• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Okay, a fan favorite, Singularity ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...SamHazmat1.jpg

And Revisions ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...SamHazmat2.jpg

I'll let someone else take a turn now.
    Here's a few I could think off off the top of my head.

Message in a Bottle( not a hazmat but cool anyway )
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...erSG1/miab.jpg

Frozen
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...SG1/frozen.jpg

The Lost City II
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...erSG1/lcp2.jpg

Four Horseman II
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...verSG1/fh2.jpg

Comment

I've just made a Sam wallpaper for those of you who might be interested!

here it is:

Lyrics: Everybody Hurts by The Corrs

(if someone want the same in 800x600, just PM me)

And no hotlinking please!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Here's a few I could think off off the top of my head.

Message in a Bottle( not a hazmat but cool anyway )
        http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...erSG1/miab.jpg

Frozen
        http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...SG1/frozen.jpg

The Lost City II
        http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...erSG1/lcp2.jpg

Four Horseman II
        http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...verSG1/fh2.jpg

She looks good in red, doesn't she!!

Comment

So I watched the episode and I have to say it's the second episode this season I would actually watch over. Sure I had some cons but the pro out weighed them at last. The team actually acted more like a team in last night’s episode.
          Spoiler:
          I knew about the Prometheus and Pendergast before I started watching so I was ready for it, although still sad to see them go. I enjoyed them. Sam help build the ship and she knew it like the back of her hand. The next ship I hope she worked on at area 51 so she can still have the same role on it. It was nice to see Sam working on the details of the missions ... Science Sam is always so much fun.

CON now I miss Jack and I hope he is mentioned in episodes so I look for it - That said I have a little nitpick as to why the Writers would give the Mitchell character the lines reminding the audience something JACK SAID It just seems out of place for Mitchell to mention past missions or recap Jack's dialogue or feelings on a subject he’s not familiar with as Sam, Daniel, and Teal’c are. They are the ones that share the connection/family/bond to Jack. I'm just saying it would hold more clout for S/D/T to mention JAck.

Overall it was a good episode, Teal'c could have done a little more I think, still it was nice. The team was more pronounced in that they were working together. I liked
          Spoiler:
          Daniel's dilemma while in prison and trying to keep peace between two nations. It really showed the side of Daniel I like. Teal'c and Mitchell's reaction to Sam when she came into the room after the Prometheus was lost was touching. I like that Mitchell offered to put the f302's between the Prometheus and the satellite weapon, even though the satellite did provide the fatal blow. Teal'c's line was funny something about that may not be wise, or something to that effect. I agree with whoever said this show provided a moral dilemma like in "The Other Side" I enjoyed that s4 episode as well.

And on that note I leave once again. Sorry for the fly by post. Have a good weekend everyone.
          Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 04 February 2006, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Hey, Pennsy is good; it's very good. And, just to make things interesting, I'm gonna root for those gutsy Steelers, especially since my Eagles tanked this season!
            Hmm? Is this one of Daniel's alien languages everyone is using
            F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L now that sounds alien to me
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
              Go Leafs Go

Hey AT grew up in Toronto, she is a Leaf's fan
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

all in all, i enjoyed the episode. shockingly enough cam managed to keep his smartassing under control

i think my biggest beef
                Spoiler:

sg-1 runs off to 'help' an alien planet and no one mentioned calling thier bosses and getting permission?????

i would think something of this magnitude would require permissioin from the general. and who the heck was landry leaving in command of the base anyway?

my issue with this, they lost promie. they lose 20-30 people. if no one higher on the food chain gave sg1 permission, cam and sam are court martialed and will be blamed for the loss of life and property

it just goes further to prove to me that whomever thier military advisor is s/he ain't doing crud for a job. maybe beau couldn't have been in the eps. happens. but there should have been a throw away line 'landry's given us permission to go to the planet' (unless i missed it)

other than that, i enjoyed the rest. nice pacing and 1000 times better than icon, which was a cheap rip off of the english patient and very boring.

Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'd assumed Carter is a Broncos fan:
                  Ascension screencap

GO STEELERS!!

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                    I'd assumed Carter is a Broncos fan:
                    Ascension screencap

GO STEELERS!!
                    Where are the Carters from?

This is how I figured Pennsylvania.
                    I looked at AT and noted she is not from US so we can’t use her hometown.
                    I looked at CA and looked at his hometown and he’s from Sharon Pennsylvania... so I went with that. Has this ever been established in any of the books or is there some general fan fic consensus on this?

I know O'Neill was born in Chicago but raised in Minnesota (at least I think I know this)
                    And Daniel is from New York but pretty much raised out of country (again I think).
                    Hammonds from Texas
                    Teal'c is from Chulac.
                    Wonder where Fraiser was from...The women get no development it seems.

Sadly I have never seen any of the books where one may get these types of details..... hmmmmm maybe I should start picking up the books. I liked the Star Wars and Star Trek books well enough.... hmmm

EDIT: Sharon PA appears to be 50MI NW of Pittsburgh near Youngstown, so either they would be Pittsburgh fans or Cleveland fans.... or maybe they are BENGALS fans Hey I can hope.

Probably just have the Denver sign because they live in Colorado and shes trying to fit in but her heart is with the hometown team.
                    Last edited by AGateFan; 04 February 2006, 07:37 AM.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I found last nights episode more barable and like the old SG1, so yes I did use up precious video tape on it
                      Spoiler:
                      I was so sad when they blew up the Promethius After all it was Sam's baby, and poor Colonel Pendergast, he would have been been accepted as a part of SG1 (sniff)

Look what lack of leadership did Let Sam Lead
                      I think the only reason they had Teal'c in the space ship with Cam, was so people wouldn't cheering for it to get blasted.

The reunion scene was good, eventhough they didn't hug you could really feel the emotion between Teal'c and Sam

It was good to see Cam less obnoxious and toned down. That's how they should write him.

I believe the writers were poking fun at the fans who complain about the leadership by using the General's chair.

I have an idea give Cam Teal'cs lines and Teal'c Cam's lines, that way we hear that much out of him.

As for the ending I thought it should have Sam and Daniel, after all they had known Pendergast the longest and worked with him the most, you could tell that there must have been a friendship between the two of them when he called her Sam at the end
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

re: Ethon
                        Originally posted by Mandysg1
                        Spoiler:
                        I believe the writers were poking fun at the fans who complain about the leadership by using the General's chair.
                        I'm not clear about shooting schedules, but wasn't this episode in the can before the brouhaha? I think it's more likely that
                        Spoiler:
                        the writer was poking fun at SciFi for creating this situation, assuming that Mitchell's rank was indeed a SciFi directive. Whatever the case, I thought Mitchell's little dance of indecision went on far too long. BB really isn't that funny, IMO.

My general thoughts:
                        Spoiler:
                        Found the ep enjoyable overall and certainly the 2nd best of the season. Keep in mind that it's all relative, of course. I was extremely confused about whether and when SG-1 got leave to undertake this mission. What SG-1 planned to do was a big deal, and the lack of approval from a higher-up made no sense. The beer scene was also very weird; wrenched me completely out of the story. Regarding the command issue on the Prometheus, I was displeased that Carter didn't clearly make a decision. Finally, I found it inconceivable that SG-1 would take President False Pretenses at his word about the deal. Regardless, why leave that Ori-derived tech standing in any case?
                        Last edited by DEM; 04 February 2006, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          my review of tonight's ep (ethon), samandan style

spoilers for s9
                          Spoiler:

sam was good in tonights ep.

cons -

co-command. make it sam or mitchell already.

pendergast and the prometheus are gone!! (i really loved the prometheus... a lot of good memories/sam scenes from that ship)

teal'c should have been piloting the ship, not mitchell. (new character taking another established character's role? *snort*)

mitchell drinking beer on base? not sure how i feel about that, but it's a small nitpick.

