Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I second that one... please!! Then ahem, point us in the right direction

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Someone please be sure to digitally record Stargate tonight in case there's Amanda clips during the commercials!
    sigpic

Comment

Someone please be sure to digitally record Stargate tonight in case there's Amanda clips during the commercials!
      I have all four hours taped from last week, but unfortunately I was too busy to make the excerpts into individual files and I'm presently visiting my parents until the end of the week. If noone manages to copy and upload them tonight, I'll try to do it when I get home on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
        Ask Tracy, she's the one in the line of duty for that.
        Ummm.... I haven't seen duet.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          Ummm.... I haven't seen duet.
          no? It's a mustsee. You love it or hate it.

Spoiler:
          Sam may be in some sam/jack situations again as i read somewhere for S10, is this somewhere comfirmed?

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
            Hi Sal i would be with you on nightwalkers, Sam had yet another snake die in her and she would have felt it taking over for those first few moments before the drug kicked in. She took a chance and it would be great if we could see what efect it had on her!
            I've always thought this with Sam, her blood has this "stuff" in it now that she will never be able to be treated at a "normal" hospital, how does that make her feel? what would happen if she was injured and miles from the "special" places that she could be treated at that know her history and she is unable to tell the medical people that herself, does she wear a disc on her dogtags giving that information?
            It's these simple little things like would she be able to have children and carry that child to term that adds layers to Sam and could lead on to "human" stories of the characters.
            (Sorry about the baby bits but as a shipper it's somthing that i would love to hear from the medical people about!)
            Great food for thought tara.

It would be interesting to speculate on how the naquadah would affect Sam. Like what unforeseen chemical reactions might her blood have to certain medical treatments or Taur'i drugs?

Say she was going on a long weekend ride on her bike & had an accident. Being unconscious & unable to tell them she needed *special* treatment, she'd end up going to a small non-military hospital far away from any AF base.... Sam's dogtags only show her blood type and religious faith. If the ER staff had to administer immediate life-or-death type emergency treatments to her or perform surgery/blood transfusions, they wouldn't have the time to alert the AF that they had her there. One could (well we here in the thread can...) only imagine what problems that could create for her.

The carrying child to term thing is a good question to pose too. And moving that on a step further - what of the children Sam would bear - how much of the naquadah would transfer to them? And what if her DNA still bears changes from Nirrti's messing with it in S6's Metamorphosis? (Yes... I know they stuck her back in the machine, but machines are just that - not 100% accurate nor foolproof...)

That's why a child of Jack's & Sam's was a topic of discussion many many many moons ago on the S/J shipper thread (maybe over a year or so ago? can't remember...). With his Ancient gene combined with her naquadah and their various intellectual strengths... now *that* would be one interesting child!

Thanks for musing about that aspect of Sam!
            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

I loved FOOTHOLD, too. But I also adored POINT OF VIEW, because there were two totally different sides of Sam at play. Both Sam, both strong, both alike and unalike in equal measure. Amanda played that brilliantly, of course, but the episode was also truly ABOUT Sam; it explored Sam to (I think) a slightly greater degree than even FOOTHOLD did, due to the duality. So...

I have to vote for POINT OF VIEW, double your Carter, double your cool.

minigeek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                Great food for thought tara.

It would be interesting to speculate on how the naquadah would affect Sam. Like what unforeseen chemical reactions might her blood have to certain medical treatments or Taur'i drugs?

Say she was going on a long weekend ride on her bike & had an accident. Being unconscious & unable to tell them she needed *special* treatment, she'd end up going to a small non-military hospital far away from any AF base.... Sam's dogtags only show her blood type and religious faith. If the ER staff had to administer immediate life-or-death type emergency treatments to her or perform surgery/blood transfusions, they wouldn't have the time to alert the AF that they had her there. One could (well we here in the thread can...) only imagine what problems that could create for her.

