Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Skydiver
    lol

    thanks but i couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. i sing worse than i draw
    But, Holy Hannah, can you write fanfic!!

    Comment


      Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      I've never been to a con, no. I'm an innocent little virgin *adjusts halo*
      I find the innocent part hard to believe

      Comment


        RE the Anti-Carter thread - Dont give it a 2nd thought. Let people post in it if they want, but just ignore it.
        If you want my real opinion, most anti stuff is blown way out of proportion. And thats anti anything - anti-sam, anti-daniel, anti-vala, anti-mitchell, anti-s9, anti-s10 etc etc. No disrespect to anyone who has those views (though, if you have Anti-Walter views, then you have issues ) but most people here would be better off ignoring that thread.

        Meanwhile, continue our positive Sam/Amanda stuff. Because thats what we care about

        Comment


          Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          I find the innocent part hard to believe
          Me??
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

          Comment


            Just follow-up on my last post - I did not realize the Carter thread being discussed was started many months ago and died on the vine months ago. It was originally started by someone who states in their profile that Daniel is their favorite character (surprised - not me). Most recently it was restarted by someone replying to the earlier arguments about Carter being to smart and that persons profile has Carter listed as their favorite character. Very interetsing - to me anyway. Again the thread is more what can we nitpick about Carter. Anyway - that's it on that I promise never to mention it again just wanted to clarify because I thought the thread was just started but I still also think when it was started they were hoping for a different reaction/result. My guess, since it is already on page 2 again, is that it will disappear again as quickly as it appeared. It didn't get any legs the first time . . . .

            Just as an aside, and maybe I'll get modded for this but it is my observation. There are certain factions of fans that are very rude, very mean and downright tragic to listen to so it is no surprise that the only anti-main character thread is an anti-carter one . . . . If AT has seen or does see it, my guess is that she would laugh it off because she knows very well that fan faction exists, especially since most of the posts are negligible and not really "anti" just quibbles.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              Me??
              /me thinks back to MSN/IRC convos

              Comment


                oh yeah. the actors need thier downtime. now at gatecon it wasn't unknown for some of the 'smaller' actors to spend candid time with fans. colin would hang, so would douglas arthurs, davie palffey and others, however the 'big' ones, at, cj, ms, well their contracts were for X number of hours and that's what they did

                they were escorted from their room to the event and back up with no real interaction in between

                i'm sure it's not because they didn't want to but, well gatecon was always held during the end of the taping season and, in the case of at, ms and cj, they have 2 free days a week, and when there's a con, there goes the weekend.

                they come in, do thier time and leave

                i think it's as much for thier sanity as anything else.

                it's also protecting thier future income. Can't be expected to be paid for your time if yougive it away
                Where in the World is George Hammond?


                sigpic

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  But, Holy Hannah, can you write fanfic!!
                  huggles

                  thanks CG
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?


                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    Well Agent Dark, your just everywhere arent you!

                    SuSiE_SG1
                    Major Sam/Jack Shipper!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Skydiver
                      oh yeah. the actors need thier downtime. now at gatecon it wasn't unknown for some of the 'smaller' actors to spend candid time with fans. colin would hang, so would douglas arthurs, davie palffey and others, however the 'big' ones, at, cj, ms, well their contracts were for X number of hours and that's what they did

                      they were escorted from their room to the event and back up with no real interaction in between

                      i'm sure it's not because they didn't want to but, well gatecon was always held during the end of the taping season and, in the case of at, ms and cj, they have 2 free days a week, and when there's a con, there goes the weekend.

                      they come in, do thier time and leave

                      i think it's as much for thier sanity as anything else.

                      it's also protecting thier future income. Can't be expected to be paid for your time if yougive it away
                      You can kinda understand that. Being around crazed fans has to be a hard job. They deserve alone time, and they're giving up their free time to do it. But it'd be nice to see they're more into it than just being "contracted"
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                        You can kinda understand that. Being around crazed fans has to be a hard job. They deserve alone time, and they're giving up their free time to do it. But it'd be nice to see they're more into it than just being "contracted"
                        Yea Tracy Jane, so I guess you shouldn't be act so crazy around them.

                        Oh yea I forgot you're a virgin
                        sigpic

                        my fanfic

                        Comment


                          they have to be into it or they wouldn't do it.

