Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX
    More Sam would be wonderful, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

I wonder if Jolinar knew whichever Goa'uld it was lived in Vala.
    probably tried to kill her once or twice.

no, seriously.

THAT interaction, i'd love to see. AT'd be wonderful at that.
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435

But I am with you-I don't want to see Sam/Vala interaction if that is ALL they're going to use Sam for. If they're going to limit her time because they see Landy and Vala as a "leads" (ridiculous, imo) then I'd rather Sam's limited time be with Teal'c then Daniel. Then Mitchell, as he's her teammate. Frankly, I'd rather see her time spent with Landry, because it makes more sense story-wise than Vala.

One way for them to figure out we want more Sam is for us to tell them. I think we should try to rouse SAm fans into sending letters to tptb and tell them that we want to see more Sam.
      i'm with you. i think that sam will be little more than a foil for vala. she'll replace daniel as vala's straight man. she'll be the butt of vala's jokes and be humiliated so that vala can get some yuk-yuk points.

i have little to no faith in RCC and his band of merry boys and the recent interview does little more than raise my admiration of amanda for hanging around and working in what has to be a rather uncomfortable position.

She's last year's christmas toys, pushed to the side for the new one.

Maybe they'll surprise me and actually treat her with the dignity she deserves...maybe.

and maybe that lotto ticket i bought will be a winner and i can retire
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        But that's too logical --increase Sam, Teal'c and even Cam time while MS is away. I'll believe it when I see it.
        i too will believe it when i see it.

he's missing 2 eps, then 2 eps i think. it's spread out.

10:1, while MS is gone, sam and teal'c will go off and do something and cam and vala will find a space ship and go off and have an adventure

sigpic

Comment

More Sam would be wonderful, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

I wonder if Jolinar knew whichever Goa'uld it was lived in Vala.
          given the way the spoilers are, i too will believe it when i see it

sam/amanda is great to have around because she always gives more than she needs to so she can be taken for granted and used...and then ignored because, you know, she's no fun to play wtih anymore.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

Shanks is being told that the franchise is bigger than any one actor/character....yet the whole franchise now seems to be vala. screw everyone else but the lying thief because she's fun and witty and fun and silly and fun and fills out a busiter and fun and fun and fun and fun

grrr
            Which is a total slap in the face to him and the whole concept of the show given that Daniel is the only remaining original character in the whole premise.

the way to keep a show alive is to give it a WIDE appeal. the way they're goinig, they're narrowing the appeal so much that they're turning off 90% of htier audience. They're making the show into a nitch show jsut when they need to be broadening its appeal to draw in MORE viewers, not telling a good chunk of the audience to bugger off.

VAla IN the show is ok, but vala AS the show is silly and just one more step on the road to cancellation
            I swear it goes back to the inbreeding and yes man syndrome. "Gee isn't this fun & aren't we great" and anyone who doesn't agree is a party pooper who needs to get with the program or butt out. I'm sure that the network's understanding of SF seems to come from Barbarella doesn't help.
            Edit: boy am I cranky today or what?

Comment

Sam has been an integral part of the show since day one, as has daniel and teal'c and i find it beyond annoying that all three of them are being basically written out and wall papered because RCC has a love affaire with vala/claudia. (in the not-physical sense)

Shanks is being told that the franchise is bigger than any one actor/character....yet the whole franchise now seems to be vala. screw everyone else but the lying thief because she's fun and witty and fun and silly and fun and fills out a busiter and fun and fun and fun and fun

grrr

the way to keep a show alive is to give it a WIDE appeal. the way they're goinig, they're narrowing the appeal so much that they're turning off 90% of htier audience. They're making the show into a nitch show jsut when they need to be broadening its appeal to draw in MORE viewers, not telling a good chunk of the audience to bugger off.

VAla IN the show is ok, but vala AS the show is silly and just one more step on the road to cancellation
              Gaining new viewers is good, but not if it costs a show the viewers it already has.

I'm sure that there are loads of people who love Vala, but there are also a lot of people who love Sam, Daniel, Jack and Teal'c. Alienating those fans is not the way to get an eleventh season.

I keep thinking of what Felger said in 'Avenger 2.0' - "I mean, it probably took the Ancients a thousand years to build the Gate system, and I wrecked it in a single day."

A lot of hard work and talent went into creating Stargate: SG-1, but some bad decisions and mishandling of opportunities could very well bring it to an inglorious end in the not too distant future.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                I too am worried about the lack of Sam in season 10 - but to be honest mainly for Amanda.

I really do not like the new show. It just doesn't sit well with me - for a number of reasons. I'm really not interested in the new format and probably won't watch the show unless Sam is actually featured much more than advertised and in the positive way she was in seasons 1 to 6.

I'm just hoping that Amanda is okay with everything that is going down and if she is less than happy - then I really feel for her. Her enigmatic portrayal of Sam Carter - along with the excellent humour from the writers -have given me a great deal of escapist joy. SG1 was a pure joy to watch after a very trying day at the office.

Amanda has given so much of herself to the show and is such a talented actress that the changes that have taken place have upset and amazed me - I'm mainly upset for Amanda as it seems that it is her and her character which has lost out the most - but also for MS and CJ.

Whoever has made these unnecessary changes has neither the heart nor grace that Amanda possesses in spades and they should really be ashamed of themselves - not necessarily because they have made changes, but in the way these changes have been brought in.

I myself hope that when Amanda feels it is time to move on from the show she finds success elsewhere - where her heart lies - perhaps in theatre.

If the general viewing public are as disappointed as I in the direction of the show it won't be carrying on much longer anyway. I think the person in charge has lost the plot.

