Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG1Poz
    Ok, here's the RDA Superbowl commercial!

http://www.superbowl-ads.com/2006/prev/MacGyver.wmv
    >
    >
    THANK YOU SG1Poz I was wondering where I might find it. Though I'm a little bit disapointed that he accepted to do that commercial. I have this thing against celebrities doing commercials for big companies. They should only do it for good causes, like he usually does. But it was fun to watch. AAAHH, gool ol' Mac.

Aaaahhh one question/comment. Hope that dye isn't permanent. I like grey hair.
    Last edited by Historian; 03 February 2006, 06:49 PM.
    sigpic
    There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
    If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
    If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
    If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Hi didn't get to see tonight's episode, so did anyone watch it? I just wanted to know if I should tape the second airing. yay or nay? On a scale 1 (disappointing) to 5 (awesome) what is your rating for tonight’s episode?

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
        Hi didn't get to see tonight's episode, so did anyone watch it? I just wanted to know if I should tape the second airing. yay or nay? On a scale 1 (disappointing) to 5 (awesome) what is your rating for tonight’s episode?
        I wont see it until tomorrow but from what everyone is saying seems like a 5 - a few people have said it was the most old-sg1 like ep of the series

Edit: I mean today as its 3am
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

i was out of town so i haven't seen it yet...and i do'nt know when i will so, ignore me if i'm scarce for a bit
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
            I wont see it until tomorrow but from what everyone is saying seems like a 5 - a few people have said it was the most old-sg1 like ep of the series

I saw the ones saying two star or 1 1/2 star. Some of the ones that loved it have loved all of s9. So I'm sure there is a happy medium somewhere in there. THat's why I'm asking here.

Comment

3 A.M. ouch

Comment

I would not call it a 5 or "like old SG-1".
                It was fine though. Had team. But was on the darker side, I know people like that, not my thing... it was fine... They really do need to put someone in charge so they can make a freaking decision though... this ep proved that much.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

okay ... bad storms passing through so I'm out of here.... have fun everyone.

Comment

OK, I watched tonight's episode, and I really enjoyed it. For the first time this season, I felt like I was watching SG1....and Sam rocked.
                    Spoiler:
                    I know I'll miss the Prometheus and Capt. Pendergast, but I thought the storyline was in keeping with past seasons, fast moving, with a great finish. I also felt more "bonding" tonight, between Cam and the rest of the team.

Agree or disagree? All opinions welcome.....
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                      They really do need to put someone in charge so they can make a freaking decision though... this ep proved that much.
                      i really liked tonights ep. flet like the team was really doing what they do best. but ur right, they really need to pick a leader (i.e. sam).
                      sigpic
                      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                        i really liked tonights ep. flet like the team was really doing what they do best. but ur right, they really need to pick a leader (i.e. sam).
                        That would be my choice. But saddly I see no hope of that ever happening and it just causes me more pain that it wont happen so I am just accepting the fact that Mitchell is in charge and think it would be better for the show if TPTB just accepted it.... on the other hand if they did, I may stop watching altogether, so maybenot,.... Im so torn.

I guess I would give this ep a 3.5 or so. I am sure it was great for those who love the heavier stuff and I know we need the Ori to be big and dangerous... Im pretty much neutral on the ep.

Spoiler:
                        I thought Carter did a good job as always. Daniel seemed more like himself. Poor Teal'c only had about 5 lines but one of them was a good Carter - Teal'c scene. Mitchell only did one stupid thing (drinking in the SGC... really?) And I like Ghostbuster guy.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                          OK, I watched tonight's episode, and I really enjoyed it. For the first time this season, I felt like I was watching SG1....and Sam rocked.
                          Spoiler:
                          I know I'll miss the Prometheus and Capt. Pendergast, but I thought the storyline was in keeping with past seasons, fast moving, with a great finish. I also felt more "bonding" tonight, between Cam and the rest of the team.

Agree or disagree? All opinions welcome.....

I agree, Lida. It didn't drag at all for me, as some episodes have done this season. Lots of action,
                          Spoiler:
                          lots of things blowing up,
                          lots of science Sam and some action Sam.
                          Spoiler:
                          Even though I knew that Sam couldn't have been killed on the Prometheus, it still felt suspenseful. I hadn't read any spoilers, so when Prometheus went down, I was a little surprised.
                          As you said, it was fast moving and well paced. I didn't even feel like the ending was rushed, as they do too often. I thought Icon was kind of boring, so I didn't expect a lot from this one, but it was pretty good.

NC

Comment

I saw the ones saying two star or 1 1/2 star. Some of the ones that loved it have loved all of s9. So I'm sure there is a happy medium somewhere in there. THat's why I'm asking here.

I have not been a huge fan of Season 9. It's sometimes been okay, but I've had some really serious issues with it.

The first thing I said after tonight's episode was "Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!"

I think it was the best episode of the season. Though I admit, I had a few philisophical issues with the mission they were on...I thought the story was exciting, emotional in moments, and best of all had a well balanced use of the team....though poor Teal'c still seemed somewhat backgroundish. Daniel and Sam and Cameron were well balanced, and had moments where they actually talked and bonded. So yeah. Tape it!

Comment

I actually enjoyed it a lot. I agree that it's probably the best team episode we've had this season. The spoilers hinted that this was a Daniel episode, and it was, but I think they did a really good job of incorporating the entire team. Loved Teal'c and Daniel. Lots of Sam doing what she does best and even Mitchell was in top form tonight, in my opinion.

Biggest disappointment
                              Spoiler:
                              They kill off another recurring character (one whom I kept hoping would survive) and they blew up the Prometheus.

As AGateFan has already stated, I think the beer thing should never have been added. Mitchell could have chatted with Daniel just as easily without offering him a beer on base. That's the only thing I saw with Mitchell tonight that made me shake my head, but once again I blame the writer's because there really wasn't a need for that in my opinion.

There were a few other issues I had with the episode, but I have to say overall I was just really pleased that none of the characters were written badly in the episode.

Can't wait till next week.

Kat
                              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 03 February 2006, 07:29 PM.

Comment

YES!!! Tape it! It's the best so far this season. IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X