Humming Carter?
    Sam: Yes Sir, you know how to hum don't you? You just put your lips together...
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Little quiet tonight... I was wondering(I know this has probably been done before) what was the first episode you saw that Sam really caught your attention? For me, it was the first episode I ever saw, Emancipation. I know some of you may absolutely hate that particular one, but I don't. I got to see a show where the woman could kick butt(I love the fight scene...you go girl!), but was most definitely a woman(ok, so the dress was a bit much, but Sam looked great in it!). She was tough, pretty, clever, funny, and could without a doubt hold her own. I was like, hey, she's cool, I'll have to watch again tomorrow...and the rest is history. So, what's your pick?

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
        Little quiet tonight... I was wondering(I know this has probably been done before) what was the first episode you saw that Sam really caught your attention? For me, it was the first episode I ever saw, Emancipation. I know some of you may absolutely hate that particular one, but I don't. I got to see a show where the woman could kick butt(I love the fight scene...you go girl!), but was most definitely a woman(ok, so the dress was a bit much, but Sam looked great in it!). She was tough, pretty, clever, funny, and could without a doubt hold her own. I was like, hey, she's cool, I'll have to watch again tomorrow...and the rest is history. So, what's your pick?
        Oh I really liked emancipation also. but I think the first episode I really noticed Sam was in The Enemy Within, the fight she put up with Kawalsky was riveting, she didn't show any fear and kept trying to do her duty.

But the first time I noticed AT was in the commercials she was doing just before SG started.
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
          Hey Kat, I think I've found a solution to your problem of not being able to bid on the lunch. You see Kaleesta (sorry if I spelled it wrong) doesn't really need to go to college, we can educate her right here on Samanda. She can learn:
          Science including physics from Simh
          Math from the Royal bean counter and accountant Coley
          English she can read all the fanfics (except keep her away from the BJC)
          History, which is History of Stargate 101 taught by Skydiver
          Languages: she has the choice of French from Lys
          or German from Tracy Jane (I know she speaks French too, but we can't give her too much work)

And the rest of us will keep her busy during recess!
          There you go...now go get bidding
          And I'll teach her geology - it will be fun! Volcanoes and all that

Comment

I suspect they'll get close to if not over $30k. Bidding usually heats up in the dying minutes in online auctions.

Meanwhile wasn't it lunch? It'd wanna be some damn good lunch for $30k... but then the chance to watch Rick & Amanda playing around over lunch and quiz them on technique... pricele... uh yeah totally worth $30k

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
            I think they'll definitely get more than $20K for this. Cool.

I wonder if the winning bidder gets to decide the breakfast menu? (:imagines conversation: "What do you mean 'blue jello isn't a breakfast food'? Blue jello is the food of geniuses? How can the food of geniuses not be a breakfast food????? And no fruit loops??? It can't be defined as breakfast without fruit loops!!!!")
            sigpic

Comment

*grins* The PS muse finally came back today! Will be a busy week at work, so I likely won't be on the PC at home much, so I leave you with this creation.....

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Hic Comitas Regit seems to be the slogan for this thread...but I'm a newbie and have no idea what it means! Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                  I suspect they'll get close to if not over $30k. Bidding usually heats up in the dying minutes in online auctions.

Meanwhile wasn't it lunch? It'd wanna be some damn good lunch for $30k... but then the chance to watch Rick & Amanda playing around over lunch and quiz them on technique... pricele... uh yeah totally worth $30k
                  LOL! Does this mean that trifle may be served with little trademarked rectangles of plastic melted over the top?

Or should I be fearing what kind of 'technique' would be discussed...?

