Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    we all know Sky it is a case of very sad weak male (RCC) being intimidated by strong, sexy intelligent female (AT). Plain as the nose. He has been undermining Sam for a while and now with RDA and MG gone he has just totally lost it. Any chap who creates a character like Vala, pimps her like RCC is doing and then claims she's fun, exciting and interesting is quite frankly one can short of a six pack. It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad for the man!!

AT has dignity - I doubt RCC knows what that is!!
    i think you've got a good point. he does do everything he can to diminish sam adn diminish what she stands for. smart, intellilgent and beautiful women can be very intimidating.

they're so much easier to handle when they're 'wishy-washy emotional wrecks in a relationship' or 'the fun girl'
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      Guess they're bored gushing amongst themselves, they gotta come and gush all over us too. In a way, it's a lot like Origin.

Thou must accept that Vala is the center of the universe...or we will harrass and pester you until you do accept that vala is the only character on the shwo
      That's a frightening thought. A cult of Vala.

I wonder if any former System Lords are recruiting for priestesses.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

This isn't what I expected when they said they had great possibilities in mind for us this season...

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
          I agree that snippet from cooper on SGA character moments made laugh at him - I do that a lot when he's the subject of an interview he's such a putz. It is soo ironic what he said because that is exactly what is glaringly absent from SG1 and has been for a couple of seasons now, IMO (hhmmm - funny how that correspnds with cooper's dismal run as showrunner) - the fans have been saying and are still saying that they want SG1 together and to have those moments -- especially the BIG 3 - too bad he has his head so far up his a$$ that he hears SGA when the fans say SG1.
          yes. waht made SG-1 a hit for 6 years wasn't sexy costumes, slinky characters or explosions

it was daniel asking sam if she was ok in jolinar's memories, the boys following her to hell to save her father, sam squeezing jack's hand when she killed hiim, the look on jack's face when he killed sam, jonas almost dying to keep his visions going, jack wiping away a tear when sam died, teal'c giving sam a hug in PL, teal'c knowing that sam would return in foothold, jack talking daniel down after need

THAT's what made the show great

not sex and bimbos and silliness and frat house humor

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
            That's a frightening thought. A cult of Vala.

I wonder if any former System Lords are recruiting for priestesses.
            we could find out. Send them on over.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              No, really--how do you feel? I agree--too often "having fun" making a film or show leads to a bad result. Was it JM who said he had fun writing
              Spoiler:
              the scavenger hunt episode?
              And we all know how *that* turned out. Well, at least I found that one of the worst episodes ever.
              You know, I found that episode hilarious, as a one off. It was the only one of the first half I caught on Sky, I think. But after going back and watching all of them, having that humour every week just doesn't work.
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

yes. waht made SG-1 a hit for 6 years wasn't sexy costumes, slinky characters or explosions

it was daniel asking sam if she was ok in jolinar's memories, the boys following her to hell to save her father, sam squeezing jack's hand when she killed hiim, the look on jack's face when he killed sam, jonas almost dying to keep his visions going, jack wiping away a tear when sam died, teal'c giving sam a hug in PL, teal'c knowing that sam would return in foothold, jack talking daniel down after need

THAT's what made the show great

not sex and bimbos and silliness and frat house humor
                Somebody needs to sit the writers through the early seasons. They've lost their way.

Comment

we could find out. Send them on over.
                  what i don't get...sure there are plenty of folks round her that don't like sam. fine. cool. don't like her.

I'm not so insecure in my like that i feel the need to harrass and harrangue and pester them for DARING to not like what i like. They dont' like her, fine. Don't like her.

I'm not gonna to and harrass every single person that doesn't like Sam until they surrender, leave the board or declare 'yes, we were wrong. we do love her. thank you for showing us the error of our ways!!!!!!!!'

