Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatG
    Wow. Nine boxes. And I agree, I don't know why we can't do it again. After all, one can never have too much blue jello.
    Definitely can't have enough. See if we can get Samanda on the Catering credits
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      I thought it might reinforce their belief that Vala is vital to the success of the show, seeing as ratings were higher at the beginning of the season.
      prob higher because they wanted to see new stargate eps... but i wonder how long it took them to realize and say, 'what channel is this? i thought stargate SG1 was on?'.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        I almost jumped for joy when I saw the ratings It only proves to me that we have been right all along! Here's a pic of the true S9 SG1

You know the term the "true SG1" caught my eye because I refer to them the "real SG1" so we are on the same train of thought with that. When I saw the ratings for CD it really pigued my interest in tomorrow's ep. I still hold out that silent hope that the ratings for RE will be big and TPTB will "maybe" start to see the folly of their ways". The 1.7 while not its lowest rated ep this season, but equal to it, has to be a disappointment simply by virtue of the fact that their new "lead" could not pull in the ratings - where were all those FS/BB fans - why such a low score? Their new man doesn't seem to pique the interest of the numbers they thought - it could not even hold the 1.9 and everyone knew it was a Mitchel centric ep where we were supposed to learn so much about him (all the wrong stuff IMO). Why so little interest?

If RE garners a 1.9, or above, (my silent hope) because of its focus on the real SG1 and friends, to me that says people want to see the REAL SG1 as well as the old friends and favorites. I know it's only one ep thus far but it really is telling that it happened to be a Mitchell ep and at a time when so many seemed to be saying he needed more development and we needed to learn more, yadda, yadda, you figure all those people would have been watching - well SOMEONE wasn't watching (I think a .2 represents something like 500,000 plus viewers).

I still say that S7 started the decline (showrunner? the proverbial thorn-in-my-side) and the death of you-know-who really did have an impact on the turn of the show. (BTW does anyone remember what ratings Grace got on its first run showing or know where I could find it?) Anyway, I'm just babbling as I really am surprised with all the hoopla about BB and Mitchell that his ep tanked (I see it as a tank cuz he was so pimped by TPTB).

I am really looking forward to lots of Carter, and lots of our long lost friend and lots of Sam, Daniel and Teal'c - the real SG1 (and I anxiously await the ratings for this one).

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
          hey who said anything about sam and jack. jacks gone baby! its teal'c time!

*plugs ears* LA LA LA LAAAAA

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
            You know the term the "true SG1" caught my eye because I refer to them the "real SG1" so we are on the same train of thought with that. When I saw the ratings for CD it really pigued my interest in tomorrow's ep. I still hold out that silent hope that the ratings for RE will be big and TPTB will "maybe" start to see the folly of their ways". The 1.7 while not its lowest rated ep this season, but equal to it, has to be a disappointment simply by virtue of the fact that their new "lead" could not pull in the ratings - where were all those FS/BB fans - why such a low score? Their new man doesn't seem to pique the interest of the numbers they thought - it could not even hold the 1.9 and everyone knew it was a Mitchel centric ep where we were supposed to learn so much about him (all the wrong stuff IMO). Why so little interest?

If RE garners a 1.9, or above, (my silent hope) because of its focus on the real SG1 and friends, to me that says people want to see the REAL SG1 as well as the old friends and favorites. I know it's only one ep thus far but it really is telling that it happened to be a Mitchell ep and at a time when so many seemed to be saying he needed more development and we needed to learn more, yadda, yadda, you figure all those people would have been watching - well SOMEONE wasn't watching (I think a .2 represents something like 500,000 plus viewers).

I still say that S7 started the decline (showrunner? the proverbial thorn-in-my-side) and the death of you-know-who really did have an impact on the turn of the show. (BTW does anyone remember what ratings Grace got on its first run showing or know where I could find it?) Anyway, I'm just babbling as I really am surprised with all the hoopla about BB and Mitchell that his ep tanked (I see it as a tank cuz he was so pimped by TPTB).

