Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    Oops, forgot to respond to this earlier but - I FREAKIN LOVE NIGHTWALKERS!
    Sam and Leather pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *droooooooooooooool* And the gloves and the long jacket and the black sunglasses........... *droooooooooooooool* So much eye candy
    Now tell us how you really feel about the episode, AD.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      Oh C'mon, she is SUCH a beauty snob. She ain't foolin' anybody with that whole "humility" act. Shyeah.

mini
      You really think that? I found Amanda to be one of the least vain and beauty concious actresses I've come across. Maybe I'm wrong, but I reckon some of the guys on the show are more concious of how 'good' they look than she is.
      I didn't like it when they put so much makeup on Sam in early episodes. I think it's a lot more subtle now, and works better not only for the character (like er, she's in the military, why would she be wearing such perfectly applied bright lipstick?) but for Amanda as well. She looks far prettier with less makeup.
      Maybe I'm just biased because I would hate having to wear makeup .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
        Many thanks to everyone for the Birthday wishes. 41 - where do they go eh?!

Well I spent the day chauffering 1speed back from his holiday consisting of house hunting, and stone circling on the Isle of Lewis. The former was for me as I went up there for an interview - and got the job - which actually isn't that much of an achievement seeing as I think I was the only one who applied. Anyway in 3 months I shall be relocated in the back of beyond so I have a lot to do.

The stone circling went down well with 1speed I think - he came away with a tonne of photo's and there was some heavy male to male bonding going down between he and my dog!!

I have just skimmed the latest posts and there is some interesting comment going on. I'm looking forward to watching ripple effect, but not to season 10!!
        Congratulations Coley
        I hope the job is one you really wanted.
        Sounds like you and the boys (speed and canine) had a good time checking out stone circles. And hey, you're really moving? Wow. Just make sure you always keep yourself firmly rooted in Samanda and you can move anywhere you want .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
          You really think that? I found Amanda to be one of the least vain and beauty concious actresses I've come across. Maybe I'm wrong, but I reckon some of the guys on the show are more concious of how 'good' they look than she is.
          I didn't like it when they put so much makeup on Sam in early episodes. I think it's a lot more subtle now, and works better not only for the character (like er, she's in the military, why would she be wearing such perfectly applied bright lipstick?) but for Amanda as well. She looks far prettier with less makeup.
          Maybe I'm just biased because I would hate having to wear makeup .
          Uhhh, I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm from minigeek there

Comment

Originally Posted by Agent_Dark: As bad as it sounds, I aim low with Stargate now. I don't mean that in a 'Stargate is crap' way, just that I know it's not going to live up to Firefly or Battlestar. So I don't try to pretend otherwise And that means I can be pleasently surprised when a quality episode comes around.
            AD likes Firefly?! AD likes Firefly! AD likes Firefly! Yaynesssssss!
            *bounces around happily*

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
              AD likes Firefly?! AD likes Firefly! AD likes Firefly! Yaynesssssss!
              *bounces around happily*
              Weee! You like it too?

Comment

Uhhh, I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm from minigeek there
                I thought she was probably being sarcastic and making fun, so tried not to make my reply too serious. At least I hope it didn't sound too serious.

I was just using her words as an excuse to ramble on about a subject that I probably shouldn't be posting on. Again.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Weee! You like it too?
                  yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Very much.
                  Have you seen Serenity? It's coming out on DVD here is aus sometime in the next week or so. *drooooools* me wants the precious.
                  I've watched the Firefly DVD boxset inside out and back-to-front by now. So few episodes. Neeeeed more.
                  This is the only show other than Stargate that I've ever gone this berserk over. BSG is good in its own way, but Firefly is brillllllliant!

See, now you've got a hyperactive deepspace on your hands, you're all in serious trouble. She probably won't calm down for hours!

!!!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!!

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Haha, yeah its an awesome show. I would love to see Amanda on it

And yeah, I've watched the movie too

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      I read that one and really enjoyed it too. Because it did at least acknowledge there was more there than an officer/subbordinate relationship between them. Deep friendship, as it were. Works for me too.
                      I don't think I can say enough good things about this fic.

Night Terrors = The Perfect Blend of Team!Whump, Gen and Ship. Just... Good stuff.

And A Maneuvering Business! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2733617/1/

Crack!Fic never read so good. Honestly, you guys should try it if you get the chance and if someone hasn't already mentioned it. It's definitely S/J, but it reads like Jane Austen, so it makes for an interesting storyline. It has everyone in it from Jack to Vala to Cameron to Jacob. It's just a great read.

