Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by minigeek
    I have a topic. Actually it's a "ship" question but a generic one. One having to do with Sam's character in general. It's something I talked to Anni about with respect to Sam's character after I read a few short fics over the weekend, a couple of Sam/Jack ones and a Sam/Barret one, and one that was Sam/Jack but started out Sam/Pete. How does Sam express deep emotions? And is she a lot different now than she would have been in say... season two (for example)?

    What I mean is, in one of the fics I read, Pete told Sam he loved her before she told him anything (and I bought that). But I wondered ... is Sam always like that? Or would it be different for her with different people? (ie-> Jack?) ... would she say something like that first, or would she wait until he did? Like I believe she probably did with Pete...

    I don't know. Canon sways back and forth with her a lot. She was pretty quick to "confess" her emotions to Martouf upon seeing him again in Ripple Effect. I think, with him (had they been truly shipped), canon might have had her be pretty quick to say the "three words" too. I'm not so sure how to (or if I can) rationalize that with her character, though. I think it was a canon flaw; a mistake - to have her be that OPEN with her feelings for him the way they made her be.

    Or am I wrong? Do you guys see her as a lot more "heart on her sleeve" than I do? I tend to think she's even more reserved than Jack is (or would be) when it comes to confessing deep feelings...

    Shall we discuss??
    interesting question.

    firstly, i think her connection with martouf was blanketed by jolinar's. totally.

    i think, with pete, she might have waited (if she actually ever said those three words to him) because she wasn't over jack yet. and as the relationship progressed, i think her feelings for pete increased (but so did her feelings for jack), but i don't think they progressed to 'in love'. she was under the gun, so to speak.

    i really think her reserved nature was purley because of the ppl involved and the circumstances involved. i think sam is normally a heart on the sleeve person.



    here's another question: do you think sam would 'really' quit the military to have a relationship with a guy?

    i don't think she'd quit for pete. i 'do' think she'd quit for jack, though.

    i also think the circumstances for her quitting would make a difference. if pete just wanted her to quit to take care of their soon-to-be children, i think sam would say 'hell no!'. pete came off (to me) as a bit of a chauvinist. i think jack would quit first so sam didn't have to, if one was going to quit to take care of children. (i just see jack being very unselfish when it comes to sam's career).

    it never occured to me that this subject would even be a subject until the dialog sam had with hallucination jack in s7's 'grace'.


    thoughts?





    sally
    sally

    sigpic

    Comment


      Originally posted by minigeek
      Or am I wrong? Do you guys see her as a lot more "heart on her sleeve" than I do? I tend to think she's even more reserved than Jack is (or would be) when it comes to confessing deep feelings...

      Shall we discuss??
      Hmm? I just watched 100 Days again today, you could see her anguish clearly, not admitting her feelings to anyone. Where Jack was admitting he didn't want to go home.

      I think Sam still tries to keep her feelings hidden and AT does a great job at letting us know just how Sam is feeling. Though it is nice to see Sam more relaxed in other matters this season
      sigpic

      my fanfic

      Comment


        Originally posted by minigeek
        I dunno, Sal, I don't think Sam and Jack can do "romance". IMHO, it's just not... them. Hearts and flowers, wedding dresses and vows... I just don't see it with those two. Their relationship would be quirky and understated; intense, with a wry sense of humor and just enough galactic mishap to make things awkwardly endearing. The payoff (for me) would be in the moments surrounding their acknowledgement, not the acknowledgement itself, which is why I think a wedding on the show would be OTT (again, just mho). I'm all for a hot little make-out scene at some point, hey, that could be fun. And I agree, they crossed a line in Chimera, so an eye for an eye! But... as a general rule, understatement and innuendo, with a liberal dose of humor - that's how I'd want to see my Sam and Jack canon-ized.

        mini
        I so agree with this! They're all about quirky!

        And although this is a little OT, I disagree with an earlier comment that their problems talking with each other would keep them from having a relationship. It's the things they want to say, but CAN'T, that make conversation awkward.

        Otherwise:
        Hi!


        Work is still *&^%$, and I've been gone for weeks!
        I've missed y'all!
        Glad to see that all is well on the thread!

        Comment


          Welcome back sg-1fanintn
          sigpic

          my fanfic

          Comment


            Originally posted by majorsal
            one of the things i notice on tv shows (ALL tv shows) that have the One True Love couple is that they will find every reason under the sun to keep them apart, including hooking them up with other characters. i understand the idea - keep throwing out the crumbs to the starving fans - but when they keep depriving the OTL pairing and give a lot to the romance with the 'other'... what do the fans of the OTL get at the end? do they get to see the romance?

            this affliction isn't only happening on stargate, it's rampant on tv. any fans of the jordan/woody pairing on 'crossing jordan' know what i'm talking about. it's old, it's cliche', and it's frustrating as hell. *that's* why i want *more* for the sam/jack relationship pay off.

            use some imagination for crying out loud

            sally
            Well, at least Jordan and Woody have progressed a little. For them, it's one step forward, two steps back. But for Sam and Jack (in canon, at least), they never really move forward.....at least, not perceptibly so.
            A-a-a-r-r-r-r-g-g-g-g-g-h-h-h-h-h-h!

