Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    Spoiler:
    Ah yes. The imminent wet bathing suit scene.
    *snork*, lotsa substance there!! Annnnnnd I rest my case.
    Oh. My. God. <dies and joins AD on the floor> Please tell me there are pictures.

"Substance! Who needs substance?" thinks Strix, failing her saving throw and losing all of her intelligence and integrity points in one fell swoop.

My LJ

Comment

Pictures!!!! Woohoo!!

My, but aren't I shallow tonight. <sigh>

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
        Pictures!!!! Woohoo!!

My, but aren't I shallow tonight. <sigh>
        Hahaha, shallow is where I live Visitors are always welcome

Comment

She came back to the show after having her baby, and is continuing to play an important part in the Stargate franchise. I respect that. I was a BIG BIG BIG fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its sister show, Angel - and one of the characters I loved (my favorite, actually) was Cordelia Chase, played by Charisma Carpenter. Lovely woman with a great character (in my opinion) who evolved through the first three seasons of Buffy, and then moved on to Angel to star with the Vampire with a Soul.

My point?

Somewhere during season 3 she got herself pregnant, and the character just took a complete NOSE DIVE. Not only did it take a nosedive, but she was absent for over half a season, and when she returned, her part was just not quite right. Then after playing a role that I didn't enjoy very much, her character just sort of disappeared (well, not literally, but I don't want to give it away if some people haven't seen Angel yet)... and finally in Season 5 she appeared in only ONE episode to finally drop the character and move on.

I have a feeling it was the actress, and that she wanted to go do something else. I guess I shouldn't be upset, but it totally ruined the character for me! Especially the way the character was developing... and the took SUCH a complete nose dive.

I was not very happy.

THIS is why I like Amanda Tapping and I respect her. She had her baby, and all during that time (before and after) she has been a complete trooper, and her character has remained consistant. I can only see positive things in the future of both actress and character.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Sure it's a bit of a cop out...and perhaps at some point in the future, McKay will have grown enough to have an experience that actually does change his life.

But first he has to allow himself to change...and he ain't there yet. Sure, baby steps in tiny increments...and he's changed just from the span of his experiences while in Atlantis...but not substantively enough to be ready for the kind of introspective Carter had in Grace.

JMHO of course...but I was looking forward to and got some fun banter. I knew not to t expect substantive character growth from McKay...I had hoped after Trinity but I learned from that that he just isn't ready to make those kinds of changes yet.

meh...to each their own. For me? GUP is a keeper because I got to see yet another side of Amanda's acting skills in another not-Carter character.

The ep looks good to me!

Comment

there are so many reasons I respect Amanda, not only is she a very good actress, shes a decent human being as well. She has completely changed my life and Im so grateful that I finally got to meet her a month ago Happiest day of my life
              - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Whoo, go Amanda

Comment

She seems like a person with a GREAT sense of humor (just watch some of the preview specials), and I REALLY respect people like that.

Oh, and she can act pretty well too.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Hahaha, shallow is where I live Visitors are always welcome
                    AD, you're a great guy.

My LJ

Comment

Oh dear lord...... blue just became my favourite colour..... yikes!

Highly... highly sig worthy. See aswell as all this smart, strong, powerful etc talk.... we sometimes forget that Amanda is just downright hot!! She just has grace to go with it... kind of a total package deal. Things are always much more to appreciate when you don't see them all the time.. if you know what I'm sayin.

Meanwhile I'm looking forward to watching GUP tonight when I get home, I'll be interested to see what I think of it story wise

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        Whoo, go Amanda
                        Whoot...

Comment

I smell green for you.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh.....
                            Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                              Oh dear lord...... blue just became my favourite colour..... yikes!

Highly... highly sig worthy. See aswell as all this smart, strong, powerful etc talk.... we sometimes forget that Amanda is just downright hot!! She just has grace to go with it... kind of a total package deal. Things are always much more to appreciate when you don't see them all the time.. if you know what I'm sayin.

Meanwhile I'm looking forward to watching GUP tonight when I get home, I'll be interested to see what I think of it story wise
                              OFF-TOPIC RANT BELOW...

Myrth, please! Help me! For the love of Olivia, please help me understand what the HECK the crazy GG people were smoking when they made up the nom ballots. WHAT THE HECK?!?!? Hargitay was a freakin' obvious choice. Patricia Arquette again?!?

That just means all of those tandem eps were for naught.

*dies*

/OFF-TOPIC RANT

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                with two of next year's cons having been announced, and amanda attending them, let's start a little head count and see if we can organize a little samanda get togther at each of them

in july we have Shore Leave in Maryland, usa

in november we have AT2 in london ( i guess)

so, who is going to each one?

once we get a general idea then we can start organizing some meet ups at the con.

folks that are going can also use this list to see if they can find roomies and the like

Me?

i'm hoping to do both. I've sent my money in for shore leave although i do not have a confirmation yet. and i'll look into AT2 once things are announced
                                Well, finances are always an issue with me, and I've promised my partner a trip to Ireland and/or the UK sometime next year, which may make it hard to pull off Shore-Leave... But I'd really like to go.

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X