No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea I'm stuck between 2001 and DM Both good Sam episodes, must take time to analyze.

*takes out remote control plays one after the other and in slow mo *
    Yep this may take a while.
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

LOL! Had to post this ending comment to The Abby Lord movie Amanda was in. This poor friend sat thru it and was not happy. She rarely watches Lifetime but usually enjoys it (small doses and all that). She said it "gave melodrama a bad name".

Waste of time. Waste of Amanda's time. Made Void look absofragginglutely brilliant
      Suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
        I've been thinking about what episode to vote for... and golfbooy is right; there are several this season that I could go for including Desperate Measures, Revelations, and Ascention. But I'd also include 48 hours, not because it's a Sam centric episode (which it isn't... it features everyone except Teal'c), but because we see a side of Sam that I don't think we see very often in other eps. We see her forced to interact with someone that she really, really dislikes (Rodney), under terrible circumstances in which she doesn't have an answer. In this episode, Sam fails to find the solution to save Teal'c. And we can see her utter despair and bitter frustration in response to it. She's put in a really difficult position, and we get to see how she reacts to it. It's also the only episode (I think) where we see how she responds to outright derision and criticism of her abilities.
        Yeah, I thought of that. But I feel like I'd be voting for one great scene rather than an entire episode. Also, to my mind Sam clearly has the third tier storyline in 48 Hours, behind Jack and Mayborne looking for Adrian Conrad and Daniel and Major Davis with the Russians. And, come to think of it, Gen. Hammond has a rougly equivalent storyline as Sam with his confrontations with Col. Simmons. Sam as the third option? There's no way to spin that into my best Sam episode, regardless of how awesome she is in any one part of it. So, that's out.

Originally Posted by astrogeologist
        Great analyses, bink! Wonderful post!
        I'm afraid I'm not bink, though the ignominy of my true self makes me wish it were so.

Who am I kidding? That's bs, I'd never be anyone but me, because really, there's no one better. Anywhere. Seriously, I'm the greatest. I feel sorry for all you lesser beings, but there it is. Do what you will with it.

Originally Posted by majorsal
        but i'm choosing 'desperate measures'. sam whumpage! the only thing i'd change is more focus 'on' sam and her predicament, and more hurt/comfort for her at the end. but sam whiumpage at it's best!
        I believe Osiris grabs Sam with the ribbon device in Revelations, only to have her beamed away, with Teal'c right there to catch Sam as she falls. Surely that counts?

PS I do not understand the fascination with whumping. I see it all over fandom, but have yet to comprehend why it excites so many or why it is a hallmark of good episodes/storytelling. Maybe I'm just more dense than even I give myself credit for.

Comment

Hey all. ÜberSG-1Fan here.

I'm back after a long sabbatical in some far away land. If anyone has posted on this thread in the last few days that looked kinda like me but lacked my umlauty brilliance, please ignore anything he/she said as though they were the rantings of a delusional nutcase.

Yu may now return to your regularly scheduled Samandering.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy

I believe Osiris grabs Sam with the ribbon device in Revelations, only to have her beamed away, with Teal'c right there to catch Sam as she falls. Surely that counts?
            of course (it's one of the reasons why i enjoyed the ep ).

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

I've put up a new AT wall up on my LJ page if anyone is interested in seeing it. There are several of my older ones up there as well.

New AT Wall

Comment

Since it's been awhile I thought I'd make a demotivational poster.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                  PS I do not understand the fascination with whumping. I see it all over fandom, but have yet to comprehend why it excites so many or why it is a hallmark of good episodes/storytelling. Maybe I'm just more dense than even I give myself credit for.
                  I don't understand it either. I like eps. where the characters show their strength or compassion, but not when they are hurt. I hate seeing them hurt

I better ask this before I forget. What is the Sam voting thing and is there a seperate thread for it, or is it happening here? Yes, I have trouble following these things as I'm not here enough
                  Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                  Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Carson's girl

I better ask this before I forget. What is the Sam voting thing and is there a seperate thread for it, or is it happening here? Yes, I have trouble following these things as I'm not here enough
                    if you want to enter a vote for the best sam eps of season 5 (which is the season we're on right now) just pm, e-mail or, hey rep point votes count too

i'm keeping track so that we don't clutter up the area with polls
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Season 5 is hard. Hmmm.

Ascension was essentially a Sam-centric episode but I just can't go for that one. I think Loki had SG1 during that entire week, and what we saw were really Loki's clones. (I know, I know-he screwed up Jack's clone later, he must have had a moment of brilliance when he made the clone that was in Ascension.) Everyone was just so out of character for me. I still get irritated when I think of how easily everyone dismissed Sam as being crazy, or 'overworked' or some other thing that made me feel that the others saw her as very weak. But enough about why I can't choose this episode.

I liked Red Sky-I liked Sam dealing with the consequences of having disabled the safety protocols on the 'gate. But that was such a small part of this episode.

I liked Desperate Measures-I liked how Sam never gave up, never stopped fighting or trying to get out of the lab. But the focus was more on finding her, more on the rest of the team-so I don't know that I would go for that one.

I love Sam at the end of 2001-but I see that as much more a team episode. But the visual lover in me loves the sight of her falling backward through the 'gate.

I love everything about Sam's arc in 48 hours. I loved the character development, the butting heads with McKay, the frustration with being unable to save Teal'c, the fear that she would lose him, the overwheling desire she seemed to feel to shove McKay into a vat of lemon juice, and her struggle to remain professional despite all of it. Funny, till some others mentioned it, I had never thought Sam's arc was such a small part of that episode.

I also liked soldier Sam in The Sentinel. I liked how she took charge of the fire-fight, how she took command of the troops, and fought the Jaffa tooth and nail. I like her deception to Jack-making him think she was allowing Grieves (?) to take down the shield. I like how she was able to figure out that Grieves knew how to get the Sentinal to work, and made the leap of faith in trusting him in that instance.

Now...Revelations. Because we did get to see multi-faceted Sam. We got to see Sam dealing with her loss and grief, her feelings of abandonment when Teal'c and Jack didn't seem to be able to share those with her, so we got some great character building moments in that episode.

But we also got Sam on her game, despite her loss and grief. We got Science Sam leading the others through the Goa'uld ship. We got hollogram Sam which delighted me endlessly. And we got strong Sam in facing Osiris at the end.

I think I'm going to have to dig out that DVD sometime soon.

So for me it's between 48 Hours, The Sentinel, and Revelations. I think, because of the multi-faceted nature of the Sam we saw in Revelations I'm going with that one. I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                        Season 5 is hard. Hmmm.

So for me it's between 48 Hours, The Sentinel, and Revelations. I think, because of the multi-faceted nature of the Sam we saw in Revelations I'm going with that one. I think.
                        I was waffling between 48 Hours and Revelations. Now you have to go throw Sentinel into the mix and make such good points about it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey! I just wanted to tell you that I love your S&J videos!!! I downloaded them a whole bunch!!! THEY ARE GREAT!!!!!!
                          SAM

Comment

Originally posted by sam
                            Hey! I just wanted to tell you that I love your S&J videos!!! I downloaded them a whole bunch!!! THEY ARE GREAT!!!!!!
                            welcome to samanda
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

well, nuts! I wanted to post my 300th in here and got wrapped up on another thread. Yes, I know - neophyte. Well, 301 will have to do. 300 was for a good cause.

Suse
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                                well, nuts! I wanted to post my 300th in here and got wrapped up on another thread. Yes, I know - neophyte. Well, 301 will have to do. 300 was for a good cause.

Suse
                                Congrats on your 300 +1 post Suse

and welcome to Samanda sam
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X