The title of the show is Stargate SG1 but it isn't focused around the team much anymore and they don't seem to focus on the Stargate much.

On the upside no one can take away Amanda's contribution to the show, her acting ability, her great personality, her huge kindness to her fans and the fact she has delivered one awesome character to the sci fi viewing public. These are the things which really mean something. If season 10 sucks it sucks - I'm just thankful I found seasons 1 to 8 and then this great thread - where have have met some wonderfully kind and generous peeps. I'm sure whatever Amanda does she will continue to have a positive effect on a large number of people in all sorts of ways. She's the only star in my eyes - that's for sure

ditto, times ten

I guess the one positive thing i can get out of Valagate is that hopefully, Amanda will have more time to spend iwth her family and other projects and that, although it's none of my business, she's not getting as screwed in the money end as she is in the script/plot end.

No matter what RCC may think, she's always been the star of the show to me and no matter how shoddily they treat her and her character, she will REMAIN the true star of the show.

these others????? Tin plated nickle to her solid gold

sigpic

Comment

But that's too logical --increase Sam, Teal'c and even Cam time while MS is away. I'll believe it when I see it.
                  you're assuming of course that MS will HAVE screentime unrelated to vala. they may not even realize he's gone. or if they do they can just turn back to mitchell like they did this season. or, i think the interview talked about landry. or they could just have vala jabbing at daniel while he's not there. they did that already, right? or maybe that's where all these lovely sam/vala scenes are. yay, sam. because MS is gone. for 4 episodes. see me exploding with joy?

EDIT: wow, i write slowly.
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                    We already saw in Beachhead that Vala actually showed respect towards Sam. Also their short interaction in Crusade looks very positive. I don't believe at all that Vala will even try to humiliate Sam. I really hope for an interesting relationship developed between them in season 10.
                    I'd like to see positive interaction between Sam and Vala in Season ten, I think that Sam could have a good influence on Vala, but I don't trust the writers not to make a mess of it.

Of course, I could end up being pleasantly surprised but I won't be betting money on it.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Sky, why are you so sure of this? You sound like you actually have read all season 10 scripts. We already saw in Beachhead that Vala actually showed respect towards Sam. Also their short interaction in Crusade looks very positive. I don't believe at all that Vala will even try to humiliate Sam. I really hope for an interesting relationship developed between them in season 10.
                      because i see how RCC treats amanda. I see how he insults her by talking to CB and the rest while amanda is left to hang and is ignored. I see how he can't say enough about vala/claudia while he pointedly ignored amanda.

I swear, if i didn't know she was married, i'd think there was another braga/jeri ryan situation going on.

rcc treats sam like crud. always has. he writes her as a pining girlfriend adn can't see how to write her as anything else. and he thinks that the world revolved around vala. given that he consistently and constantly sacrifices characters to get a joke/quip, i can totally see him sacrificing sam to make vala look good or to get a vala joke in.

he signed off on 6 episodes of vala sexually harrassing daniel just because he thought it was funny...and he likes daniel. what do y ou think he'll do with a character that he doesn't like?

RCC loves vala and i firmly believe that he will sacrifice every other character on the show to pander to vala. Sam among them.

RCC does not understand women, can't write them and will fall so in love wiht the jokes and quips that he will destroy anything and everything to further vala.

sigpic

Comment

given the way the spoilers are, i too will believe it when i see it

sam/amanda is great to have around because she always gives more than she needs to so she can be taken for granted and used...and then ignored because, you know, she's no fun to play wtih anymore.
                        They must have given her a good sales pitch to get her to sign on for another season. Maybe she was just sentimental. But it's sure been a travesty how they've treated her. Just look at last night's episode. (I thought this was pretty cryptic, but I've added spoiler tags
                        Spoiler:
                        Sam's sitting on the sidelines. In the past she would have been right in there working on the technology.
                        Look at "Revisions"--she plugs in her computer and gets to work to understand what's going on.
                        Spoiler:
                        And the life of a fellow SG member isn't even at stake. I understand they were using the episode to build up Cam's backstory, but that doesn't mean you make Sam reduced to being practically an extra.
                        The same and worse might be said to what they did with Daniel & Teal'c in the episode. I don't expect Sam to be the center of every episode, but what happened to telling a well rounded story?
                        Last edited by jckfan55; 15 April 2006, 12:21 PM.

Comment

I'd like to see positive interaction between Sam and Vala in Season ten, I think that Sam could have a good influence on Vala, but I don't trust the writers not to make a mess of it.

Of course, I could end up being pleasantly surprised but I won't be betting money on it.
                          i won't bet anything on it.

sigpic

Comment

I don't expect Sam to be the center of every episode, but what happened to telling a well rounded story?
                            vala-gate

sigpic

Comment

Sky, why are you so sure of this? You sound like you actually have read all season 10 scripts. We already saw in Beachhead that Vala actually showed respect towards Sam. Also their short interaction in Crusade looks very positive. I don't believe at all that Vala will even try to humiliate Sam. I really hope for an interesting relationship developed between them in season 10.
                              i'd love this. but without daniel, TPTB won't have anyone to make vala have fun with. and they want to have fun. fun fun fun. i think of these serious/deep scenes that could happen between sam and vala and it's hard not to imagine how badly they'll be skrewed up. vala's a "wildcard". she's "an unknown". they can do what they want with her. i honestly never thought i'd see the day where daniel was used the way he is so regularly now.

and, everyone, spoiler tags please? i don't want the minor details.
                              sigpic

Comment

One of this episodes is episode "Uninvited"
                                OMG, is that apt for some of our views about certain characters...

Comment

Working...
                                X