I RESPECT the fact that they don't liek her and leave them alone.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                    Somebody needs to sit the writers through the early seasons. They've lost their way.
                    You know, I was reading the article about RCC on the Gateworld main page. He was banging on about the character moments that they had in earlier SG1 series, that they want to bring into Atlantis. Well... while they're at it, how about bringing them back to SG1?!
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                      i think the reason it annoys us now is because it was so natural before. AT, RDA, CJ, and MS were so natural together, and so much of their friendship carried over, even in the early seasons. we've been spoiled by grandmas cookies, and now that she's gone, mom's giving us a boatload of oreos.

It's funny - I was flipping channels last night and on A&E they had a biography of John Ritter. They talked about the phenomenal success of the first 4-5 years of 3s Company and attributed a great deal of the success to the "immediate" chemistry between the 3 leads. After Suzanne Sommers left the show continued but it was never the same and fell in the ratings steadily unti it was cancelled 2 years later (IIRC). It reminded me so much of SG1 and the chemistry the original 4 had almost immediately - they drew you in BECAUSE of their chemistry - now that is all gone, partly because, IMO, BB does not fit in because mitchell does not fit in and there is too much tension palatable on-screen. The chemistry is gone, the team feeling that was there is gone (even between the BIG 3) the show goes on for a season or 2 like 3s Company but I do not see it going further - IMO, the ratings will continue to decline because one of the main things that attracted the fanbase - THAT chemistry - is gone. (MS eluded to this chemistry and what the original team had in the Monday night thing he said 2 weeks ago - he's dead-on, unfortunately that chemistry is gone and I do not think they will get anything even close to chemistry with what they've got now.)
                      Last edited by binkpmmc; 15 April 2006, 01:07 PM.

Comment

no, cause you see, not only is vala going to take over sam's place on the show and push her to the background, the vala fans are going to take over sam's place on this board and do thier best to vala-ify everything and anything

Guess they're bored gushing amongst themselves, they gotta come and gush all over us too. In a way, it's a lot like Origin.

Thou must accept that Vala is the center of the universe...or we will harrass and pester you until you do accept that vala is the only character on the shwo
                        You know I'm still mystified about the glorification of Vala by CB fans. I couldn't do that about the character if AT were playing her. My own integrity as an individual is more important to me that my appreciation of an actor.

I grew to love Sam because the character is such a great female character - you don't get many of those to the pound in Sci Fi. I grew to love the character all her idyisynchronies and nuances. She is incredibly interesting. I was a Sam fan first then in season 2 the appreciation of Sam and AT grew in tandem.

The fanatical following of Vala I find rather disturbing on a number of counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          You know, I was reading the article about RCC on the Gateworld main page. He was banging on about the character moments that they had in earlier SG1 series, that they want to bring into Atlantis. Well... while they're at it, how about bringing them back to SG1?!
                          Why have character moments when you can have big boom-boom effects, cheap humour and shiny ships?

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            LOL

what a novel idea. wow, character moments. who'd woulda thunk of it???

and hey, they're cheap too. bet ya can have 10 character moments for the price of one space ship

sigpic

Comment

what i don't get...sure there are plenty of folks round her that don't like sam. fine. cool. don't like her.

I'm not so insecure in my like that i feel the need to harrass and harrangue and pester them for DARING to not like what i like. They dont' like her, fine. Don't like her.

I'm not gonna to and harrass every single person that doesn't like Sam until they surrender, leave the board or declare 'yes, we were wrong. we do love her. thank you for showing us the error of our ways!!!!!!!!'

I RESPECT the fact that they don't liek her and leave them alone.
                              That's one of the disturbing points right there!

The gauntlet has been thrown down Formerhost - is a great Sam/AT post coming our way from you?!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

The fanatical following of Vala I find rather disturbing on a number of counts.
                                i do too.

that's one other thing that vala shares with daniel....fans that are devoted to the point of obsession and who have a pathetically low tolerance and respect of anyone and everyone else that does not share thier narrow little world view.

Perhaps how an actor's fans act are representative to how good of a character they play? I mean, rda fans are a pretty tolerant bunch, so are sm fans and those few teal'c fans while it seems that Vala, Daniel and Cameron are saddled with a bunch of fans that are disrespectful and sometimes downright rude to anyone and everyone else

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X