            Thanks for the welcome back, Mandy! It's good to be in Samanda again!
            Last edited by sg-1fanintn; February 8, 2006, 07:08 PM.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Mandysg1
              This is for you Sally

              Scene opens in a dark room with the telephone ringing.

              'Damn it's 2 in the morning.' A bare arm reaches for the phone "Carter"

              "Sorry to disturb you Col. Carter, but there seems to be a problem with the gate." Harriman said apolagetically.

              "Isn't there anyone there that can handle it?" Sam said a little annoyed.

              "Sorry Ma'am but there's no one else on base that can handle the problem." Harriman said nervously.

              "Okay I'll be in as soon as I can" Sam said hanging up the phone.

              "Don't tell me you have to go in now?" Jack said pulling the covers up a liitle higher over his bare chest.

              "Sorry Jack, but duty calls. You know how it is." Sam said sitting up at the edge of the bed.

              Jack watched Sam get out of bed and enjoyed the view, he may be seeing her this way more often, but he would never get tired of it. "You know Sam, it may have taken 8 years but finding that mole was worth the wait."
              Author! Author! Applause to you, Mandy! I'd love to see this one played out! It confirms the romance, but includes just the right amount of the irreverent snarkiness we've come to know and love!

              Comment


                Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                I so agree with this! They're all about quirky!

                And although this is a little OT, I disagree with an earlier comment that their problems talking with each other would keep them from having a relationship. It's the things they want to say, but CAN'T, that make conversation awkward.
                hear, hear!


                i know this is going a bit too into the s/j angle, but can you imagine how wonderful the scenes would be between sam and jack if the angst level was gone? if you thought the first half sam/pete romance scenes were nice, sam/jack in the same relaxed state would put the s/p to dust. just my opinion of course.




                sally
                sally

                sigpic

                Comment


                  Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                  Author! Author! Applause to you, Mandy! I'd love to see this one played out! It confirms the romance, but includes just the right amount of the irreverent snarkiness we've come to know and love!
                  Thank you very much but right now I'm working on a story that takes place in S6, and it seems to be taking a while to write. (Maybe because I'm over here a lot )
                  sigpic

                  my fanfic

                  Comment


                    for the non shippers of the group, what topic would you like to talk about?

                    please, samandans, come out and play!





                    sally
                    sally

                    sigpic

                    Comment






                      hi i am Kallesta

                      is cool
                      i love

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by majorsal
                        hear, hear!

                        i know this is going a bit too into the s/j angle, but can you imagine how wonderful the scenes would be between sam and jack if the angst level was gone? if you thought the first half sam/pete romance scenes were nice, sam/jack in the same relaxed state would put the s/p to dust. just my opinion of course.
                        sally
                        Opinion shared by me, of course!

                        I think my big hope now is that RDA and AT will end up doing another series together--one where the situation would be different from the start. I watched the video that went with his MasterCard commercial, and he said he had been approached by all three networks about new projects, but hadn't found one yet. I know we've talked about this before, but wouldn't they be great in a McMillan & Wife type show??????

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by ForeverSg1



                          hi i am Kallesta

                          is cool
                          i love

                          HI KALLESTA, NEWEST AND YOUNGEST MEMBER OF SAMANDA! I'M GLAD YOUR MOMMY LET YOU STAY UP LONG ENOUGH TO TYPE HELLO! WE KNOW YOU LIKE SAM CARTER AND I LOVE HOW YOU DANCE TO THE STARGATE MUSIC!

                          AUNTIE CG

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by ForeverSg1




                            hi i am Kallesta

                            is cool
                            i love

                            Kallesta! Hi!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                              Opinion shared by me, of course!

                              I think my big hope now is that RDA and AT will end up doing another series together--one where the situation would be different from the start. I watched the video that went with his MasterCard commercial, and he said he had been approached by all three networks about new projects, but hadn't found one yet. I know we've talked about this before, but wouldn't they be great in a McMillan & Wife type show??????
                              Hi there, it was interesting to see that AT and RDA actually did that benefit ski thing in Banff a few weeks ago and still hang out together on occasion. Hopefully, their agents will realize that bringing them together for a gig could draw an audience. Even if it were just a two-hour Lifetime movie - how wonderful to give them an opportunity to act together and use some of that left-over onscreen chemistry.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                HI KALLESTA, NEWEST AND YOUNGEST MEMBER OF SAMANDA! I'M GLAD YOUR MOMMY LET YOU STAY UP LONG ENOUGH TO TYPE HELLO! WE KNOW YOU LIKE SAM CARTER AND I LOVE HOW YOU DANCE TO THE STARGATE MUSIC!

                                AUNTIE CG
                                Laugh, I'll let her read your message tomorrow. I promised her I'd let her type one message before bed tonight. I think she just wanted to play with the smilies.

                                Sally, Mini and the other shippers will be happy to know that unlike her mother Kallesta says that Sam and Jack love each other very much and should get married very very VERY soon.

                                But her heart will always belong to Teal'c.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X