Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux
    Good one Kat! Funny thing...I'm not a big football fan, but gotta cheer for my home team.
    Yeah, unfortunately I stopped going to football games when I left Seattle, but I'm still excited that they finally made it to the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Yeah, unfortunately I stopped going to football games when I left Seattle, but I'm still excited that they finally made it to the Super Bowl.
      Erm, excuse me if it's because of another dreaded cultural difference, but is it usual that respected Samandans go crazy for something not involving AT or Sam ?
      'Me very confused'
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Came across this the other day, while re-reading Stepping Through the Stargate, edited by P.N. Elrod and Roxanne Conrad. Each chapter is a fun romp into the science, archaeology and military aspects of the series, co-authored by people from different walks of life. There's even a chapter on fashion! This is what caught my eye, in that chapter, entitled When in Rome, Don't Wear That by the editor, Roxanne Conrad:

"Sam, you are a goddess among TV women. You're tall, you're strong, you're totally credible as a fighter - when you stand up with the team, you look like one of them, and yet you carry it off with a flair and femininity all your own.

But what's with the hair, Sam? I'm feeling much better about season seven's 'do, but let's face it, the artfully disarranged look of seasons four, five and six had more to do with stylists than sensibility. Packing the hair gel and blow dryer might be feasible, although I don't know where you pick up that truly universal power converter - are you hooking up to a portable naquadah generator? Lord knows many of the races you run into could use a good conditioner (hello, Nox? pick up the clue phone!), but keeping that look fabulous must require a lot of intensive mirror time. I like your short, kicky, dry-on-the-go styles better. So do the guys of SG-1, who no doubt used to stand around grumbling as you fluffed the layers into a halo before a firefight.

You have the additional burden of makeup. (Well, I know, everyone on the team does, but it's the job of guys to not look like they do.) Yours is totally believable, most of the time. Natural, not overdone, and when you've been beaten and wounded, you actually look like you've been beaten and wounded. Kudos for knowing (and showing) the beauty inside, Major.

Though most often you toe the base party line, we've seen you in an interesting variety of outfits: fluffy spring colors, ruffles, leather motorcycle duds, severe pantsuits a la X-Files, cleavage and fabulous shoes. Like most women, you're an enigma. I recently said to a guy that all women have five basic sections in their closet: work clothes, comfy clothes, party clothes, formal wear and clothes you don't show your mother. You've displayed all of them, which, to my mind, just makes you even more real as a character ...."

LOL I thought this was well written and captured the essence of Sam's style. The author wrote this before S8 and S9 I believe. I never thought of Sam as one to fuss at all with her hair though ... and it's understandable considering the small amount of hair gel/conditioner she's issued each season (AT's Lowdown comic moment)!

I also liked the line about "showing the beauty inside" and not being afraid to look like she'd gotten whumped. I wonder if Amanda had to advocate to have herself portrayed more realistically in scenes like the ones from Death Knell? I remember her saying that she loves to get dirty and bloody, much more than dressing up as a girly girl.

As to her wardrobe, I'm still thinking about Sam's "clothes that she wouldn't show her mother" (in this case, father)? Any suggestions as to what outfit the author was referencing here? I can pretty much conjure up a Sam Carter in her work clothes, comfy clothes, party clothes, and formal wear ....

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
          Erm, excuse me if it's because of another dreaded cultural difference, but is it usual that respected Samandans go crazy for something not involving AT or Sam ?
          'Me very confused'
          I bet Carter is a Football fan.
          Although for some odd reason I always thought her family was from pensulvania so she would be rooting for pittsburgh .

Someone please tell me I am terribly, terribly wrong and the Carters are from somewhere else.. PLEASE.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
            I bet Carter is a Football fan.
            Although for some odd reason I always thought her family was from pennsylvania so she would be rooting for pittsburgh .

Someone please tell me I am terribly, terribly wrong and the Carters are from somewhere else.. PLEASE.
            Hey, Pennsy is good; it's very good. And, just to make things interesting, I'm gonna root for those gutsy Steelers, especially since my Eagles tanked this season!

Comment

Aww, my poor Eagles!

I'm certainly rooting for the Steelers. Pennsylvania's where it's at!
              SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                Hey, Pennsy is good; it's very good. And, just to make things interesting, I'm gonna root for those gutsy Steelers, especially since my Eagles tanked this season!
                Steelers ,.... with "Kimo the assasin"
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                  Oh I'd love to take her out walking in the Scottish Hills - Ladhar Bheinn in Knoydart would be perfect -(Olivia carried on back of course). But in reality it takes a long time to really get to know someone. I mean if someone met me for an afternoon when I'm in a good mood they may actually think I'm quite nice!! Wheras 1speed knows me so well he dare not put "Vala" down on the scrabble board for fear of never seeing the light of day again
                  You almost did! Don't you remember? I had to restrain you from running onstage at GABIT once you asked her if she ever hiked in Scotland and her answer was "no"!! Thought you were gonna drag the poor woman off ... er, thank goodness you had already given the backpack as a gift to me!

You were quite nice around me and my daughter, but then we were on good behaviour too. After all, Amanda was nearby.

BTW, I think I managed to translate Ladhar Bheinn in Knoydart ... how about that! Was it Amanda's reprimand to BB when he tried to tell her how to play her lines? "Later Ben, I know 'dat!"
                  Last edited by ChopinGal; 03 February 2006, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    As to her wardrobe, I'm still thinking about Sam's "clothes that she wouldn't show her mother" (in this case, father)? Any suggestions as to what outfit the author was referencing here? I can pretty much conjure up a Sam Carter in her work clothes, comfy clothes, party clothes, and formal wear ....
                    I have my theories on that...

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
                      Whooo!!! I was just saying the other day how much I love Nightwalkers for this very reason! *drool*

Hot pics of Sam/Amanda are always welcome here!

Comment

I also liked Nightwalkers. I thought it was interesting that she was wearing leather pants.
                        http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/land...nchan2&s=59146
                        Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          i think this'll be ok, here's a freeze from it
                          Ok, here's the RDA Superbowl commercial!

http://www.superbowl-ads.com/2006/prev/MacGyver.wmv
                          >
                          >

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Hot pics of Sam/Amanda are always welcome here!
                            Indeed

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

OK, with raspberries to SG1Poz, SunKruz and Kat, and high-fives to ChopinGal (bless you ) and pittsburghgirl...

GO STEELERS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                                Ok, here's the RDA Superbowl commercial!

http://www.superbowl-ads.com/2006/prev/MacGyver.wmv
                                >
                                >
                                Thank you for the link to the commercial to RDA commercial, it was priceless!!!!! I really needed a laugh tonight, so thank you again!!!
                                On fighting:
                                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                                X