No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GUP sucked. Bah humbug. Crap-ola story (or lack thereof). I'm in the mood for some Pilot!Sam tonight ... think I'm going to go watch Redemption (which, by the way, had far better Sam/Rodney interaction in it, too). GUPBLEH.

mini(puh-leeze)geek

Oh.. but, that aside...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
    COLEY!!!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      GUP sucked. Bah humbug. Crap-ola story (or lack thereof). I'm in the mood for some Pilot!Sam tonight ... think I'm going to go watch Redemption (which, by the way, had far better Sam/Rodney interaction in it, too). GUPBLEH.

mini(puh-leeze)geek

Oh.. but, that aside...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
      COLEY!!!
      Awww, that's not a happy geek there, is it? Go and watch Redemption. My favourite Sam/McKay ep. Inspired.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        Awww, that's not a happy geek there, is it? Go and watch Redemption. My favourite Sam/McKay ep. Inspired.
        Yup! I love Redemption I/II. Rodney is SO CUTE in that episode, too. And he has the greatest sense of humor to balance out the snark.

(to paraphrase, since I can't remember the exact quotes):

Rodney: "Does this mean you don't hate me anymore??"

Sam: "Yeah. Too bad for you."

Rodney: "What do you mean?"

Sam: "Well, I was more attracted to you when I did."

LOL!

And lest we forget, that's also an episode where Jack uses the phrase: "I got nothin'..." - which begs the question - ah, no it doesn't. It really more answers that question, I think.

Goin' to watch now... !

mini(I'm not unhappy, I'm just not a FOGUP - fan of gup, as they say)geek
        Last edited by minigeek; 28 January 2006, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Hey... Sky... I've always wanted to ask. Are you really a Sky diver?

Comment

Hey... Sky... I've always wanted to ask. Are you really a Sky diver?
            lol

i did it once. a tandem skydive

i'd do it again but the price and need for an all day training session has kinda put the kibash on it

maybe one day
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Caption This

Sam: Ah yes General Landry, didn't you get the memo on the new SG uniforms?
              not a caption but notice how sam is the only one with a cape????
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Caption This
                http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/916_06.jpg
                Sam: Ah yes General Landry, didn't you get the memo on the new SG uniforms?
                this isn't a caption but hey it looks like she’s ready for anything to happen: looking around, hand on gun. Sam in charge

Comment

Yup! I love Redemption I/II. Rodney is SO CUTE in that episode, too. And he has the greatest sense of humor to balance out the snark.

(to paraphrase, since I can't remember the exact quotes):

Rodney: "Does this mean you don't hate me anymore??"

Sam: "Yeah. Too bad for you."

Rodney: "What do you mean?"

Sam: "Well, I was more attracted to you when I did."

LOL!

And lest we forget, that's also an episode where Jack uses the phrase: "I got nothin'..." - which begs the question - ah, no it doesn't. It really more answers that question, I think.

Goin' to watch now... !

mini(I'm not unhappy, I'm just not a FOGUP - fan of gup, as they say)geek
                  Love that bit, it's great. And the pianist conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    not a caption but notice how sam is the only one with a cape????
                    Yupp, but I love the cape thing. I did in 2010 as well. Hey.... maybe she's auditioning for Harry Potter.

Comment

Sam: It's Coley's birthday? I'd better go get ready for the party!

Happy Birthday Coley!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        You know, I don't really want them to get rid of Mitchell. Despite a brief desire last night to see
                        Spoiler:
                        the Jaffa blow him away to teach him a lesson about abandoning one's team,
                        I just want him to be written as a consistently competent military officer.

I don't want him to be written as SuperMitchell, or frat-boy Mitchell... I want him to be written as someone I might have a little respect for. We've been given glimpses of that person. But they aren't writing him in a consistent fashion at all. Except, maybe, consistently bad. (Is he supposed to be the hero or is he the comedic relief? In most programs, you can usually tell who is who. He just seems to flop around from one extreme to the other, switching personalities between scenes. )

Really, it's like the writers are trying too hard.
                        Or they don’t have a plan at all.

