Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    right I shall be absent for a while living it up on the outer hebrides - Lewis to be exact. You don't have to worry I'm taking Asst Security Guard 1speed to keep me out of trouble - well that's the theory!!

Happy posting and keep the Sam Carter end up on the thread!!
    Sure, but who's going to keep 1speed out of trouble?!

Happy travels and stay well! I think I shall give you a new nickname: Sam Carter, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Check out the results just posted for last week's Collateral Damage and also SA's Epiphany.
      Yes, but as another poster said on another thread, that is just one week so you cant really use it as proof. Multiple weeks would be reason for concern for those who are so inclined. However, IMHO the only thing the decline will do is stiffen TPTBs resolve to go in the "fresh new direction".

But thats JMHO and has absolutly nothing to do with AT\Carter as the only way she could have contributed to lower ratings is her lack of screentime .
      But then I can say that about Teal'c and the real Daniel... and of course Jack and Hammond and fraiser and jacob and... I could go on....

Carter is still a great character and I have great hopes for the next 6 episodes. After that its all up in the air.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
        However, IMHO the only thing the decline will do is stiffen TPTBs resolve to go in the "fresh new direction".
        why do you think that? I woulda thought theyd be inclined to scrap this new direction thing of theirs?
        - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
          why do you think that? I woulda thought theyd be inclined to scrap this new direction thing of theirs?
          People can be hard headed. Especially if someone had maybe told them they were wrong. I think they would be inclined to prove they are right. .... sometimes you just want to stick that square peg in the round hole just because someone told you you couldnt (doh, maybe im projecting)... Plus the show wont really change totally until next year so they can still assume in their minds that the 'great and awesomely never used story line with the really super cool character' will solve any problems they are having.

ok, that was more then I meant to say. This isnt a complaining thread this is a SAM thread. This show would be much more of what it used to be if we had more SAM and Teal'c and Daniel... and last weeks more serious (but not too serious) Mitchell. More team. Team rules. (team would rule more with Carter in charge... or a logical reason shes not... but it still rules)
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
            I thought it might reinforce their belief that Vala is vital to the success of the show, seeing as ratings were higher at the beginning of the season.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s
              I didn't give anyone permission to HOT-Link my Photobucket..
              I didn't see anyone here hotlink your account (i.e., steal bandwidth). Posting a link to a public site is not hotlinking.

Obviously there's interest in the photos, but I can understand the discomfort with posting on an open board. Unfortunately, this thread doesn't have a more secure method of posting that doesn't sacrifice efficiency (as is the case with PMs or e-mails).

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                I thought it might reinforce their belief that Vala is vital to the success of the show, seeing as ratings were higher at the beginning of the season.
                unfortunately i fear you may be right. i really hope not though.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  Check out the results just posted for last week's Collateral Damage and also SA's Epiphany.
                  I almost jumped for joy when I saw the ratings It only proves to me that we have been right all along! Here's a pic of the true S9 SG1
                  Last edited by Mandysg1; 19 January 2006, 05:14 PM.
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia

I know what you mean, but I don't think so. I think that even if you didn't like Vala, you'd give the show a shot and not quit watching right away === plus viewers were probably waiting to see how the team would shape up, and what happened to Sam and Jack, and Sam coming back. There are alot of reasons why the first five episodes were watched. After Vala left, the show still had good ratings until now.

IMO, some casual viewers have become bored with the show, or don't like ALL the changes. There are SO MANY changes this year, and it has been difficult to get used to them. I have friends who are just bored with it---Mitchell is not exciting them. Sam is not in it that much. The writing is not as good as it was. I'm bored with it, I hate to say. I'm just holding out and watching because of AT. But I have to say, I have no interest in buying the season 9 DVDs at this point. I have the first eight seasons, but season 9 is just not that good in general to me.

I think the "new direction" is suffering. They are making too many changes, and not writing team shows. Where's the stargate? It's like alot of fans are saying on the threads---they have so many questions about what the heck is going on. So many things just don't make sense. Where's Jack? Why are the characters out of character? What's up with this new leader? Why isn't Sam on more, and do more than babysitting--why isn't she leader? Give us a reason. Season 9 is SO different from the first eight seasons. Why did they have to think they had to FIX things when they weren't broke. the second half of season 8 and 7 did very well in the ratings. Why change things so drastically? We need a bit of the old feeling back, and definitely more Sam!!!