The carrying child to term thing is a good question to pose too. And moving that on a step further - what of the children Sam would bear - how much of the naquadah would transfer to them? And what if her DNA still bears changes from Nirrti's messing with it in S6's Metamorphosis? (Yes... I know they stuck her back in the machine, but machines are just that - not 100% accurate nor foolproof...)

That's why a child of Jack's & Sam's was a topic of discussion many many many moons ago on the S/J shipper thread (maybe over a year or so ago? can't remember...). With his Ancient gene combined with her naquadah and their various intellectual strengths... now *that* would be one interesting child!

Thanks for musing about that aspect of Sam!
                *Ponders* Do I sense a fic coming soon
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  I loved FOOTHOLD, too. But I also adored POINT OF VIEW, because there were two totally different sides of Sam at play. Both Sam, both strong, both alike and unalike in equal measure.
                  Ya know, maybe I'll give POV another look. Whenever I recall it, all I remember is weepy!alt!Sam.

Not that I think POV will ever surpass Foothold for me , but maybe I can gain a better appreciation for it.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                    Ya know, maybe I'll give POV another look. Whenever I recall it, all I remember is weepy!alt!Sam.

Not that I think POV will ever surpass Foothold for me , but maybe I can gain a better appreciation for it.
                    Yes, I saw those scenes very differently. I don't really care whether ALT Carter was involved with ALT Jack or not, frankly, what got me was that we saw a different side to Sam; one that had a potential to exist, but one that OUR Sam would have guarded against more strongly - situational life moments altered both characters accordingly. ALT Sam wasn't weepy (to me), she was grieving, and I think she played that very well.

No one truly saw her break down - except Jack - which IMHO was outstanding, because Jack WAS the person she lost (her own version of him, of course). How would that affect any of us? We're not robots here. And neither is Sam.

If you think about it, having just lost your life-partner (rather horribly) only to immediately discover yourself alone and fighting for your own life in another (reality), would be pretty damn harsh. Think of the loss you'd be feeling; the "alone-ness". AU Sam was going through hell, but she kept it together despite that (just as any version of Sam Carter would, IMHO).

The only thing that staggered AU Sam's resolve (albeit briefly) was being confronted by the double of her husband. IMHO, that shows tremendous strength of character, not only for that scenario, but for the simple fact that she DID allow herself to show emotion in Jack's presence (again, I don't care whether it was Jack or not, it's the scenario that I'm speaking of).

People often (inaccurately) label showing emotion with weakness. I don't buy into that; I think a character's strength can more accurately be depicted by when and with with whom they show emotion - far moreso than by their unwillingness or their inability to do so.

In many ways, I think we saw that AU Sam was more emotionally evolved than our Sam, because she did allow herself to feel; and to love someone (in a healthy relationship sort of way). And who knows, perhaps she had a less stringent, less harsh military father growing up, too. We don't know that, but all of those factors shape personality.

OUR Sam Carter is tough, sure she is, but she's also human, and she's got feelings which impact her. She shows them far less frequently, because she was brought up not to. Allowing angst to boil beneath the surface of a character is all right for some scenarios, but not all of them.

The fact that we got to see more of Sam (even a potential side of Sam, or perhaps a foreshadow of her, in part) was very powerful for me, looking into her character; more powerful than watching her tell off Maybourne in FOOTHOOLD (as oustanding and fun as that was!).

That's why I had to pick POV as the best Sam Carter ep of season three.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      I loved FOOTHOLD, too. But I also adored POINT OF VIEW, because there were two totally different sides of Sam at play. Both Sam, both strong, both alike and unalike in equal measure. Amanda played that brilliantly, of course, but the episode was also truly ABOUT Sam; it explored Sam to (I think) a slightly greater degree than even FOOTHOLD did, due to the duality. So...

