Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    You know I'm still mystified about the glorification of Vala by CB fans. I couldn't do that about the character if AT were playing her. My own integrity as an individual is more important to me that my appreciation of an actor.
    No matter how great an actor is, if the character is badly written and directed, there is only so much he or she can do.

Barring a miracle next season, I don't see myself liking Vala, regardless of who plays her.

I grew to love Sam because the character is such a great female character - you don't get many of those to the pound in Sci Fi. I grew to love the character all her idyisynchronies and nuances. She is incredibly interesting. I was a Sam fan first then in season 2 the appreciation of Sam and AT grew in tandem.
    Sam is a truly wonderful character, played by a phenomenal actress.

She is a ruby, and stands out even more compared to some of the other characters, who are more like coloured glass.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      LOL

what a novel idea. wow, character moments. who'd woulda thunk of it???

and hey, they're cheap too. bet ya can have 10 character moments for the price of one space ship
      Just think of one of our favorites that we recently discussed quite a bit here: Solitudes. That was orginally written b/c they wanted to save money and look what a great job BW did with it. It is a great team episode and doesn't scream "look we're a team!"

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
        slightly OT, sorry about it

are you?

This is Sam's thread. the only place that sam has left since she's pretty much being written out of the show/sidelined into wallpaper

vala has three threads last i looked. two pro, one discussion

surely vala fans can find enough in those threads to occupy thier time and to discuss their favorite actress.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          It is a great team episode and doesn't scream "look we're a team!"
          Because it doesn't need to. We don't have to be told that they care about each other, we can see it and sense it for ourselves.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Just think of one of our favorites that we recently discussed quite a bit here: Solitudes. That was orginally written b/c they wanted to save money and look what a great job BW did with it. It is a great team episode and doesn't scream "look we're a team!"
            solitudes was a lot like tangent.

yeah, the kids were separated, but the tension kept it going. jack and teal'c working to survive while sam and daniel tore the galaxy apart to save them

fantastic team eps....and they only had 2 scenes together in the whole thing

sigpic

Comment

Maybe not post, not yet, perhaps in July after season 10 starts, but some nice hi-res screencaps from Beachhead, Ex Deus Machina and Babylon when my copy of season 9 vol. 2 DVD arrives in less than 2 weeks now
              cool, we'll see you in july then

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                Because it doesn't need to. We don't have to be told that they care about each other, we can see it and sense it for ourselves.
                yes. and that great chracter stuff came from those little lines and bits.

like in tangent 'damnit colonel, we didn't come all this way to take you home in a box!!'

or how jacob, ticked at having his cover blown, immediately changed his mind when sam said 'colonel o'neill and teal'c are in trouble'

sigpic

Comment

After all this season 9 & 10 talk, I feel the need for a cleansing dip into an older season episode. Maybe I'll view some Season 3 in preparation for our Season 3 favorite Sam episode voting next week (?)

Comment

are you?
                    Yes, because it was only to show the proof (unfortunately it appeared to be the wrong person at the moment) that they're listening to actors' ideas. And I really hope they're listening to EVERYBODY.

Comment

What do you mean by "lately"? 'cause listening (or reading) his and Andy Mikita or Jim Menard DVD commentaries or reading his new interview for GW it doesn't look like that at all. The proof of of this from RCC's interview is slightly OT, sorry about it - http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=4417
                      You have completely and totally missed the point of what is being said here FH - the fact that you use this as back-up to your statement is indicative of the larger problem.

Comment

LOL

what a novel idea. wow, character moments. who'd woulda thunk of it???

and hey, they're cheap too. bet ya can have 10 character moments for the price of one space ship
                        I know, it sounds crazy, doesn't it? Character moments? I mean, who wants them when they can have super duper toilet bowls...sorry, Ori space ships. But hey, what do my thoughts and opinions matter? I'm only a fan who spends money on DVDs and conventions and stuff. My opinions are obviously worthless.
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

cool, we'll see you in july then

Seriously FH this is a pro Sam thread hopefully you will be respectful of that. I'm not quite sure why you would be here if you didn't want to be pro Sam. I wouldn't dream of wasting my time posting about Sam all the time on a pro Vala thread whilst trying to make nice. Life is just too short

I do not mind people joining in on this thread who like Vala as well as Sam, but I would expect that their postings are mostly about Sam.

You can start a pro Sam/Vala thread if you wish.

Comment

Seriously FH this is a pro Sam thread hopefully you will be respectful of that. I'm not quite sure why you would be here if you didn't want to be pro Sam. I wouldn't dream of wasting my time posting about Sam all the time on a pro Vala thread whilst trying to make nice. Life is just too short

I do not mind people joining in on this thread who like Vala as well as Sam, but I would expect that their postings are mostly about Sam.

You can start a pro Sam/Vala thread if you wish.
                            Actually, Coley, I think there already is one.
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

After all this season 9 & 10 talk, I feel the need for a cleansing dip into an older season episode. Maybe I'll view some Season 3 in preparation for our Season 3 favorite Sam episode voting next week (?)
                              Great idea!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                                Actually, Coley, I think there already is one.
                                And yet........

Comment

Working...
                                X