Awww........ Poor Baby!

All Hail MiniGeek
      A Prior Of Samanda
      Now that's more like it, baby!!!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        Wow. Kat. That was just about the most brilliant analysis of Sam and Pete's relationship I've ever read in a forum. Wish I could green you but, there's a lock on the jello in my fridge for you.

I think the fact that Sam loved Pete, but wasn't "in love" with him was always the single biggest factor for her. And I completely agree with you that she probably did lay awake at night, warring between guilt over "wrecking" another relationship - especially one wherein the guy was so devoted and so good to her - and guilt over staying with Pete for the wrong reason(s). And it DID take her dad's passing to give her the courage she needed (and the insight) to make the final decision a reality.

mini
        I also factored in the shock of seeing Jack in another relationship spurred her into action. It made her re-evalutate her relationship with Pete and if she was really wanting to give up on a relationship with Jack. Jacob's further encouragement and concern over what would make her happy, made her take action. Just my take......

Jan
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam
          I also factored in the shock of seeing Jack in another relationship spurred her into action. It made her re-evalutate her relationship with Pete and if she was really wanting to give up on a relationship with Jack. Jacob's further encouragement and concern over what would make her happy, made her take action. Just my take......

Jan
          Agreed.
          AT personaly says if SAM & JACK fishing is together.
          sigpic

Comment

Happy New Year To All!

As the Carterfic Archive (www.samanthacarter.tk) is currently down, I recommend the Carterfic List at Fanfiction.net: http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/1066/3/0/1/
            If you haven’t read it, I highly recommend Strix’s latest Samfic ‘Under Fire’
            http://vikingchick.gyrfalcon.net/underfire.htm

I also highly recommend Strix’s other fics at
            http://www.gyrfalcon.net/vikingchick/stargate.htm
            Of note: please read ‘The Knife’s Edge of Madness’ if you are looking for a good evening’s read!!
            http://vikingchick.gyrfalcon.net/knife.htm

And Strix’s recs for other great Samfics (esp w/Sam-whumping)
            http://www.gyrfalcon.net/vikingchick/whumping.htm

Here’s a few Sam vids that I hadn’t seen before:
            (at http://www.pink-martini.net/)

Ding Dong - Nellie McKay
            7.16MB and made on 5th January, 2006
            A Sam video which should in no way be taken seriously!
            http://www.pink-martini.net/fandom/s...g1dingdong.zip

The Analyst - Delta Goodrem
            4.69MB and made on 28th January, 2005
            http://www.pink-martini.net/fandom/s.../sganalyst.zip

Ladies Night- Atomic Kitten
            3.63MB and made on 25th November, 2003
            A SG1/CSI crossover and featuring Sam, Janet, Catherine and Sara
            http://www.pink-martini.net/fandom/s...ultiladies.zip

To one and all on the Samandan SaGC Thread - Carter Rocks!
            And I'm with MajorSal and all of the others who are looking forward to some smart, strong, sexy, good-natured snarky Sam! A little Command!Carter and Pilot!Sam would be great too!
            Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome - it's so great to see this thread still going strong. The GW server has been giving me problems as I try to post, however, and I saw that my post last night was a bit gargled (pieces repeated and such), so I think it's fixed now (fingers crossed that the server takes the corrections).

While the server appears to be working, I'll weigh in on a couple of topics that I saw in the last few pages of posts:

On the topic of Sam In Command: I'm still pissed (*really* angry) that Carter isn't in command of SG-1. Taking command away from Carter and giving it to someone else was a nasty move. Of all of the things that I've seen on TV and in the movies, this is one of the most disgusting. I won't say anymore here, because it will just bring in the black clouds and such.

On the 'lighter' topic of Pete: I really liked KatG's idea:
            Originally posted by KatG
            I liked the idea of Pete, but I'd always hoped Sam's fallback guy would have been her auto mechanic. It just would have tied in so nicely with Sam's own
            backstory - of which we were always told more than we were shown.<grumbles>

Instead of that silly cafe scene we could have been treated to a grease-smeared Sam&Pete on the garage floor under her Volvo a la Sam&Daniel under the mine in Serpent's Venom. In place of the insipid park scene we could have seen them in leather bike gear, leaning on their Harleys whilst looking out over the mountains where Pete could have popped the question.
            Now that's how I see Sam!

Comment

Now that's more like it, baby!!!

Thought you'd enjoy that. Thanks for the jello.
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

On the topic of Sam In Command: I'm still pissed (*really* angry) that Carter isn't in command of SG-1. Taking command away from Carter and giving it to someone else was a nasty move. Of all of the things that I've seen on TV and in the movies, this is one of the most disgusting. I won't say anymore here, because it will just bring in the black clouds and such.