I think I might need to go in the PR business. Anyone got a fic they want pimped?

Comment

Bow the down before teh Sam!In!Black

Oops, forgot to respond to this earlier but - I FREAKIN LOVE NIGHTWALKERS!
                        Sam and Leather pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *droooooooooooooool* And the gloves and the long jacket and the black sunglasses........... *droooooooooooooool* So much eye candy
                        sigpic

Comment

Just one of those idle.. I've been working for ten hours and shouldn't be thinking thoughts....

I can't help drawing parallels here to Amanda's life for real. Any actor on a long running series I guess. With the hours involved and certainly by all accounts, I think the "family" aspect of the cast and crew on a tv set, would be tough for a spouse to take. Being a part of something like that would be a bonding experience outside of the experience of most normal people.

I personally don't know an actor in that situation well enough to know defenitively how the coping mechanisms work, but I'd imagine it's something the spouse either has to understand and deal with, or head down that rocky road of relationship death. Takes the right person would be my guess. Either intentionally or otherwise, Joe, Pete etc certainly didn't seem to have that "right person" feel about them. Joe undermined her independance and intelligence by assuming Jack had something to do with her being part of the plot and making a deal with Jack, to keep her out of it. Highly insulting. Then Pete, just didn't seem to be coping with being in the dark, even though by rights he should have understood that being a cop. Anyhoo.. brain off again now thanks...

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          it would definitely be an issue. the mate would have to be very, very understanding, and also secure in the fidelity of thier spouse to trust them...and accept them

which is something that i also think has altered sam's life. ok, so she's a female in the miliary who has a close bond with the guys she serves with.

and if those guys have spouses....how do you think they look at sam? competition. which, in my interpretation, is why sam is socially inept in a lot of ways. i think once she realized that the girlfriends would always look at her 'that way' she curtailed or didn't socialilze with her friends
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                            I don't think I can say enough good things about this fic.

Night Terrors = The Perfect Blend of Team!Whump, Gen and Ship. Just... Good stuff.

And A Maneuvering Business! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2733617/1/

Crack!Fic never read so good. Honestly, you guys should try it if you get the chance and if someone hasn't already mentioned it. It's definitely S/J, but it reads like Jane Austen, so it makes for an interesting storyline. It has everyone in it from Jack to Vala to Cameron to Jacob. It's just a great read.

I think I might need to go in the PR business. Anyone got a fic they want pimped?
                            Thanks for the fic recommendation! I'll check it out.

I loved Night Terrors as well. Excellent fic!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              did anyone see the newest amanda pics from the lake louise ski thinger? there from rda's website, in the updates section.

http://rdanderson.com/

click on updates and then scroll down to CELEBRITY SPORTS INVITATIONAL AT LAKE LOUISE - January 13-14, 2006

at the bottom of the page, it says 'click *here* for more information and pictures'. do that.

amanda's pics are: the last in the sixth row and first in the seventh.

i'm sure kate (who runs rda's site) approved this, which means rda did, which means amanda did.

sally
                              kate is a very responsible and respectful web mistress, so i'm sure she took great care picking out the pictures.

i'm sure the pic with olivia from teh back is fine since....well you can't see her. and i think that's amanda's issue, keeping her daughter private. just like her hubby, although he accompanies her to all the cons, is content to sit in the back of the room and have no one know who he is
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                                This is an excellent story.

The Hidden One by Gracie
                                http://sgnovels.shahrazad.net/storiesh/hiddenone.txt

Also, several by Carrie:

Nothing Is Alone by Carrie (one of my personal favorites)
                                http://www.stargatefan.com/fictionms...alonefull.html

No Such Thing by Carrie
                                http://www.stargatefan.com/fictionkp/nosuchthing.htm

The Soul Senses by Carrie
                                http://www.stargatefan.com/fictionqz...ensesfull.html

Sympathetic Lies by Carrie
                                http://www.stargatefan.com/fictionqz...theticLies.htm

How the Mighty by Carrie
                                http://www.stargatefan.com/fictionms/MSHowtheMighty.htm

Quagmire by Carrie
                                http://www.stargatefan.com/fictionqz/Quagmire.htm

Vinum Sororum Nostrum by Carrie
                                http://www.stargatefan.com/fictionqz/Vinumfull.html
                                i thnk i've read all those. just a warning, nothing is alone, heavy whumpage. poor sam really takes a beating in this one
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X