Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Hmmm. I thought Royal Floozy was one of my subduties
    that might be so, but royal hooker has fringe benefits. (and you get to lay down a lot )

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
      Uh... You DO realize that you have to produce a fic now, right?
      *that's* it!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

{mod Snip}

We have a brilliant scientist

A competent soldier

And a not so talented artist.

Why can't we appreciate all her talents and lack of artistic talents in a thread that's dedicated to her ?
        Last edited by TameFarrar; 03 April 2006, 02:22 PM. Reason: quoted post removed
        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Hey, when compared to mine, Sam's talent as an artist makes her look like Davinci...

So, relatively speaking she is a very talented artist.
          Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, would you guys be interested in doing some kind of round robin fic thing in here? Might help us all deal with the dissappointments if we write our own 200th ep. For those who don't write, any ideas and contributions can be added by someone who does I'm sure, or you could just add a sentence or paragraph.

Thoughts? Yes, No.... bugger off Myrth you git?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
              Just out of curiosity, would you guys be interested in doing some kind of round robin fic thing in here? Might help us all deal with the dissappointments if we write our own 200th ep. For those who don't write, any ideas and contributions can be added by someone who does I'm sure, or you could just add a sentence or paragraph.

Thoughts? Yes, No.... bugger off Myrth you git?

Could it have its own thread to avoid missing bits and pieces - I often come back to this thread and struggle to find where I left off.
              scarimor

Comment

{mod Snip}
                And, meanwhile, back in the universe in which Stargate began, we have Sam, who wanted to save other women from rape in The Broca Divide, who was beaten, abused, and nearly raped herself in Emancipation and still came back to best Turghan in a duel already slanted in his favor. We have Sam who finds another way, instead of repeating Jolinar’s capitulation to Binar The Disgusting on Netu. We have Sam who pulls her own weight; does her part, and pays her own way. We have Sam, team player who does what’s best for the mission, not what’s best for Sam or what Sam wants most – including giving up sole command of her own SG unit as ordered (still think that was Landry’s call) and cleaning up after the not-yet-housebroken puppy that was given the command instead. We have Sam who never so much as dangles the offer of her body in front of any of the many captors who’ve held SG-1 over the years, in hope of better treatment for herself or her team. We have Sam whose intelligence, skills, competence, tenacity, strength and integrity are her coin in trade, not her body, nor her skills in pleasing males. Sam finds a way to enact a decision she can live with – Vala, like spilled water, takes the path of least resistance directly to the lowest level.

And still, we have people who call Sam tramp, slut, and whore because she’s had male admirers across the galaxy, most of whom didn’t get so much as a kiss from her. If putting up with amorous aliens, while not putting out to amorous aliens, makes Sam a slut, I have to wonder why having put out for gain doesn’t make Vala subject to an even more pejorative definition. Maybe ‘fun’ is like Teflon, in TPTB-Continuum’s alternate dimension...?

Perhaps I am the rigid, literal, uptight and boring person whom I am sometimes described as being. So be it. I still don’t want to be told that a lewd, base, lying, self-involved and self centered, manipulative, criminal sex-pot constitutes ‘fun,’ or is funny by definition, or that I should enjoy her or emulate her, or believe that a USAF base, or the officers and professionals thereon, would believably go along with her escapades apparently just because they and/or she are being defined as ‘fun’ by TPTB-Continuum. Give me tensor calculus, computers, Mach 2, P90’s, .Net, 5 G’s, C4, books, technical lingo, blue jello, honor, responsibility, dedication, intensity, compassion and integrity, any – and, indeed, every – day, instead. They don't shatter my suspension of disbelief. The Vala I've seen in 7 eps so far, does.
                Last edited by TameFarrar; 03 April 2006, 12:52 PM. Reason: qotd post removed and related response-off topic
                ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

