No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completely off topic, but as a numbers person, I noticed we're on page 1111 and we'll soon hit post number 22222. Way cool!

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      i've always thought that Sam was behind rod's change of heart. that little bit, when he thought he killed her i think knocked a lot of the smug out of his heart. now a good portion of it grew back , but her nearly dying did chill him out a bit and gave him the bigger picture...that it's not always about who's right or wrong but getting the job done...and that there are often no easy answers but sometimes just the less bad one
      And I think it would do Rodney some good to have someone like Sam around who wouldn't put up with his arrogance, and would smack him down when he gets too mouthy. (not literally, of course) Weir has done that once that I recall, but he needs to be reminded more regularly that he's not all-knowing.

I also think it's good for Sam to have someone like Rodney around, because even though he's got the hots for her, he's so into himself that he doesn't worship her. He treats her as obnoxiously as he treats everyone else, but he also challenges her intellectually and emotionally, and that's good for her. It may not be fun for her to be on the receiving end of his comments, but as we've seen, she's more than capable of responding. I like snarky Sam and she's more free to be snarky with Rodney than with almost anyone else.

NC

Comment

[FONT="Georgia"]Snarky Sam #12 "Sleeping Situations"

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ituations.html

Tell me, what happens when only one member is able to hang on to their sleeping bag on a mission? What if it's freezing outside? Hmm...[/
        FONT]
        - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
        Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

Originally posted by Miz_Gatez
          [FONT="Georgia"]Snarky Sam #12 "Sleeping Situations"

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ituations.html

Tell me, what happens when only one member is able to hang on to their sleeping bag on a mission? What if it's freezing outside? Hmm...[/
          FONT]

Hahaha, great fic *goes to read rest of Snarky!Sam series*

Oh crap, there goes the rest of MY night... *sigh*
          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            McKay's been lusting after Carter since the day he met her. Every opportunity the two of them have to interact again ya just know something of a 'sexual innuendo' is going to come up. Like in Moebius, he's got his usual snark for everybody else's ideas but then he turns to Geek!Sam and says, "You, I'd listen to if you were reading the newspaper." - we're supposed to roll our eyes at that. And we're supposed to cringe when(if) he kisses her in GUP too (or when she makes a pass at him (shyeah!). I think it's completely meant to be taken very lightly. As to the question of "why do it at all?" - because the two characters have an ongoing arch-rivalry. It's classic conflict. Plus, the actors have hilarious chemistry together, and a scene like that, well played, could be funny as h*ll.
            yeah, i know i can't wait. *yawn*

sally *hunts for smiley face*
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
              Agree, Agent Dark! Who cares what they think! To them, it doesn't matter what Sam does, ever. I predict it now. Sam and Vala having some great scenes together---some kind of friendship -- Sam will be criticized by that minority, simply for interacting with Vala.

I look forward to Grace Under Pressure because I have always liked the way AT and DH have played out their interactions. McKay started to redeem himself just a bit in redemption.
              i won't mind seeing sam and vala interacting, because i know they won't go sam/vala shippy! hallucination or not, it'll be *another* instance of sam/other ship being shown this season.

excuse me, while i go whine somewhere else.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Shoooot, I'm excited about Sam/McKay snark action in GUP, but I hope they don't establish any kind of "romantic Daniel/Vala-esque chemistry." Because, as illogical as sounds, I think some fans WILL STILL link Hallucination!Sam's behavior in GUP to any future behavior in S10. I know, it makes absolutely no sense, but I think that's what'll happen.

At any rate, I think AT and DH are a hoot, so I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Comment

Oh the nostalgia!

Came across this great interview (well I had read it before, but it seemed like a new one again ) with Amanda Tapping, Teryl Rothery and Don S. Davis done back in February 2001 GatePride

I would kill to see Amanda, Teryl and Don in person together

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Oh the nostalgia!

Came across this great interview (well I had read it before, but it seemed like a new one again ) with Amanda Tapping, Teryl Rothery and Don S. Davis done back in February 2001 GatePride

I would kill to see Amanda, Teryl and Don in person together
                    LOL, thanks for the interview. I'd never read that one before. I would love to be a fly on the wall with these three in a room. They seem to have so much fun together, but I think I might have a hard time holding my bladder. I laughed so hard during Gabit with just Amanda, I couldn't imagine how much fun it would be with Amanda times three.

