• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out the transcript from tonight's chat at

http://www.livejournal.com/users/tjh102/
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Just read a quote that so reminded me of something AT said:

"The U.S. industry just didn't know what to do with me." - Gillian Anderson from article, Whatever Happened to Scully?, by Justine Elias for Sunday NY Daily News 1/15/06.

The article is very complimentary of Anderson's new work in PBS British series Bleak House and other upcoming releases, and discusses her lack of roles after X-Files. But this stuck in my head because AT mentioned how much she admired GA, and of course, the infamous "they don't know what to do with Sam's character" nonsense from the writers/producers/PTB.

Just sayin', thought it was an interesting connection. (Sorry, can't give link; expect GA's website may put it up eventually.)
      MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
      sigpic
      Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

I missed the chat
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
          I missed the chat
          that's ok. so did i.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
            Just read a quote that so reminded me of something AT said:

"The U.S. industry just didn't know what to do with me." - Gillian Anderson from article, Whatever Happened to Scully?, by Justine Elias for Sunday NY Daily News 1/15/06.

The article is very complimentary of Anderson's new work in PBS British series Bleak House and other upcoming releases, and discusses her lack of roles after X-Files. But this stuck in my head because AT mentioned how much she admired GA, and of course, the infamous "they don't know what to do with Sam's character" nonsense from the writers/producers/PTB.

Just sayin', thought it was an interesting connection. (Sorry, can't give link; expect GA's website may put it up eventually.)
            This is why I'm somewhat concerned that Amanda is going to disappear into obscure Canadian productions after the end of SG-1.

Here's a similar article for those interested.

http://www.jsonline.com/enter/tvradio/jan06/385298.asp

Comment

Big hugs to those that missed the chat. Thankfully most of it was fairly standard stuff anyway, nothing inspirational or new. Plus you have a transcript there.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                This is why I'm somewhat concerned that Amanda is going to disappear into obscure Canadian productions after the end of SG-1.

Here's a similar article for those interested.

http://www.jsonline.com/enter/tvradio/jan06/385298.asp
                i don't knwo about that. AT has a lot of connections, a lot of friends.

i do think that she also has a good reputation to help her out

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                  Big hugs to those that missed the chat. Thankfully most of it was fairly standard stuff anyway, nothing inspirational or new. Plus you have a transcript there.
                  that's why i wasn't too fussed about it. chats can be hard to get into and i knew there would be a transcript

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Compared to her daddy's huge frame, I thought his little girl looked about 10 months old. Next to Chris Judge, everyone looks tiny, don't they?!

However you make some good observations. Perhaps someone will confirm the exact date that photoshoot happened. I believe it was broadcast on December 27 though on the local channel in Vancouver.
                    oh yeah they do. i have a pic with cj and he's twice an adult's size, so you know how tiny a baby will look

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      i don't knwo about that. AT has a lot of connections, a lot of friends.

i do think that she also has a good reputation to help her out
                      Not that she won't be able to work, but whether she'll want to appear in anything large.

Comment

thanks to everyone posting help and transcripts re the chat. I'm afarid I seem to have run out of green for you all though

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                          I'm just curious, did anyone else submit substantive questions re: S9 issues? I submitted several questions on the topic, and I see that nothing was really addressed in the chat.
                          The one thing I have noticed is that most actors won't really discuss what is happening currently in the show. So if you ask Amanda a question regarding what is going to happen with Sam in seasons nine, you normally won't get a response other than wait and see. Sandy, may have avoided asking Amanda any questions regarding Sam in season nine so as to not put Amanda into a hard situation. Another thing to keep in mind is Sandy is in another country and they may not have seen all the espisodes that we, the US, has; therefore, she may not wish to spoil the season for those fans who wish to remain spoiler free.

That's just my opinion though,
                          Kat

P.S They only asked one of four of my questions, and the question they ended up asking was not one that really gave us any incite into Sam, but I didn't think anyone else would ask it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            oh yeah they do. i have a pic with cj and he's twice an adult's size, so you know how tiny a baby will look
                            This is true. That guy is huuuuuuuuuugggge.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              The one thing I have noticed is that most actors won't really discuss what is happening currently in the show. So if you ask Amanda a question regarding what is going to happen with Sam in seasons nine, you normally won't get a response other than wait and see. Sandy, may have avoided asking Amanda any questions regarding Sam in season nine so as to not put Amanda into a hard situation. Another thing to keep in mind is Sandy is in another country and they may not have seen all the espisodes that we, the US, has; therefore, she may not wish to spoil the season for those fans who wish to remain spoiler free.
                              You may be right about the spoiler concern, but they didn't object when I submitted my questions. My questions re: S9 weren't looking for new information about plotlines, but explanations for actions/dialogue. TPTB are never going to explain themselves to us, but I thought perhaps they might have to Amanda.

Comment

I didn't get my question asked either. I think it was a time issue. Mine was quite personal though, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X