Yes i am a waiting for SAM in command, but i am a see Mitchell in command, i am has been close infarct, and very, very angry

Mitchell save SG1?, this is a bad joke?
                SG1 save world many times without any reward
                sigpic

Comment

*crosses fingers that the internet gods will quit messing with her response to this...this is attempt three to respond...geez GW, what's up with the trouble?

<snippity do da>
                  Aw, Sunny, no defense of Ben is necessary. No one said Ben was being negative. Or that he was attacking fellow cast members. Quite the opposite in fact. He was very charming and understated.

Geez freakin' louise people...when are you going to get it that I'm not posting in defense of Ben/Claudia or being defensive in general every time I post? I was merely posting my opinion...yes I realize it is usually quite different from most everyone else here...but it's just that, my opinion.

As to politics in the military (I'm quite sure you're right about their prevelance). In this instance, however, I don't see the connection to canon.

Cameron Mitchell didn't get his posting at the SGC because of Washington politics. He got his position because of Network politics
                  Considering that from all I've heard about how closely SG1 tries to match how the Real Air Force works...that's where I get my take on the politics of the military. If SGPTB are truly sticking closely to how the real Air Force works, then it is highly possible that the politics of the military do play in the whole Cameron as leader thing.

Mitchell got his posting due to him being nearly killed trying to save da team. They (and especially Jack maybe) felt obligated to do something special for his sacrifice. Hence Jack telling him he could have any position he wanted. Mitchell wanted SG. He had no clue that Jack would make him leader of SG1.

Seriously.

Washington wasn't even involved (in so far as canon is concerned). If you recall, Jack O'Neill promised Cameron Mitchell any position he wanted after he recovered from his ordeal in the Antarctic. Mitchell then chose to join SG-1.

I'm fairly certain Jack didn't have the intention of placing Mitchell in a superior position to Carter on SG-1 at that time. It simply wouldn't have made sense. Especially since a) she'd already moved on to head up R&D and b) she had already held the military command position of SG-1 the year previous.
                  Ah, but when Cam got to the SGC, he was informed by Gen. Lam that he was in charge of SG1, per Jack's orders. So Jack did intend for him to have that position. I agree Sam had the position the previous year, but then she transfered to another position, else were. I dont' know many places that would take a person back after transfering out and then coming back, the same exact position, especially if they've already found someone to take that position.

I do like the Cam Mitchell character well enough, but there's no justifyable way to say that it was somehow Washington or the Pentagon who dictated Mitchell's position with the newly assembled SG-1 (after the point that Sam Carter returned to the SGC). It was nothing more than a poorly contrived plot device dictated by a network point-of-view. The point-of-view which holds that a male action hero must be "in charge". Plain and simple.

I will add this. Since Pentagon-politics played no actual (canon) role in Mitchell's posting to the SGC, his 'leadership' simply didn't wash for me. Had they at least acknowledged there was Washington and/or Pentagon politics at play therein, I could have far more easily stomached the decision quite frankly. But they didn't. TPTB decided to make SG-1 a co-leader situation because even they were forced to acknowledge the truth of the rational inconsistency they'd given birth to.
                  Ah, how do any of us know 100% that the Pentagon-politics didn't play into Jack's decision to assign Mithcell to the leader position at SG?

At the end of the day (any day you choose), Sam Carter is still the better qualified (and inarguably the more experienced) team-leader for the SG-1 field unit. And with no (rational) explanation to the contrary, she really should be leading the team now that she's returned to active field-duty.
                  Actually, I think they are both highly qualified for the job, even if Mithcell doesn't have the same amount or kind of field duty Sam has. But that's just me. I'm one of the few who really doesn't have an issue with the "co-leader" thing, even if it isn't "canon" for the show.

Just remember folks...even the suits in Hollyweird are still mostly a bunch of "good ol' boys" who like running their "good ol' boy" network. Sad but true.

Also, remember this...I am not defensive...nor defending Mitchell/Ben. I'm sharing my opinion. I'm not out to upset anyone or make anyone feel like they can't post. I just like debating (in a good way) stuff like this. It get's the ol' heart pumping and the brain juices flowing - hopefully for everyone involved. It's just good clean fun.....until somone looses an eye.
                  sigpic
                  I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

You're not alone on liking Vala, Sunkrux. She needs toning down a bit, IMHO, but I like her.

And just for the record, I'm getting really fed up of how GW has turned into a warzone. It's not one Ship against another or Vala against Sam. Vala and Sam can coexist quite happily, as should their fans. This isn't aimed at particular people, but I just think it's really sad when certain people feel uncomfortable to post because of their character preferences.

Rant over. Relinquishing the Soapbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                      You're not alone on liking Vala, Sunkrux. She needs toning down a bit, IMHO, but I like her.

And just for the record, I'm getting really fed up of how GW has turned into a warzone. It's not one Ship against another or Vala against Sam. Vala and Sam can coexist quite happily, as should their fans. This isn't aimed at particular people, but I just think it's really sad when certain people feel uncomfortable to post because of their character preferences.