Once upon a time, I would have said the writers had some hidden agenda – like they were making Mitchell act like this in order to rock us with a plot-important revelation at a later date – Mitchell’s a za’tarc; Mitchell has cumulative brain damage from Antarctica and it’s affecting his powers of reasoning and judgment and he’s gonna lose it and die without special, alien medical intervention; Mitchell isn’t Mitchell at all, he’s a Replicator, an android, a… whatever Tyler was, an Asgard hologram, one of the Giant Aliens from Crystal Skull; something – but that degree of trust and benefit of the doubt, in and for, TPTB is gone from me now. Sometimes, I think they’re giving Mitchell ‘takes’ from of everyone else’s character development on the team so that he really can be “SG-Me” in the writers’ minds, but, mainly I’m becoming more and more sure with every ep that Mitchell is just the Plotrific!EasyButton Hero, and there’s no actual reason beyond that for writing him like they use a random number generator to decide how he’ll behave in any given scene. There’s no oncoming revelation that will make sense of his behavior; he’ll just continue to be all over the board like a cappuccino addict playing WhackaMole, and everyone else will continue to act like he’s the incarnation of the ideal Air Force Officer, no matter what ridiculous behavior ensues. He is the Plotrific!EasyButton Hero and that’s all the explanation there’ll ever be. …though, if TPTB want to indulge me by promoting Sam to full bird colonel at the end of the season because someone say… presidential… doesn’t want to see the SGC’s flagship team constantly subjected to Mitchell’s erratic behaviors, I won’t be too proud to issue loud ‘thank you’s!” Of course, Bra’tac thumping Mitchell over the head with a staff weapon, and telling him a true warrior must act with wisdom and discipline, as well as dedication, to attain his goals (and then telling him he hit him hard enough to rattle his thick skull – if it weren’t so thick, he wouldn’t have had to hit him so hard – when Mitchell complains :looks as innocent as possible: ), wouldn’t go amiss, either, in my view…

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        There were a lot of redeeming things about Stronghold... Sam in command being one of them. I really don't understand why people argue she can't hold her own in a command position. I thought her scenes were very believable and well played. She sure as heck came across as a better, more responsible leader than Cam did in the battle scene. I truly thought she rocked.
                        I’ve always thought Sam was more than able to hold her own in a command position, and I’ve never understood the vehement denials of that, either. Yes, her command style is very different than Jack’s, but, so is Hammond’s and Reynold’s and Edwards’, et cetera, et cetera. So what? Yes, she’s a woman, and she brings that fact to what she does, but she’s also a trained soldier, and she does things as a soldier, and an officer, and she approaches what she does as an officer. And, Sam is a leader, who inspires those under her command in both her SG team, and her science projects – who just happens to be a woman. Again, so what? Sam learned a great deal from Jack as his second, and I think, grew tremendously as an officer and a leader under his tutelage. Surely that’s a positive? Sam is brilliant, steady, conscientious, interested, responsible, visionary, involved, dedicated, courageous, strong, good at attaining and holding her situational awareness and control, and possessed of a will of perfectly alloyed trinium. This is a combination that motivates people to follow another person, and that’s what makes a leader. It also makes a good commander, and I think Sam is that, in spades.
                        ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Err, Mandysg1? May want to hide that spoiler pic (change it [url] tags instead of [img] tags) and put a spoiler warning on it

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Err, Mandysg1? May want to hide that spoiler pic (change it [url] tags instead of [img] tags) and put a spoiler warning on it
                            LOL, aw c'mon, how the heck is that a spoiler? Well, except maybe if we were all fans of the TV show, "What Not To Wear"...

(I'm watching Redemption, I am, really, I'm just also close to the computer. Dangerous combination!)

Comment

Originally Posted by Mandysg1
                              Caption This
                              http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/916_06.jpg

Rollin', rollin', rollin'
                              Though the streams are swollen
                              Keep them dogies rollin'
                              Rawhide!

(Okay - can't help it - everytime I see that picture the first thing that pops to mind is the theme to "Rawhide")
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

LOL, aw c'mon, how the heck is that a spoiler? Well, except maybe if we were all fans of the TV show, "What Not To Wear"...

(I'm watching Redemption, I am, really, I'm just also close to the computer. Dangerous combination!)
                                I think, seeing as it's just outfits they are wearing, it's not a spoiler, really. Just like Ooober's avatar with the pink lululemon jumper isn't really a spoiler. Spoilers are like the Ripple Effect pics, where
                                Spoiler:
                                you have dead people wandering around in ther

Comment

Working...
                                X