No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know I've been thinking about this whole what they could do with Sam in 10 etc and something struck me.

I don't buy that Sam was a fully invested member of SG-1 in 9. In fact I don't buy that any of them were fully concentrating on SG-1 except Mitchell. That would be because they spent so much story time concentrating on a character that I neither knew nor cared about (Sorry Coop.. his intro was totally contrived).. so I'm left with the impression that the real SG-1 were all busy doing other things on the side.. if you know what I mean.

Following on from that thought, I'd love it if it turned out that not only was Sam still running Area 51 the whole time, albiet with much help from her 2IC, but she's also been running Oversight for Homeworld Security (read Jack) on the operations of the SGC in the new command.. and THAT'S why Jack sent her back to SG-1. I can see Jack not trusting Landry or Mitchell, far more than I can buy that he would put Mitchell in charge of SG-1.

So in homage to La Femme Nikita.. it'll turn out that Sam actually outranks them all at some point due to her "special assignment" on Jack's recommendation, reporting directly to the President.

sigpic

Comment

You mean the wings and the medal around her neck?

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      I embellished a lot more than the salad and the crown/sceptre.

There are at least 2 other additions. Can you see 'em?
      sigpic

Comment

MOH and some aviation badge. can't tell which. i'd assume command pilot?EDIT: Myrth beat me! u do something to her insignia too? too shiny for me to tell (WHAT did i do with the original?)
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth

You've missed something.

Oh, btw... Little Miss Spoilsport (aka ForeverSG-1) asked me to make a version sans the royal garb. So here it is...again...this time, Royalty Free (so to speak):

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
            olivia's just bonding with jack and teal'c's symbiote.
            EDIT: wow i totally took that the wrong way, didn't i? no idea what i was thinking (because that's unsual for me). darn, and i thought it was a funny joke, too. no soap, radio.
            I don't understand the "no soap, radio" part? Maybe I'm reading yours the wrong way too?
            Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

I dunno much about the Air Force, but has the woman been serving for forty years or something? Because there sure are a lot of shiny, colorful things there, practically dangling down to her knees.

Or is that normal?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                I dunno much about the Air Force, but has the woman been serving for forty years or something? Because there sure are a lot of shiny, colorful things there, practically dangling down to her knees.

Or is that normal?
                Only if you're Samantha Carter.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
                  I don't understand the "no soap, radio" part? Maybe I'm reading yours the wrong way too?
                  it's a saying (am i seriously the only one who's heard of this) that is used as the punchline for a joke that isn't really funny. just...ignore me.
                  goes to her corner and waits for her stupidity to blow over. bad night, or what?
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                  Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Oh I missed the wings, but I did see the medal around her neck, what medal is it?
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Only if you're Samantha Carter.
                      So... no... ?

Comment

Hey Ooober, I did notice you also made her a Major General.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                          it's a saying (am i seriously the only one who's heard of this) that is used as the punchline for a joke that isn't really funny. just...ignore me.
                          goes to her corner and waits for her stupidity to blow over. bad night, or what?
                          Is it a british thing? Don't feel bad!
                          Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

You know I've been thinking about this whole what they could do with Sam in 10 etc and something struck me.

I don't buy that Sam was a fully invested member of SG-1 in 9. In fact I don't buy that any of them were fully concentrating on SG-1 except Mitchell. That would be because they spent so much story time concentrating on a character that I neither knew nor cared about (Sorry Coop.. his intro was totally contrived).. so I'm left with the impression that the real SG-1 were all busy doing other things on the side.. if you know what I mean.

Following on from that thought, I'd love it if it turned out that not only was Sam still running Area 51 the whole time, albiet with much help from her 2IC, but she's also been running Oversight for Homeworld Security (read Jack) on the operations of the SGC in the new command.. and THAT'S why Jack sent her back to SG-1. I can see Jack not trusting Landry or Mitchell, far more than I can buy that he would put Mitchell in charge of SG-1.

So in homage to La Femme Nikita.. it'll turn out that Sam actually outranks them all at some point due to her "special assignment" on Jack's recommendation, reporting directly to the President.

I like the way you think Let's put Sam in a position worthy of her!
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              Oh I missed the wings, but I did see the medal around her neck, what medal is it?
                              The Medal is the Air Force version of the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Here's a little factoid...there have been only SEVENTEEN Air Force recipients of the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Well eighteen if you include Cambo.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                                Hey Ooober, I did notice you also made her a Major General.
                                *sounds the alarm*

You win the Kewpie doll.

Comment

Working...
                                X