Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starprops
    Exactly... I don't see Janet letting Sam out of bed until she knew what drugs were in her and checked her very thoroughly - I expected to see her in an infirmary bed herself not looking like she had just "rescued" Jack from a kidnapping......
    I'm surprised that Sam was able to move after spending at least several days being pumped full of Heaven knows what kind of drugs, likely being subjected to invasive tests and coming with a few seconds of being killed.

Even if adrenaline allowed her to take part in the hunt for Conrad, she would have crashed shortly afterwards.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
      I'm surprised that Sam was able to move after spending at least several days being pumped full of Heaven knows what kind of drugs, likely being subjected to invasive tests and coming with a few seconds of being killed.

Even if adrenaline allowed her to take part in the hunt for Conrad, she would have crashed shortly afterwards.
      oh yeah, bad plot hole

but i would have LOVED to have seen sam be effected in some way

i think that's why i wrote 3-4 Desp Meas tags to 'fix' that. Sam was gonna be shaky and weak and emotionally messed up....and they needed to show that

But i think they were so afraid of the mushy stuff that they ignored it

hey, maybe that's why we got the little bits in Grace and Death Knell????
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Definitely. I also would be interested in what would have happened if Sam hadn't been given permission to tell Pete about the stargate - or in seeing why Hammond allowed it.
        i still think that sam telling pete wasn't a matter of trust, it was a means of control. if he was on the outside, then he could keep prying. But when she told him, all of a sudden he was bound by the same rules she was....Talk and it's Treason

By bringing him in, they controlled him. Woulda been nice if we'd have seen that though
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          oh yeah, bad plot hole

but i would have LOVED to have seen sam be effected in some way

i think that's why i wrote 3-4 Desp Meas tags to 'fix' that. Sam was gonna be shaky and weak and emotionally messed up....and they needed to show that

But i think they were so afraid of the mushy stuff that they ignored it

hey, maybe that's why we got the little bits in Grace and Death Knell????
          I could definitely see Sam being affected emotionally as well as physically by the events of 'Desperate Measures'.

She might be more or less accustomed to danger offworld, but being abducted on her way home from the gym isn't something she would be prepared to deal with.

Comment

i still think that sam telling pete wasn't a matter of trust, it was a means of control. if he was on the outside, then he could keep prying. But when she told him, all of a sudden he was bound by the same rules she was....Talk and it's Treason

By bringing him in, they controlled him. Woulda been nice if we'd have seen that though
            True.

Comment

That's exactly my point - I think Sam was running on empty and would have crashed hard after all that had been done to her...

Comment

Originally posted by starprops
                That's exactly my point - I think Sam was running on empty and would have crashed hard after all that had been done to her...
                I think this is one of the reasons that Desperate Measures is one episode where I actively search for fanfic tags or missing scenes. It felt so incomplete the way it aired that I need to see something more. (Veiled plea for fic recs here. Sky, I've read all of yours. Many times. )

I also would have changed the ending to Ascension-I would have dealt with the fact that her team didn't trust her-or support her. I would have liked her to have been pissed at them, and really felt they should have apologized. Ascension is, for that reason, the episode I most hate in all nine years of Stargate.
                Last edited by Deejay435; 30 March 2006, 08:12 AM.

Comment

I would definitely like to see more of the personal effects that some of these storylines have on the characters and see them extended beyond the reach of that particular episode. The concept of Jolinar was brought back repeatedly, so we got some sense of continuity there, but it bothers me sometimes how easily ideas and emotional circumstances are kind of forgotten. The characters are people and shouldn't just begin with a clean slate every week; it obviously wouldn't be productive to have them moping and weeping over their lives all the time either, but a few references would be nice. Continuity is god.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                    I also would have changed the ending to Ascension-I would have dealt with the fact that her team didn't trust her-for support her. I would have liked her to have been pissed at them, and really felt they should have apologized.
                    Me too.

Wasn't there a deleted scene where Sam found out that the results of her psych evealuation had come back and shown that she was sane and nobody had told her or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost

Cast changes were happening on Farscape actually every season. We lost one character at the beginning of the third season, the new character joined at the beginning of the same season, another one at the end of third and the last at the beginning of fourth. So new people on the show aren't really the problem.
                      True, but imagine Aeryn & Crichton being reduced to minor characters, rather than staying central to the story as they added new people.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                        SQUEE! Heehee! I LOVE this one! *daydreams the shipping possibilities* Of course, you do know that Jack immediately sent Daniel and Teal'c out to go get pizza, which left him and Sam quite alone, right? They just happened to cut that scene off the end.
                        Aargh! Runs away screaming & covering her ears.
                        Edit: on second thought--they were probably just playing cards while waiting for the pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                          It's cool that she wants something detrimental like that to have been on Sam's shoulders. For one thing, I'm sure it would've been a nice element to play: Guilt. She certainly got that in Gemini, and a couple of others, but no one died, right? That would've been interesting.

Plus, she's always saying that the character is fallible, which is cool. We would've been able to see the bitter and harsh consequence of her simply being human.
                          The mistake in Red Sky was a lot easier for me to accept than the one in Gemini. And being unable to solve it would go back to the idea we talked about earlier--they are just 20th/21st century humans and some things are just beyond our science.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            I'm sorry, but I personally can't believe that is the case here. Amanda directed the episode Resurrection in Season 7. Not only did she direct the episode, which earned her a nomination for Best Director, but she also acted in the episode as well AND she was pregnant at the time. So I guess if what you say about Cooper is true, then one could say that women truly are the stronger of the two sexes.
                            And she took time to be nice to the contest winner.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              Aargh! Runs away screaming & covering her ears.
                              Edit: on second thought--they were probably just playing cards while waiting for the pizza.

Yes. Just a bit of snap. And Sam won.

scarimor

Comment

Jello shots are good. and if it's made with vodka, you don't even taste the booze...
                                I feel it necessary to interject at this point and mention that Jell-O shooters are best with vanilla rum.

That is all.

Comment

Working...
                                X