I have to vote for POINT OF VIEW, double your Carter, double your cool.

minigeek
                      I went for Foothold for many reasons. (Yes, I'm making another list. Love that feature!)
                      • I am SUCH a sucker for "Sam saves the day" episodes.
                      • Sam 100% focused on saving the world that she doesn't even have time to realize that the fate of the world lies soley on her shoulders.
                      • "Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week! Why couldn't you take one day off!"
                      • Teal'c's comeplete faith that Sam will return for him.
                      • The confusion and bewilderment she shows at the outdoor diner with Maybourn, "Jack" and "Daniel". The aliens really had picked a good cover story-and Sam, being Sam, knew the effects of the "chemical spill". You could really see the war going on in her mind. Trust "Jack and Daniel", whom she trusted with her life again and again, and trust her intellect that was telling her that delusions and hallucinations were expected, if they were telling her the truth-or trust her gut, and her memories. Great acting in that scene.
                      • Sam shoots Jack. Even though she was fairly certain he was an alien, part of her had to still be lost in the confusion that had her aquiescing to the request to go with them back to the mountain in the first place. But she doesn't hesitate to shoot him, despite how she feels about him, despite not being 100% sure he wasn't really Jack.
                      • Sam goes back into an alien controlled mountain, alone...because she's needed.
                      • Despite having been off-world, then drugged, then having to climb 28 stories on a ladder, then flying to DC, then back to CO, then climning back down the 28 stories all in a matter of hours, after she sets up the sound to block the aliens' mimic devices, she joins Jack and Teal'c iin the thick of the fight.
                      • Loved Sam's reaction when Maybourne credits her with the save.
                      • Sam's general kick-butt attitude the entire episode.
                      • Despite how great she was in so many other S3 episodes, Foothold was really Sam's episode, the focus was so MUCH on her.
                      Last edited by Deejay435; 17 April 2006, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                        I went for Foothold for many reasons. (Yes, I'm making another list. Love that feature!)
                        • I am SUCH a sucker for "Sam saves the day" episodes.
                        • Sam 100% focused on saving the world that she doesn't even have time to realize that the fate of the world lies soley on her shoulders.
                        • "Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week! Why couldn't you take one day off!"
                        • Teal'c's comeplete faith that Sam will return for him.
                        • The confusion and bewilderment she shows at the outdoor diner with Maybourn, "Jack" and "Daniel". The aliens really had picked a good cover story-and Sam, being Sam, knew the effects of the "chemical spill". You could really see the war going on in her mind. Trust "Jack and Daniel", whom she trusted with her life again and again, and trust her intellect that was telling her that delusions and hallucinations were expected, if they were telling her the truth-or trust her gut, and her memories. Great acting in that scene.
                        • Sam shoots Jack. Even though she was fairly certain he was an alien, part of her had to still be lost in the confusion that had her aquiescing to the request to go with them back to the mountain in the first place. But she doesn't hesitate to shoot him, despite how she feels about him, despite not being 100% sure he wasn't really Jack.
                        • Sam goes back into an alien controlled mountain, alone...because she's needed.
                        • Despite having been off-world, then drugged, then having to climb 28 stories on a <i>ladder</i>, then flying to DC, then back to CO, then climning back down the 28 stories all in a matter of hours after she sets up the sound to block the aliens' mimic devices, she joins Jack and Teal'c iin the thick of the fight.
                        • Loved Sam's reaction when Maybourne credits her with the save.
                        • Sam's general kick-butt attitude the entire episode.
                        • Despite how great she was in so many other S3 episodes, Foothold was really Sam's episode, the focus was so MUCH on her.

If anyone still wonders, Foothold is the best ! Sam rocks !

Campaigning ? Is that a word ? What's that campaigning ? I'm only giving my opinion.
                        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Leaving for Florida in Fifteen minutes! See you all in two weeks. Be good....or you know, some semblance of it.

Comment

*waves* bye bye Deejay Have fun
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Boy this choosing a favourite episode is getting more and more difficult
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Yes! Definatly in case someone has the nerve to call during a clip.
                                Joanne

Comment

Working...
                                X