And Altantis is suffering too---it's okay, but not that compelling.
                    Last edited by chocdoc; 19 January 2006, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      sam isn't unshipable. she's got jack, even if the show doesn't exactly. keep it in the background *until* he can return. there's things to do in that dept if they wanted to. if they wanted to.

btw, did you guys know that amanda was at the braniff ski thinger with rda? (not *with* rda ). ben was there too. i've seen one pic of her.

sally

You're right, Sally. She is shippable, but TPTB are not interested in that story at this time. They could do things to indicate that, but that is clearly what they don't want to do. I think they would only go there again when RDA is actually physically present. What I'm saying is that, because RDA is not there, she is not shippable. That is not a problem for me, but I think TPTB and Scifi want to focus more on characters that are shippable with other characters on screen. I don't think that is right.

Comment

yeah, chocdoc i totally agree. i want more sam, more teal'c and more daniel. i want to know more about whats been happening with the old characters, and i want team shows like we used to have. i like season 9 for the most part, but i'm not really that invested in the new guys. i might if i felt that i knew more about how they fit into the sgc. i really liked colonel dixon from heroes, and not just because he was hot. i felt that he had a connection with the sgc, and with sg1, through jack.

if i knew more about his friendship with sam, i might give a monkeys about mitchell. if they just made something up and threw out the odd line here and there about that backstory i'd connect with him more.

i connected, to and extent, with alec colson, because they explained, and discussed his history with sam.

if they just did something like oh, off the top of my head:
                        sam and mitchell flew in the gulf war together/went to the acadamy together.
                        they stayed in touch, on and off over the years.
                        she recommended him as a pilot for the x303, knowing what a good pilot he was and that he had great potential as a future addition to the programme.

et cetera, et cetera!

now i just made that up right there, and i suck at script writing! seriously, i can send you one of my scripts to prove it! if i can make up crap like that, i'm sure a bunch of pro's can do the same, only better.

is a backstory too much to ask!?! well, is it?

(BTW, if you guys couldn't tell by now, i'm one very very bored insomniac tonight)

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                          I didn't see anyone here hotlink your account (i.e., steal bandwidth). Posting a link to a public site is not hotlinking.

Obviously there's interest in the photos, but I can understand the discomfort with posting on an open board. Unfortunately, this thread doesn't have a more secure method of posting that doesn't sacrifice efficiency (as is the case with PMs or e-mails).

If you were on the RDA THREAD and saw the pictures you saw this also

PLEASE, PLEASE, don't do anything to these pictures, I HAVE taken time and energy to RE-SIZE them, and put my MARK on them. Don't share them with other Boards, You can make an ANNOUNCEMENT that they are here, but don't LINK them PLEASE!! and Thanks!!

This was TYPED before all my pictures were posted..

End of this!!
                          Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
                          sigpic
                          Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                            You're right, Sally. She is shippable, but TPTB are not interested in that story at this time. They could do things to indicate that, but that is clearly what they don't want to do. I think they would only go there again when RDA is actually physically present. What I'm saying is that, because RDA is not there, she is not shippable. That is not a problem for me, but I think TPTB and Scifi want to focus more on characters that are shippable with other characters on screen. I don't think that is right.
                            I think TPTB have problems with writing ship, they can handle a one planet stand but that's about all. Maybe they should just steer clear of ship, until they can get a good ship writer. Hey Skydiver want to offer
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s

If you were on the RDA THREAD and saw the pictures you saw this also

PLEASE, PLEASE, don't do anything to these pictures, I HAVE taken time and energy to RE-SIZE them, and put my MARK on them. Don't share them with other Boards, You can make an ANNOUNCEMENT that they are here, but don't LINK them PLEASE!! and Thanks!!

This was TYPED before all my pictures were posted..

End of this!!
                              The RDA Thunk thread isn't my cup of tea, so no, I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                I think TPTB have problems with writing ship, they can handle a one planet stand but that's about all. Maybe they should just steer clear of ship, until they can get a good ship writer. Hey Skydiver want to offer
                                i usually find joe and paul to be good ship writers. and i think heather e. ash wrote beneath the surface, which was very good (IMO). i can never really tell where coop is coming from, so i can't comment on him. PDL, i find is a good ship director, as is martin, but i'm not sure about writing ship, can't remember at the moment. i'm very tired and a little depressed, and i shouldn't really be discussing this in this tread anyway.

hopefully they won't ship anyone with anyone, barring the established ships they already have, for a while. and even at that i think they should play it way lower than they have in the last couple of seasons, those arcs have had a good run and have been pretty much resolved in terms of i think we know where we stand and whose with who now and so on. lets focus on the action again!

i like action!sam. i want to see some of her this season and next. (of course i won't say no to the occasional ship mention, but i don't expect it. that's what fanfic is for)

Comment

Working...
                                X