...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                    Hic Comitas Regit seems to be the slogan for this thread...but I'm a newbie and have no idea what it means! Anyone?
                    It means Kindness reigns here

and for the lunch, let's hope they don't serve the yellow one's
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                      And I'll teach her geology - it will be fun! Volcanoes and all that
                      I'm just curious but are all of your offers to help teach my daughter still in effect if I don't win the bid for lunch with AT/RDA? Because as a homeschool mom, I could really use some help with all of these subjects.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1

Jack: Humming Carter?
                        Sam: Yes Sir, you know how to hum don't you? You just put your lips together...
                        I can't BELIEEEEVE that no one could remember the MacGyver theme!!!
                        (*Reta hums MacGyver theme*) It would have been a hoot, just like that comment about 'it took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on earth.'
                        Thanks for SIG to KIDWIZZ

Comment

Originally posted by RetaGamai
                          I can't BELIEEEEVE that no one could remember the MacGyver theme!!!
                          (*Reta hums MacGyver theme*) It would have been a hoot, just like that comment about 'it took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on earth.'
                          It's a hard tune to get, I think! I have it on my cell phone, and even the crappy synthesizer doohickey they used couldn't really quite catch it. I'd imagine it'd be even harder to hum or whistle without sounding reaaally off.

Another one is that supposedly tortured song in IGTBK. What the heck was that song? I've heard so many suggestions, but none of them seem to fit.

ETA: When it comes to Village-Edumacating Kallesta, I call the "Slacker 101" course, which is included in her college prep curriculum. Unfortunately, there may be a spill-over effect when it comes to all of the other courses you guys are teaching her. But don't worry. I'll tackle "Getting Over Procrastination" some time next week, or next month or something.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                            It's a hard tune to get, I think! I have it on my cell phone, and even the crappy synthesizer doohickey they used couldn't really quite catch it. I'd imagine it'd be even harder to hum or whistle without sounding reaaally off.

Another one is that supposedly tortured song in IGTBK. What the heck was that song? I've heard so many suggestions, but none of them seem to fit.

ETA: When it comes to Village-Edumacating Kallesta, I call the "Slacker 101" course, which is included in her college prep curriculum. Unfortunately, there may be a spill-over effect when it comes to all of the other courses you guys are teaching her. But don't worry. I'll tackle "Getting Over Procrastination" some time next week, or next month or something.
                            Sweetheart, i can teach both courses at the PhD level. Unfortunately.

Suse
                            runaway, runaway little Kellesta!
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                              "Kindness in women, not their beauteous looks, shall win my love." William Shakespeare

I had the privilege of meeting a fan at GABIT last October who told me how Amanda's behind-the-scenes generosity and support enabled this person to come to Canada and travel cross country, spending time with AT and family members. Amanda played a pivotal role in making this young person's dream come true. The fan will be forever grateful. Others at GABIT saw Amanda's concern for one of the fans who had gotten ill at the hotel and had no money to pay for a doctor. AT offered to cover all costs. I just felt like writing some positive words about Amanda this morning.

Cheers!

This is what really warms my heart, stories of one human being helping others and bringing a bit of joy into their lives! That is why Amanda stands out and why the fans love her so much. One other thing i'd like to mention, i wonder if any of Amanda's family come to read this thread, it would be great to think that they did just to read what we fans think of her both as an Actress and as a human being.
                              ......TARA......

Comment

Wow. My 3,500th post on GW. Makes me feel all sentimental and...stuff. (I know, I'm nothing if not articulate.)

So what do I love about Amanda? Her generous heart, her gentle nature, her lovely smile, her crazy!mad sense of humor...

I love how she lights up a room just by entering it...both on screen and at conventions.

I love how she puts others first and considers other people's feelings before her own.

I love how she passionately loves her daughter, like a mama lioness ready to defend her against harm.

I love her dedication to the Stargate franchise, to which she's given almost 10 years.

I love that she's given us Samantha Carter to enjoy as a role model and a hero.

Thank you Amanda for giving me so much enjoyment over the years and for showing me by example how I should treat others around me and for making me smile.

Hiccup Comatose Regime!!!

Last edited by Uber; 24 April 2006, 01:24 AM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X