Rant over. Relinquishing the Soapbox.
                      I hear ya. Please don't think that I'm upset, I'm again...just sharing my opinion. I know I can be rather forceful in my presentation, but honestly, I'm not upset. I just like playing devil's advocate.

In ANY fandom, you're going to have folks who will purposely start "war" over characters because they want people to only like their fav character. They can't see past their obsession to realize that it's ok for people to have different fav characters/couples. In fact, it's fun to debate good naturedly with folks over stuff like that.

MINI- please don't think I'm upset with you from my response to your post to me. I'm not! I tried to green you to tell you that...but I haven't spread enough love to do it again, yet. <weg> Just you wait though...just you wait.
                      sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                        [Ah, but when Cam got to the SGC, he was informed by Gen. Lam that he was in charge of SG1, per Jack's orders. So Jack did intend for him to have that position. I agree Sam had the position the previous year, but then she transfered to another position, else were. I dont' know many places that would take a person back after transfering out and then coming back, the same exact position, especially if they've already found someone to take that position.
                        to be ornry you could say that the only reason mitch is the boss, and the only reason landry gave him command of sg1 was because it was SG-ME.

jack knew that sam wasn't there, knew that teal'c was off world and that daniel was off donig his own thing....and knew that mitch was gonna walk into the sgc expecting to join the team only to find out that he WAS the team
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

"Which boyfriend do you mean?"

"Orlin ascended to a higher plane of existence, Martouf was just too sappy and puppy-dog eyed, and there was that one night stand with Delek I didn't mention, oops...oh, and did I mention Orlin came back as a twelve-year old kid, who will either live out the rest of his life here on Earth as a kid till he grows up, or reascends and kicks major Ori butt."

(sorry, the delek stuff came out of nowhere, but he seems interesting, too bad we really didn't get to know him all that well).
                          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

It's true... Sam doesn't have much luck with blokes. But maybe she'd have more luck if she stopped switching identities (sorry, lousy link up to my point, but anyhoo.....)

When making our list we forgot to add future Sam (2010), Fireman Sam (Changling) and hallucination Sam (New Order)

Speaking of 2010. If SG1 is still going then, wouldn't it be really cool to have a second episode called 2010 and see what is *really* happening. I mean, guest starring RDA in his cabin, and you could have Joe turn up out of the blue! We don't know for certain that he died!

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux

Considering that from all I've heard about how closely SG1 tries to match how the Real Air Force works...that's where I get my take on the politics of the military. If SGPTB are truly sticking closely to how the real Air Force works, then it is highly possible that the politics of the military do play in the whole Cameron as leader thing.

Mitchell got his posting due to him being nearly killed trying to save da team. They (and especially Jack maybe) felt obligated to do something special for his sacrifice. Hence Jack telling him he could have any position he wanted. Mitchell wanted SG. He had no clue that Jack would make him leader of SG1.

Ah, but when Cam got to the SGC, he was informed by Gen. Lam that he was in charge of SG1, per Jack's orders. So Jack did intend for him to have that position. I agree Sam had the position the previous year, but then she transfered to another position, else were. I dont' know many places that would take a person back after transfering out and then coming back, the same exact position, especially if they've already found someone to take that position.

Ah, how do any of us know 100% that the Pentagon-politics didn't play into Jack's decision to assign Mithcell to the leader position at SG?

Actually, I think they are both highly qualified for the job, even if Mithcell doesn't have the same amount or kind of field duty Sam has. But that's just me. I'm one of the few who really doesn't have an issue with the "co-leader" thing, even if it isn't "canon" for the show.

Just remember folks...even the suits in Hollyweird are still mostly a bunch of "good ol' boys" who like running their "good ol' boy" network. Sad but true.

Also, remember this...I am not defensive...nor defending Mitchell/Ben. I'm sharing my opinion. I'm not out to upset anyone or make anyone feel like they can't post. I just like debating (in a good way) stuff like this. It get's the ol' heart pumping and the brain juices flowing - hopefully for everyone involved. It's just good clean fun.....until somone looses an eye.

I have to admit---remembering that it is still a good ol' boy network is not very comforting! They had their chance to write Sam as the sole leader in season 9 and they didn't do it. Too bad, and there are many fans who are not happy about it. I like Mitchell---it just doesn't make logical sense to me why he is leading, at least as they have written it.

And I also have to admit that the believability of season 9 in terms of Air Force protocol has gone out the window for me. For example, the whole Senate hearing committee scene was totally unbelievable. The way Landry behaved in much of the first five episodes didn't work for me, but he is growing on me. Some of the things they let Vala do on base was just beyond unbelievable to me. But it is possible that it will be more "realistic" in season 10.

I hope we actually see sam command sg-1 in this second half coming up, since she is after all, "co-leader."

Comment

The above is what I get up to when GW is down. Featuring various shades of "A".

Comment

Working...
                                X