Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scarimor

Ah, probably not due to that. About one in four human pregnancies results in a miscarriage anyway. It's very common. Most happen so early that the woman doesn't even know she was pregnant, but still a heck of a lot happen somewhere within the first 12 weeks for any number of reasons that have nothing to do with what the woman's doing at the time.
    I know it is, scarimor, but extra stresses don't help things. I was told by my doctor that it was 1/3, but that might be wrong, I guess. Any road up, it's a heck of a lot. Sorry, my post was badly phrased.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      I know it is, scarimor, but extra stresses don't help things. I was told by my doctor that it was 1/3, but that might be wrong, I guess. Any road up, it's a heck of a lot. Sorry, my post was badly phrased.
      Mine was too, I edited just as you posted
      scarimor

Comment

I've just come onto this forum for a bit of a browse and I'm gobsmacked.

You guys have such cool and groovy sigs. I'm kind of jealous.

Comment

Just to let you know that the 2nd and 2 1/2 parts of Avalon pt. 1 commentary transcript is up - HERE! Enjoy reading!

Comment

Very nice, thank you Formerhost.

Comment

Originally posted by suse
              Producers don't talk to actors re:contracts. Stargate side talks to the actors agent. It is completely inappropiate to talk contact with the actor, not to mention a breach in union rules. And you can't be an actor without being in the union.

=============
              On topic:
              We need more con reports with Amanda!
              ---------------------

Suse
              As I said, we don't really know what were they talking about... I wasn't a fly on the wall there, unfortunately... I guess, Coop were talking to Claudia about her character in season 10 and not about the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                This is really difficult especially if you really do not like the characters. The people who are posting long posts - what you call rants - may be trying get across a logical argument and listing points that have led them to this conclusion. These points may be reinforced after every ep - which may lead to repetition.

I think everyone agrees it is a writer problem. I think Cameron could be a great character. If the producers let Vala cover her cleavage and the writers gave her some more lines that didn't revolve around sexual innuendo her character too has potential.

TDOS Says it well that LT fans of Sam/AT are likely to be disgruntled at the goings on in SG1. I don't think the series needed these 2 characters It just needed a great 4th team member for SG1. I wanted Teal'c to have a bigger more inclusive role in SG1 - so our fave characters have been sidelined. I for one would prefer them to be sidelined by really good characters, Their addition to SG1 is more annoying to me because they are not (IMO). Thus I now am not interested in the show only season 1 to 8

You can't be kind to a character you don't like, but hopefully we can be respectful. In a way if people are listing long posts about things they dislike about the character - hopefully this is better and more respectful than making a trite remark - like I'm afraid I did a few posts back.

Does this make sense??
                It makes very good sense, RA. And, to tell the truth, maybe I've had my blindfold on, but I've never seen deliberate bashing/name calling/vilification of an actor taken to excess at this thread. I've always thought hic comitas regit seems to prevail. We usually find ways (like humor) to monitor and pull ourselves back from the brink. I don't see SaGCT filling with toxic waste as some threads seem to do.

What I've always liked about SaGCT is the passion and the compassion of the posters. Sam Carter has managed to be the catalyst for such a diverse and fun group of people ... many of us have now become friends off this thread as well. I know Amanda thinks that's quite cool herself.

So, here's to Samanda and another round of drinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  I just have to say this pic keeps on puttin a smile on my face
                  AT: Oh boy!!! And it's CJ's turn next...

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                    I think everyone agrees it is a writer problem. I think Cameron could be a great character. If the producers let Vala cover her cleavage and the writers gave her some more lines that didn't revolve around sexual innuendo her character too has potential.
                    Coop is talking about it in the commentary for Avalon pt. 1:

"RC: The other thing that a lot of people have reacted to, both positive and negative, is the sexiness of the Vala character. You kind of helped establish that in directing “Prometheus Unbound”. And obviously Claudia had a tremendous amount to do with that. But, you know, it was something different. I’m sure that for you it was, you know, a fresh flavour.

AM: Oh, absolutely.

RC: We sort of… We’re almost androgynous on SG-1. It’s sort of sex-free show. And I think a lot of audience kind of reacted to that. A lot of people kind of …Don’t expect that or even don’t want that in Stargate. It’s a family show. Certainly there’s a line that we don’t want to cross and that we want to be respectful. But I thought it was fun to have a character that was a little more aware and, you know, overtly sexual.

AM: Exactly. Exactly.

RC: Someone, who’s kind of… For us as writers, it’s always great to have what we call an “id” in the room, who can sort of speak their mind and not have any editing process."

And technically speaking, it's only Avalon 1 & 2, and the beginning of The Ties That Bind when Vala wears this "infamous" outfit, which for her, as she told about it in the interview, was a torture And about lines... could you please tell me what lines exactly are you talking about? 'cause I haven't noticed anything like that in "Origin", "The Powers That Be", "Beachhead" and "Crusade". There's very little of them even in both parts of "Avalon" and "The Ties That Bind".

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                      Since you have enjoyed the picture, how about a GIF(t) ????

whoo!!!!!!!1

thanks. that was a wonderful thing to wake up to in the morning
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        argh, yes, another one!

here sam went through hell and it was 'jack' that was getting comfort and concern at the end. i never understood that. okay, jack got shot, that's bad, but sam was kidnapped, drugged, experiemented on, and almost murdered... the focus should have stayed on *her*. blasted writers

sally
                        oh YEAH!!!

poor sam, she gets put through the wringer and....let's make sure jack's owie is ok

like what? these folks have an issue with the boys giving a girl comfort?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carson's girl
                          Ooh I've never had jello shooters. They sound good though. Of course with Sam, it would have to be blue jello I agree about the rum and Diet Coke too. Rum and Coke is good and we know from Upgrades that Sam prefers Diet Coke anyway.

Jello shots are good. and if it's made with vodka, you don't even taste the booze

one thing that i liked about Gatecon was that it was fanrun....and since they were fans and had interaction with other fans, well they knew who some of the more...unique fans were. And there was a security detail just to keep an eye on those that they knew wouldn't/couldn't behave appropraitely

since creation is corporation run, they don't have any idea who the attendees are beyond whether or not thier check bounces

sigpic

Comment

How about, unless the commentary is about Amanda's epsode, we keep the discussion about it in the thread that Former Host has so graciously created for just that purpose?

I haven't watched them yet and would like a chance to watch them without knowing what they're all about

sigpic

Comment

argh, yes, another one!

here sam went through hell and it was 'jack' that was getting comfort and concern at the end. i never understood that. okay, jack got shot, that's bad, but sam was kidnapped, drugged, experiemented on, and almost murdered... the focus should have stayed on *her*. blasted writers

sally
                              Exactly... I don't see Janet letting Sam out of bed until she knew what drugs were in her and checked her very thoroughly - I expected to see her in an infirmary bed herself not looking like she had just "rescued" Jack from a kidnapping......

Comment

okay, you've reminded me. i'd change the ending of chimera. sam would have been mad at pete for spying/following/checking up on her. whether she kept him around or not after that is not the point right now; it's sam acting like she's always acted and responding to being treated with disrespect. so i'd have her get pissed at him for treating her that way.

sally
                                Definitely. I also would be interested in what would have happened if Sam hadn't been given permission to tell Pete about the stargate - or in seeing why Hammond allowed it.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X