[QUOTE=Lys]
                  Originally posted by Tracy Jane

{Mod Snip}

We have a brilliant scientist

A competent soldier

Why can't we appreciate all her talents and lack of artistic talents in a thread that's dedicated to her ?
                  What episode are this pic from?
                  Last edited by TameFarrar; 03 April 2006, 02:23 PM. Reason: portion removed

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                    I have no doubt cooper can write (as can most of the others but they all seem to have lost that ability since their duties doubled with SGA) - however he is, IMO, a terrible showrunner - as showrunner he is responsible for the direction of the show and the decisionmaking and, IMO, he has made a mess in the two seasons he has been showrunner. He should go back to writing and leave the showrunning to others, hopefully Brad Wright. (The story AT recounts re: the end of affinity - that disaster, among other disasters - solidified for me my opinions of cooper, as did all of his arrogant comments in interviews over the past 2 years. It is also my opinion, especially after that mysoginst clap-trap nonsense, that levine is cooper's mouthpiece.).
                    coop is a good writer, most of the time anyway, but as a showrunner? I don't think he hs the talent.

being a show runner means that you have to plan for the long haul, you have to belooking 14 episodes ahead and keeping things on an even keep. You have to keep an eye out for continuity screw ups (like the dude on both promie and odyssey....that's been on both ships and has FOUR, yes FOUR ranks....same actor, and the character has the same name)

you basically are the quality control for the whole schebang...and i think he gets so caught up in little things that he loses sight of the big picture, so the other boys write and produce and direct....and then once things are all said and done 'oops, did we do that???? oh well, they'll never notice'
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Posting as a mod here

FOrmerhost, unless and until we actually get some commentary that's about Sam, how about you keep your comments and announcements in the Vala thread, where they are the most appropriate. They certainly are not here and are definitely OFF TOPIC.

Other folks, if you want to discuss these commentaries, take the discussion to the threads that FormerHOst has created.

If folks want to debate vala, well there is a vala discussion thread in addition to the wow thread, take it there.

This is SAm's thread. the ONLY thread on this forum that's dedicated to the character and actress alone.

And it is going to STAY the Sam Thread.

If you see any off-topic posts, please, report them. So that all the mods know about them and can come in here and police them since, apparantly, I'm not to be listened to now and ignored....seeing as how i've been trying to keep this thread on topic all weekend and keep getting ignored.

We've never had to police this thread stringently before, but it seems that we have so many disrespectful and disobedient rule breakers in there that we now have to come down with an iron fist.

Keep this thread on topic or posts will be deleted.

sigpic

Comment

Is the showrunner thing off-topic? I was about to post but maybe not...
                        scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost

What episode are this pic from?
                          The first pic is from Red Sky, the second one from Icon and the last one from Learning Curve.
                          If you haven't seen them yet Formerhost, I suggest you have a look. While they're in my opinion team episodes with the exception of Icon being more a Daniel episode, Sam plays a good part in them and you can appreciate all the aspects of her character.
                          Red Sky is a very interesting one because we see Sam in full scientist mode dealing with not always being right and how to fix mistakes.
                          In Icon, she's showing her leadership abilities.
                          In Learning Curve, you have a wonderful relationship between Merrin, the little girl and Sam and Jack. Whike the emphasis is put between Jack and Merrin, it also shows how Sam relates wonderfully to children. It's also the beginning of the infamous naquadah reactor.
                          Worth a try.
                          Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

This thread is 'sam's a great character'

so your comments need to relate to Sam.

We're discussing the show in other threads, such as, if your comments are not positive, the anti s9 or anti s10 threads, or if you enjoy things, there are pro threads as well.

there is also the existing leadership thread.

This thread is the ONLY one here that's about sam as a character and not part of a ship and it needs to be kept this way.

sigpic

Comment

Ok, topic of the day

let's start at the beginning...which episode of s1 defined an aspect of sam? Which bits of episodes gave us some character development for her?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lys

[/LEFT

Hey, don't diss the art work. I love the stick person & that smile when she shows it to Merrin.

Comment

Working...
                                X