Kat

Comment

bump

Comment

One positive thing about GUP could be that it might give AT a chance to do something different with Carter. So as an actor she might enjoy it. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is fun along the lines of the other interactions we've seen with Sam & McKay. And if not, I can comfort myself with the fact that it never really happened.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          One positive thing about GUP could be that it might give AT a chance to do something different with Carter. So as an actor she might enjoy it. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is fun along the lines of the other interactions we've seen with Sam & McKay. And if not, I can comfort myself with the fact that it never really happened.
                          I'd bet my bootie AT enjoyed filming it, as an actor.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                            I'd bet my bootie AT enjoyed filming it, as an actor.
                            more than likely she did. it's always nice to break out of the ordinary. i think that's one reason AT liked playing with Pete. she finally got to stop being the celebate little major and play a woman.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I’ve been thinking again. (And now, a brief pause to accommodate those who know they ought to run away when they hear that... )

I’ve been wondering, since McKay told Sam that he was deathly allergic to citrus – something to the effect that one drop and he’d die, which, in the absence of medical intervention, is certainly possible with anaphylactic shock, though the absence of medical intervention would be impossible in the SGC, thus illustrating Rodney’s ubiquitous hypochondria – before Sam made her famous “Go suck a lemon!” comment (Editorial remark: Go Sam!!!!) to him, was she in essence telling him “Eat slime and die”? Of course, no one would ever have any reason to tell Rodney that, would they, but, I digress. I could certainly see why she might want to tell Rodney that, and I can see that the standards of behavior ingrained and imposed in her and upon her as a USAF officer might have kept her from actually expressing the, ah, *sentiment* directly.

So, with my thanks to MajorSam for the Lululemon info –

If Sam was telling Rodney to “Eat slime and die”, and, personally, I think it likely she was, whether Rodney realized it or not , would the Lululemon outfit/jacket that she’s wearing as wardrobe in GUP constitute an inside joke, or, at least, quiet little rebus-like pun, to the effect that Rodney ought to be regarding Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter, USAF, as something his system just can’t handle? A lulu of a lemon for his allergy to citrus? Is his subconscious telling him that if he gets into this fantasy too much ::assumes extremely innocent expression:: he’s going to die? Is his subconscious trying to tell him he actually knows Colonel Carter’s strictly off limits? And if so, why? ::insert mental image of Hallucinatory!Jack glaring at real Rodney!Hallucinating and Hallucinatory!Sam from the sidelines ::

Finally, I’ve found myself a fan-wank that’ll let me watch GUP without throwing things at the TV. ::snicker:: I still think Sam may need to deck Rodney within her first Atlantis ep, though.

And, as a tangential aside, sometimes this season, at least on Stargate (Wow - Word just combined with me typing that word with a put-the-keyboard-down-pick-it-up-again-type-without-feeling-for-the-position-dots moment to render 'Stargate' as 'Stagnate'. I didn't know I had the Freudian-Slip plug in for Word!), it seems like various pieces of the production are pulling in different directions, sometimes detrimental directions, even... vaguely subversive directions. Like in Mitchell's Big Adventure, Babylon, where the attention ought to have been on Mitchell, the sets are so intricate, pretty, and visually rewarding, that the viewer is hard pressed to look at Mitchell instead of the sets. And Avalon II, there’s the 15th century suit of armor and sword fighting Mitchell in what would have been a 5th century setting, in the ‘real’ Merlin timeline, and, then, the nice round gold coins for Vala to roll around in, when nice round coins were vastly unusual even in the 15th century, and there’s Vala, posed/sprawled like a drunk, with a modern beauty queen style tiara on her head, instead of a 5th century, or 15th century circlet of rank, or crown, the armor, arms, coins, tiara, et cetera, reinforce the farcical aspects of the episode, in such a way that they definitely interfere with the 'get people to like the new parts of the show' functioning of that particular plot. The Prior’s staffs, implements and symbols of their power, are prime examples of the clunky school of design, and the Docii’s ‘collars’ look like they’re wearing spray-painted farm implements around their necks – nothing inherently impressive in either one. And that hand-made-monks'-gear-and-high-school-musical aspect of the production values for the Priors and Docii clashes badly with the chasm of fire, and evil Ascended thing that the Orii are supposed have going on, to their mutual detriment as villains. I just wonder if it's intentional on any part...
                              ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                                I’ve been thinking again. (And now, a brief pause to accommodate those who know they ought to run away when they hear that... )

So, with my thanks to MajorSam for the Lululemon info –

If Sam was telling Rodney to “Eat slime and die”, and, personally, I think it likely she was, whether Rodney realized it or not , would the Lululemon outfit/jacket that she’s wearing as wardrobe in GUP constitute an inside joke, or, at least, quiet little rebus-like pun, to the effect that Rodney ought to be regarding Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter, USAF, as something his system just can’t handle? A lulu of a lemon for his allergy to citrus? Is his subconscious telling him that if he gets into this fantasy too much ::assumes extremely innocent expression:: he’s going to die? Is his subconscious trying to tell him he actually knows Colonel Carter’s strictly off limits? And if so, why? ::insert mental image of Hallucinatory!Jack glaring at real Rodney!Hallucinating and Hallucinatory!Sam from the sidelines ::

Finally, I’ve found myself a fan-wank that’ll let me watch GUP without throwing things at the TV. ::snicker:: I still think Sam may need to deck Rodney within her first Atlantis ep, though.

Lulu...LEMON...

I SOOO never thought of that! MY do you analyze these things to tiny little pieces... I would love it if it were in fact some inside joke... there are a lot more of those in the scripts than we realize!! I wonder if we could find out about the lululemon somehow...

I totally LOVE your Hallucinatory!Everyone scene

and YES! Decking would be fantastic as well
                                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Working...
                                X