Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neat, thanks Parsifal!

Sounds like Amanda likes the same kinda stories we all do. And the same kind of team/interrelationship moments.

I know it's not really feasible that we'd be able to get a (truly honest, no holds barred) answer to this, of course, but now I'm ever more curious with respect to how she's felt about the (lack of?) powerful character-building moments (for Sam, and for the team in general) through much of season nine. While the writing team's been building (whatever it was they said they were building) with the 'new dynamic' - I don't think we saw a great deal of anyone's idosyncrasies and disfunctions (well, except for Cameron). And based on the fact that SCIFI seems to be selectively editing and airing these little interview bits to tell a story, leading up to season ten, I can't stop myself from imagining that they're trying to "fix" that, too. Or at least alluding to the notion that all the whinging, ranting and moaning that some of us whiny little b**tards have been up to the past year, hasn't fallen on completely deaf ears.

Hey, one can only hope!

Here's to "possibilities". And here's to season ten!

I WANT SAM CARTER/TEAM CHARACTER MOMENTS, DAMMIT! AND I WANT THEM NOW! NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!

mini(the whiny little b**tard)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Lol I think we'd all love to know mini.. but the lady is a pro and we'll likely never find out.

I did notice though, watching that little snippet that the vast majority of the clips were original team. I have no doubt whatsoever that some ears that count have heard our whining... interesting

Originally posted by minigeek
      Neat, thanks Parsifal!

Sounds like Amanda likes the same kinda stories we all do. And the same kind of team/interrelationship moments.

I know it's not really feasible that we'd be able to get a (truly honest, no holds barred) answer to this, of course, but now I'm ever more curious with respect to how she's felt about the (lack of?) powerful character-building moments (for Sam, and for the team in general) through much of season nine. While the writing team's been building (whatever it was they said they were building) with the 'new dynamic' - I don't think we saw a great deal of anyone's idosyncrasies and disfunctions (well, except for Cameron). And based on the fact that SCIFI seems to be selectively editing and airing these little interview bits to tell a story, leading up to season ten, I can't stop myself from imagining that they're trying to "fix" that, too. Or at least alluding to the notion that all the whinging, ranting and moaning that some of us whiny little b**tards have been up to the past year, hasn't fallen on completely deaf ears.

Hey, one can only hope!

I WANT SAM CARTER/TEAM CHARACTER MOMENTS, DAMMIT! AND I WANT THEM NOW! NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!

sigpic

Comment

Actually no that one with the ship that's crashed, the Ceberus.. Sam's fixing it and starts stripping layers off coz she's hot.

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        Sam stripping? I assume we're talking Replicarter.... or I've missed a damn good episode. And I couldn't resist a smirk at how things on here and the ATClub board reflect each other.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
          It just keeps getting bigger and bigger and then you read about the Canadian dollar and the possibility of the tax break being taken away and it all goes to hell - makes me wonder why they did not see the forest through the trees (could no one see the Canadian dollar progressing while they were out spending big chunks of the budget on things that, in the end, proved wholly unnecessary) and why they had to spend good $$ on getting the cast so much bigger with people who are probably pulling down a good chunk of the budget so we are stuck with less of the Stargate (it's always the cost excuse for that one) and less of what made SG1 SG1 but that $$ used on those who shall remain nameless could have been used to keep the real Stargate SG1 going - oh well just another lament on the loss of the real thing and it didn't have to be this way except for lack of forethought in many, many ways . . . . . I bet that TIIC thought that with their shiny new toys they would keep pulling in huge numbers so the $$ situation would not affect them as much because they could keep pulling in the ad revenue - again, seems they were wrong in that department too. I think they miscalculated a whole lot of different things in S9.
          bink, i think it's a game of finding what they did right then wrong.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            bink, i think it's a game of finding what they did right then wrong.

sally
            Hi Sally - yeah, maybe someone can hlep me out with THAT . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
              Actually no that one with the ship that's crashed, the Ceberus.. Sam's fixing it and starts stripping layers off coz she's hot.

Oh right! Forsaken!

Originally posted by Carter
              Well you’re in luck. I have a little more experience with this type of thing than most people on my planet. Besides all we’re really doing is plugging your ship into my battery.
              GO SAM!!

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth

Wait. She's hot? or she's HAWT???

Please clarify.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Lol.. dude.. BOTH!!!

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Please clarify.

sigpic

Comment

i want sam carter moments too! (and not with her being a supporting character)

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

i'd like it to come out that sam has the ancient gene.

sally
                      Yes - great idea.

Then add in that the naquadah and protein marker from Jolinar actually inhibit her free use of the tech... so she never realized that she could use any of the Ancient stuff... it didn't work for her when they first ran across the Ancient tech - so no one checked her genetic profile... or... they knew, but didn't know why it didn't work for her.

Hmmm.. then it turns out that she can use the Ancient tech... but not very well... not with predictable outcomes... and it's extremely physically taxing.... Hmmmm.... (so there are reasons that she asked Jack to come to Maybourne's planet in IGTBTK)... or maybe there is more than one 'Ancient gene'?

Edited to add:
                      Originally posted by Tracy Jane

Although it would be interesting to explore how the ancient gene and naquadah trace react with each other, you know, if one affects the other's effectiveness or something.
                      And then just a few posts down... TJ has the same idea!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Please clarify.

LOL - Ooober, we always knew you were one of THOSE!

Ooober: "God, I am so hot ... and not for nothing, but it's really warm in here, too."

PS-> Oober, that animated Sam/Jack pic you repped me with earlier is ... very distracting!

*fans self*

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                          One avenue I hope they explore in S10 is Sam learning to use Merlins toys. I have never seen a piece of technology that Sam hasn't taken apart or poked, prodded until she figured out how it worked.
                          Great idea!

Comment

LOL - Ooober, we always knew you were one of THOSE!

Ooober: "God, I am so hot ... and not for nothing, but it's really warm in here, too."

As the (un)official Samandan PLA-thunker, it is my duty to keep everyone here on there...uh...toes.
                            PS-> Oober, that animated Sam/Jack pic you repped me with earlier is ... very distracting!

*fans self*
                            Ain't it though? Once I learned I could put an image into my reps, I realized I'll never just text rep someone ever again.

PS->I repped someone else with the same thing and they said it was the "tastiest, yummiest jell-o I've had in a very long time."

And in the words of one of my favorite SG-1 characters..."Indeed."

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

i'd like it to come out that sam has the ancient gene.
                              Well maybe not the actual gene itself, but even the ATA Gene Therapy treatment. I remember JM saying that none of the current SG1 (Sam, Cam, Dan or Teal'c. Not sure on Vala, but I wouldn't imagine) have the gene itself, but nothing was said about the Gene Therapy.

Comment

*fans self*
                                mwahaha, just wait till I can rep Uber again. I have an animated icon here that will be payback for her repping me with that!

Comment

Working...
                                X