                          look at it this way. let's say that AT is getting paid $X for 10 hours work. well she decides to come down to the bar and hangs out and spends another 3 hours.

                          what happens next year? word gets out that she hangs in the bar so folks start to hang in the bar hoping that she'll be there. and in year 2 she is.

                          then in year 3 she doesn't come, she's tired...but everyone expects her to be there and expects her to work 13 hours for the wage of 10 hours.

                          all of a sudden she's gonna be blamed for not holding up her part of the bargain when that part was never part of the bargain

                          there is also the very real possibility that thier time is governed by forces 'bigger' than them. maybe scifi/mgm/sony only permits them so many hours of convention time that's not an 'official' convention. (also during the taping season they still have to be at work first thing monday morning and the work can't stop just cause they spent the weekend moonlighting at a side job)

                          also, hey, it's gotta be tiring to be surrounded by folks that all want a piece of you, no matter how well meaning it is. they ahve lives and are working and need their quiet time

                          i don't begrudge any of htem taking time off, and i know no one here does either
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?


                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Mandysg1
                            Yea Tracy Jane, so I guess you shouldn't be act so crazy around them.

                            Oh yea I forgot you're a virgin
                            Unfortunately only in the con sense. And before Lys makes a comment.... that's convention, not con (con in French is the word for stupid)
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Skydiver
                              they have to be into it or they wouldn't do it.

                              look at it this way. let's say that AT is getting paid $X for 10 hours work. well she decides to come down to the bar and hangs out and spends another 3 hours.

                              what happens next year? word gets out that she hangs in the bar so folks start to hang in the bar hoping that she'll be there. and in year 2 she is.

                              then in year 3 she doesn't come, she's tired...but everyone expects her to be there and expects her to work 13 hours for the wage of 10 hours.

                              all of a sudden she's gonna be blamed for not holding up her part of the bargain when that part was never part of the bargain

                              there is also the very real possibility that thier time is governed by forces 'bigger' than them. maybe scifi/mgm/sony only permits them so many hours of convention time that's not an 'official' convention. (also during the taping season they still have to be at work first thing monday morning and the work can't stop just cause they spent the weekend moonlighting at a side job)

                              also, hey, it's gotta be tiring to be surrounded by folks that all want a piece of you, no matter how well meaning it is. they ahve lives and are working and need their quiet time

                              i don't begrudge any of htem taking time off, and i know no one here does either
                              The fun thing about GABIT is that it's just for one actor and a much smaller venue. Amanda really got to talk to the fans during the autograph session and you would sometimes get a glimpse of her at the elevators or walking across the lobby, surrounded of course by her entourage of protectors. And when she's at her Q&As and other onstage events, she's giving her usual 110%! At the cocktail party, she was also being timed by Julia at each table so that, in all fairness, she could meet everyone and then move on and end the evening not too exhausted. It's still quite amazing to watch her in action ... being with fans who are so enthusiastic takes a lot of mental and physical stamina! And, yet, AT remains as friendly and attentive to each person as if she were your next-door neighbor! (Hoping that your next-door neighbor is someone you like!)

                              All of you going to London in November will get your money's worth of a good time, I'm sure!
                              Last edited by ChopinGal; 16 January 2006, 04:50 AM.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                The fun thing about GABIT is that it's just for one actor and a much smaller venue. Amanda really got to talk to the fans during the autograph session and you would sometimes get a glimpse of her at the elevators or walking across the lobby, surrounded of course by her entourage of protectors. And when she's at her Q&As and other onstage events, she's giving her usual 110%! At the cocktail party, she was also being timed by Julia at each table so that, in all fairness, she could meet everyone and then move on and end the evening not too exhausted. It's still quite admirable to watch her in action ... being with fans who are so enthusiastic takes a lot of mental and physical stamina! And, yet, AT remains as friendly and attentive to each person as if she were your next-door neighbor! (Hoping that your next-door neighbor is someone you like!)

                                All of you going to London in November will get your money's worth of a good time, I'm sure!
                                Thanks for that, ChopinGal.

                                It must be so hard to be all smiley and professional all the time. Especially with a little baby, or generally having that sort of schedule. And no offence to anyone here, but some Sci-fi fans can be scarily hyper and obsessive.
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X