pros -

co-command. *i know, i'm schizo * as long as NewBoy doesn't take everyone's roles... i loved seeing the moment when mitchell asked sam if she wanted landry's seat.

the battle scenes and prommie being shot at was *fantastic* and then it was destroyed...

good moral dilemma stuff.

daniel was daniel. (love that side of him)

ernie hudson was good. and ended up a good guy!

no one-liner mitchell!

nice sam-teal'c-mitchell reunion scene. especially loved the sam-teal'c moment.

daniel being depressed when he thought his friends were dead. scenes like that make up (somewhat) for the crap we saw in eps like new order. (remember how busted up jack was at sam's presumed death?... he played with the lights. teal'c frowned a moment. daniel at least asked about sam!, but pushed it off quick enough to joke with teal'c about waking up jack)

(dreading next week's ep... all that leather and mitchell's prob just saving his one-liners to use in one huge setting.... *whimpers*)

all in all, a very good ep.

sally
                          I think you've hit all the points I would have. I would just say my favorite part was
                          Spoiler:
                          Teal'c and Sam's little scene. As we know, he doesn't just hug people but the way he grabbed her arms and held on was great. Did you notice he still had his hand on her arm when Mitchell started introducing the woman leader? Like he just had to touch her to make sure she was real. And the look between them was very powerful. 2nd point: Daniel was acting like Daniel! Yay!
                          Again ditto to your comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            all in all, i enjoyed the episode. shockingly enough cam managed to keep his smartassing under control

i think my biggest beef
                            Spoiler:

sg-1 runs off to 'help' an alien planet and no one mentioned calling thier bosses and getting permission?????

i would think something of this magnitude would require permissioin from the general. and who the heck was landry leaving in command of the base anyway?

my issue with this, they lost promie. they lose 20-30 people. if no one higher on the food chain gave sg1 permission, cam and sam are court martialed and will be blamed for the loss of life and property

it just goes further to prove to me that whomever thier military advisor is s/he ain't doing crud for a job. maybe beau couldn't have been in the eps. happens. but there should have been a throw away line 'landry's given us permission to go to the planet' (unless i missed it)

other than that, i enjoyed the rest. nice pacing and 1000 times better than icon, which was a cheap rip off of the english patient and very boring.

The Landry/Bridges thing and your solution occurred to me too. Can't say it would have taken too much screen time.

Comment

For those RDA fans, here is a much better URL for his Super Bowl Commercial. It includes an interview and the making of plus...

http://priceless.com/film/worldpremiere.html

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610
                                This is factually untrue. Sam left SG-1 to do R&D. Tealc left SG-1 to do politics. Daniel was angling to go to Atlantis. Mitchell was rewarded with SG-1 for his heroics and he took the intitiative to try and get the team back together. Mitchell did NOT kick Sam out of her position.
                                i know. but i draw a line between getting the team back together and TAKING OVER said team. u can't give a pilot the front line time because he's a hero, u have to do it on merit or ur risking the mission and people's lives. i wouldn't be so annoyed if they told us his experience and why he has seniority (or, more accurately, doesn't have it since TPTB haven't exactly made the chain of command clear).
                                from all that we know of both characters, Sam should be CO. if they're going to make her that, do it. if not, make it mitchell, but tell us why. their AF correspondents must have told them u have to have a clear chain of command (i could rack off a good number of instances in which people not knowing the CoC has hurt my flight).
                                note: don't get me wrong, i'm eternally grateful that mitchell brought the team back together! (though it wasn't like TPTB we're going to let him fail)

Originally posted by majorsal
                                Spoiler:
                                teal'c should have been piloting the ship, not mitchell. (new character taking another established character's role? *snort*)
                                that was pretty bad, ur right. But at least it was the only mitchell role-stealing for this ep! That’s a good start. On the other hand…
                                Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                Spoiler:
                                I think the only reason they had Teal'c in the space ship with Cam, was so people wouldn't cheering for it to get blasted.
                                lol
                                sigpic
                                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Working...
                                X