Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lys
    Nope, I'm playing serenade while you desesperatly attemp at spouting some French.
    The musicians thank me for that.
    Yeah, they probably would.

Well, fun playing, but must get back to my words...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
      I totally understand where you're coming from, Sunny. I was never a huge fan of TV Guide, even though everyone in my family gets it these days. However, when they made "the switch/conversion," I was a little annoyed! They've totally revamped a mag that's several decades old. I like the mini-mag size, and you're right. It's definitely like EW.
      I recommend, for anyone who doesn't like the "new & improved" version of TV Guide to put it in writing on their website... http://www.tvguide.com there is a feedback link some where. Tell them you want it back the way it was. Tell them WHY you don't like it as it is now.

Those who subscribe...get 'em where it really hurts, their wallets. Cancel your subscription. I did and told them why as well as answered their little "tell us what you think of the "new & improved" version" questionaire they have/had.

*ends her recommendation....for now.
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
        1speed, you wanna find a box of my favourite colour : green with pink stars spread all over it. And I want infinite sized stars !
        Mwahahaha !
        What's all this want, want, want, eh? We're doing it for your benefit, young lady, so just be grateful for what you get!!!

(If you're going to call me Grinch1speed, then that's just how I'm going to behave... )

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
          Ready ?

Je prends la Corne de Gabriel des mains de Strix et je souffle indéfiniment dans les oreilles de NC jusqu'à ce que des cloches de taille infinie lui sonnent aux oreilles.

Want more ?
          I'm sorry it had to come to this, but since you're ganging up on me in two languages, take this!

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
            I'm sorry it had to come to this, but since you're ganging up on me in two languages, take this!

NC
            OY! I'm not crazy about this kind of math either.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
              What, a big F-U?
              hey i'm a sam/jack shipper and i really loved moebius. didn't see it that way at all. i thought it was exactly what a lot of us had been asking for for years. and i loved seeing different versions of our team. i have to put my hand over my mouth to stop myself laughing out loud every time i see it.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                hey i'm a sam/jack shipper and i really loved moebius. didn't see it that way at all. i thought it was exactly what a lot of us had been asking for for years. and i loved seeing different versions of our team. i have to put my hand over my mouth to stop myself laughing out loud every time i see it.
                The bit with Daniel in the classroom ROTFLMAO!!!!

I should explain. Last academic year, I was working as EFL teacher (English as a foreign language) in Germany, so I was basically doing what Daniel did. We had these training sessions all year on how to teach and how not to teach, and after the experiences that we had, we all found Daniel hilarious. So much so, that at the end of year, at our official leaving do, they did a "how not to teach" session and included that clip.

As a language teacher, that was one of my all time favourite bits of Stargate. You wouldn't believe how accurate it is.
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular

NC

Oh! pretty !
                  I wonder how the Ancients wrote those same equations ?
                  Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    The bit with Daniel in the classroom ROTFLMAO!!!!

I should explain. Last academic year, I was working as EFL teacher (English as a foreign language) in Germany, so I was basically doing what Daniel did. We had these training sessions all year on how to teach and how not to teach, and after the experiences that we had, we all found Daniel hilarious. So much so, that at the end of year, at our official leaving do, they did a "how not to teach" session and included that clip.

As a language teacher, that was one of my all time favourite bits of Stargate. You wouldn't believe how accurate it is.
                    "Hello, my name is Carlos, jou make me so hot"

that line gets me every time. and sam signing the non disclosure form? LOL!

and jack doing his slightly exagerated minnesota accent.

also love the early bonding between the AU team especially teal'c and sam and jack and sam. very adorable.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                      What pop up windows? We hatesssss pop up windows. They burnssssss usssss.

Nope, I passed right on by those links. Not peeking until AFTER Ripple Effect has aired. When is that?
                      Week from Friday for us. 1/20/06
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        I don't know... I never quite recovered from the introduction of negative numbers. It short circuited my brain in the opposite way of trying to comprehend infinity. Or maybe the exactly the same way. Oh, and see, I'm going cross-eyed just thinking about both of them right now.

Save me, NearlyCircular!!!!!
                        Hehe, try having your 15 year old neice asking you to help her with grade 10 physics After many hours of pure hell we figured it out

At least I know my above average IQ came in handy. (took the test from the tv show)
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                          Ready ?

Je prends la Corne de Gabriel des mains de Strix et je souffle indéfiniment dans les oreilles de NC jusqu'à ce que des cloches de taille infinie lui sonnent aux oreilles.

Want more ?
                          Hmmm? It's been a while since I took french, but are you saying something about Strix having big ears
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                            Hmmm? It's been a while since I took french, but are you saying something about Strix having big ears
                            I don't know the size of Strix' ears. Do we have a Mr Spock in disguise in our thread ?

That's what I was translating :

Takes Gabriel Horn from Strix and blows infinitely into NC ears until she's got infinite size bells ringing in her ears.
                            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                              "Hello, my name is Carlos, jou make me so hot"

that line gets me every time. and sam signing the non disclosure form? LOL!

and jack doing his slightly exagerated minnesota accent.

also love the early bonding between the AU team especially teal'c and sam and jack and sam. very adorable.
                              Spolier for Season 8 Moebius below

The one highlighted above ... I thought was the funniest moment in the episode ... AT's facial expressions. I also like the moment between AU Jack and AU Sam in the Puddle Jumper, when she said she kind of liked Daniel more ... Jack's reaction was funny ... of course the shipper in me enjoyed the ending, although I wish it wasn't AU. (sorry nonshippers).

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                                I don't know the size of Strix' ears. Do we have a Mr Spock in disguise in our thread ?

That's what I was translating :

Takes Gabriel Horn from Strix and blows infinitely into NC ears until she's got infinite size bells ringing in her ears.
                                I'd like to join Strix and her Gabriel Horn with my violin, but due to some unforseen circumstances I had to give it up Yes, I couldn't stand to hear myself play.
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X