I am really looking forward to lots of Carter, and lots of our long lost friend and lots of Sam, Daniel and Teal'c - the real SG1 (and I anxiously await the ratings for this one).
            According to GW, Grace recieved a 1.8 rating the first time it aired, which was about average for the season; however, the first time it was aired in syndication it received a 2.5 rating which was the highest rated episode for season seven, 0.5 over the season average. I believe 2.5 rating at the time was about 2.7 million viewers.
            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 19 January 2006, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              *plugs ears* LA LA LA LAAAAA

sally
              oh you know i'm s/j all the way, but teal'c is such a sweetie! i'm an s/t friendshipper.

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
                which is the way it should be

...ppl are gunna start throwing things at me now arent they?
                no, i'll just make you read some sam/jack smut fic.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  no, i'll just make you read some sam/jack smut fic.

sally
                  that's a punishment!?! in that case, i hate s/j! (i'm really not that dirty minded.... really.... i swear.... stop looking at me like that!)

Comment

that's a punishment!?! in that case, i hate s/j! (i'm really not that dirty minded.... really.... i swear.... stop looking at me like that!)
                    LOL!
                    sigpic

Comment

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

hey who said anything about sam and jack. jacks gone baby! its teal'c time!
                        hehehe.

they are a match made in heaven...or my imagination
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          hehehe.

they are a match made in heaven...or my imagination
                          Do you know, I never considered it until I read your fic. It works quite well, but I'd still never ship it myself. Interesting concept is all I can say.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                            There's nothing more frightening than two geniuses and a former first prime, bored out of their minds, and contemplating mischief...

"And you are certain they will enter the room within the hour, DanielJackson?"
                            "Sure as Ba'al's a snake, Teal'c."
                            "And the device will perform its appointed task, Colonel Carter?"
                            "What goes up, must come down, Teal'c. It's pure physics."
                            "Indeed. And the video feed will be recorded?"
                            "Multi-redundant feed, straight to DVD. No way we'll miss a second of this."
                            "And to think Jack always said we didn't have it in us..."

Teal'c smiles.
                            Daniel smiles.
                            Sam smiles.
                            ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal[B
                              ].. and she did, and we did! And the whole issue of personal space and privacy drew forth some very good and prudent remarks.[/B]

In a nutshell, AT and RDA were seen about the slopes of Banff and participating in some type of celebrity winter games. Olivia happened to be caught on camera. Out of respect to AT, most of us have removed any of the links we were quoting. It seems that RDA himself told reporters not to photograph the baby and they respected his wishes. In meantime, it looks like RDA and AT had "teamed up" together for an event! Aha ... if they could only do that once again on Stargate!!!

And I'm still LOL 'cause my daughter and her hubby and little ones just had their picture taken in the Banff Gondola ride where this all took place! So near and yet so far away! Missed AT by a week or two. At least they got to meet at GABIT.
                              After I told you about the pics on the RDA thread, you viewed them. That's all I intended. And I got a PM from ONeillTwo"LL"s saying she wasn't upset about us viewing the photos.....just that someone posted the link to her photobucket account. I didn't post that link, and I never intended for that to happen. I just directed everyone to the place where she had posted photos herself.

Sigh.....I'm just sorry that I didn't get to see AT with Olivia and/or RDA.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc

You can believe what you want to believe, of course. But the fact of the matter is that all three shows' ratings went down last Friday, not just SG-1. And you can't possibly blame Ben Browder for bringing down the ratings on two shows he's not even in!

THere are a lot of reasons for ratings to fluctuate, including brand new shows on the major networks that started airing last Friday. If SG-1 had been the only show to drop in ratings while the other two stayed up there, then it would be fair to look at SG-1 and what it's doing wrong. But when all three go down at once, you need to look at other reasons. That's just logical.

I know a lot of fans want the show to fail with the new cast, but that seems kind of like shooting yourself in the foot to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X